HOTFIX for the knight sword damage ?

• Seriously this make no sense, the claymore can 2shot vang with 2stab and it’s insanely fast, the sow and the longsword, can’t 2shot vang and it’s far slower, where is the logic and the balance, just reput the same damage as the previous version, notice that knight is not even my primary :|

• Well… It makes a little sense to me. The vanguard wears lighter armor and has a bigger sword. So I can see why he may be able to move quicker without all that plate armor in the way. Knights have a lot of great weapons/secondaries/shields at their disposal. Vanguards strengths are really in their primaries. So if they aren’t stronger than knights, they become quite useless.

• LOL i don’t see where the claymore is supposed to be a larger sword than the longsword, it’s not the case in real life and it’s not the case in the game, now it’s supposed to be a really fast weapon with a correct reach but weak damage, but still it does more damage than a big longsword who is far slower now, the gap is just to big between the speed/damage of those 2 sword.

• Knights are too fat to swing their swords fast.

It is known.

• @Sirbarthelemy:

it’s not the case in the game,

It is the case in this game….

• @Sirbarthelemy:

Seriously this make no sense, the claymore can 2shot vang with 2stab and it’s insanely fast, the sow and the longsword, can’t 2shot vang and it’s far slower, where is the logic and the balance, just reput the same damage as the previous version, notice that knight is not even my primary :|

….what are you talking about SoW and Longsword both do more damage than the Claymore.

• ….what are you talking about SoW and Longsword both do more damage than the Claymore.

Sarcasm ? what i tell is a fact, claymore can 2 shot vang with stab without headshot while longsword and sow need a headshot for 2 shot a vanguard with every attack.

• SoW still only takes 2 stabs to kill a vanguard in the chest, claymore needs to land 4 hits on a knight to take him down.

• SoW still only takes 2 stabs to kill a vanguard in the chest, claymore needs to land 4 hits on a knight to take him down.

Yh but the sow also need 4shot for a knight, expect you touch the head 1time exactly like the claymore but far slower, for the vang, this should be able to 2shot with stab/overhead without hitting the head.

Anyway let’s take another example : longsword vs spear vanguard

The vang has more range, more speed (movement and weapon), and they both gonna die in 3 hits (expect the knight hit the head once which is rare) how is it balanced ? (not to mention the knockback and charge attack)

• My friend stood still and it took me 3 overheads to kill him with the SoW. He was a vanguard.

• @Sirbarthelemy:

Sarcasm ? what i tell is a fact, claymore can 2 shot vang with stab without headshot while longsword and sow need a headshot for 2 shot a vanguard with every attack.

What you say is wrong, here see for yourself:

Claymore slash windup/release/combo from .5/.55/.65 to .475/.45/.625 and damage from 75 to 60
    Claymore overhead windup/combo/release from .55/.675/.55 to .475/.625/.45 and damage from 85 to 70
    Claymore stab windup/combo/release from .65/.65/.45 to .55/.625/.4 and damage from 70 to 65

Longsword overhead damage from 85 to 82
    Longsword stab damage from 65 to 61

Sword of War overhead damage from 75 to 70
    Sword of War stab damage from 75 to 68

Taken dircetly from the patch log.
    Strongest Longsword attack(overhead)> strongest Claymore attack
    Strongest SoW attack(stab)> strongest Claymore attack

• @Falc:

@Sirbarthelemy:

What you say is wrong, here see for yourself:

Claymore slash windup/release/combo from .5/.55/.65 to .475/.45/.625 and damage from 75 to 60
    Claymore overhead windup/combo/release from .55/.675/.55 to .475/.625/.45 and damage from 85 to 70
    Claymore stab windup/combo/release from .65/.65/.45 to .55/.625/.4 and damage from 70 to 65

Longsword overhead damage from 85 to 82
    Longsword stab damage from 65 to 61

Sword of War overhead damage from 75 to 70
    Sword of War stab damage from 75 to 68

Taken dircetly from the patch log.
    Strongest Longsword attack(overhead)> strongest Claymore attack
    Strongest SoW attack(stab)> strongest Claymore attack

Actually, the most damaging SoW attack is equal to the Claymore’s most damaging attack. To be frank, the claymore is just out and out better than the SoW now thanks to the combo speed of the claymore ( which, strangely enough, used to be one of the biggest strengths of the SoW).

• @Sirbarthelemy:

Longsword does take 3 torso hits, unless damage is always rounded up, then 2 overheads can do it,

Vanguard pierce multiplier=0.8
    Vanguard cut multiplier=0.6

Longsword overhead damage = 0.682 = 49.2 (=50?)
    Longsword stab damage = 0.8
    61 = 48.8 (=49)

Sword of War overhead = 0.670 = 42
    Sword of War stab = 0.8
    68 = 54.4 (=55?)

Claymore overhead = 0.670 = 42
    Claymore stab = 0.8
    65 = 52

So Claymore and SoW can torso 2 hit using stabs and longsword might be able to with overheads