In this thread, list the things you love about this patch…

• @Slaughtervomit:

@bada:

@AbyssusAther:

the impossible-to-parry SoW feet stab.

These words. These words right here are the problem with this community.

I thought it was elitist competitive players who look down on everyone else from their proverbial “high horse” that was ruining this community. (or at least tarnishing the community’s image) Thanks for clearing that up for me, Bada.

I guess I’m an elitist for being able to parry a SoW feet stab and not complaining that it’s impossible.

• SoW Feet Stab Dilemma.

• @SHH_:

Since I’ve been whining and raging all day about javelins, I will post something I like. The double axe got buffed, hooray.

Heh my brother is still “not having it”. I’m too traumatized from leveling to the next axe with that particular one that I’m going to need some therapy to try it again :).

I’m a big fan of the swordplay, and I feel like I can more consistently parry things that weren’t parried before, but look like they should have been. I had some intense duels with guys yesterday and had a lot of fun doing it.

I’m also a big fan of the new kick. I know it’s “useless” to a lot, but it’s a very effective way to break up combat when you feel like you need to get out fast.

I also like whatever-the-hell happened to stamina. Finally, I can’t hit a dodging maa 16 times in the shield anymore, it only takes like 8! (exaggeration, on purpose… but it does make it so turtling behind your shield is less effective).

I also like using the claymore, but I’m thinking this is the next nerf coming. The potential of this weapon to turn your vanguard into a whirlwind of death is exciting, and it’s very fun to cut down 5 guys in a row with it. “Hax… and slashes.”

I feel like I’m not seeing the same 3 weapons over and over again anymore. While we’re all likely trying them out to figure out the next 3 we’ll all use, I’m hoping to get some good usage out of the flail, spears, and polehammer… all weapons I thought to be useless in the last iteration.

• There are so many threads where you can go bicker about crap, and you choose the one thread about listing things you love about the patch. Come on guys!

• I really like how the claymore feels.

I love how MAA isn’t top dog in duels anymore.

I love how arrows don’t have exaggerated drop.

I like how feints are still able to trick people into parrying early, without being the only tactic used.

I HATE how arrows from warbow explode heads. It breaks immersion. I used to love shooting a charging swordsman in the head and watching him drop at my feet with an arrow in his face. Having his head explode makes it feel like some sort of super gun and I really hate it.

I would also like the overall speed of all weapons to be increased.

• @ChuckingIt:

There are so many threads where you can go bicker about crap, and you choose the one thread about listing things you love about the patch. Come on guys!

I really like how fighting is slower and simpler now. Thanks for removing the thought process that used to go into fights. That used to really suck.

• I love how I can matrix any fist attack now because of the magic forcefield I am surrounded by. S’pretty cool.

• I like how simplistic this game has gotten. Looks like i finally stand a chance in pubs now without all these exploiting clanfaggots. Yay! :D

• the vanguard’s new super speed sprint attack

• The Pebble Machinegun was buffed! I can now feel less like I’m handicapping myself by using anything except the Warbow.

The Double Axe was buffed; now with 20% more axe!

The Thrusting Dagger was (over?)buffed; dat overhead damage.

The Hunting Knife now looks even more hilarious.

The Polehammer has a purpose! Praise be!

People feel inclined to take a break from the Longsword/SoW and try the rest of the Knight’s arsenal, regardless of balance!

The Maul is no longer a slower Grand Mace.

Fewer .3 windups on one-handed weapons.

• I guess one more positive is I like how the losing team is switched to fists.

• WUBDUBDUBDUBAXE…. Love it.

• @OP the warbow doesn’t make peoples head explode, bodkin arrows do as they’re PierceBlunt (;

Easier to hit as an archer.
    The whatever it’s called bandistock weapon is awesome.
    Feints are easier to read, however the grunt plays sometimes when it shouldn’t.
    The game isn’t dominated by one player.
    Smokepots are thrown faster!
    Assists actually counts!
    MAAs are quite easy to beat now compared to earlier, still a challenge though.
    Knights doesn’t feel as OP instead vanguards seem to be the damage dealing class.
    Firepots gives you assists and you have to be more careful not to step into their fire.
    Balistaes work properly.

Feint-to-parry changes are somewhat in between, it seems useless now although I kinda like that people can’t spam it. So I’m not sure if I like or dislike the changes about this yet.

• @CRUSHED:

I like how simplistic this game has gotten. Looks like i finally stand a chance in pubs now without all these exploiting clanfaggots. Yay! :D

• I love getting shot out of spawn by crossbows :D

• I love that I no longer have to think so fast.

! I love thinking I’ll wake up tomorrow to a 1.5b revert.

• @BillDoor:

I love thinking I’ll wake up tomorrow to a 1.5b revert.

dont tease me

• @bada:

@AbyssusAther:

I hosted a private server with two of my friends, and together we tested the SoW feet stab at facehug range. I assure you it was literally impossible to parry.

• @AbyssusAther:

@bada:

@AbyssusAther:

I hosted a private server with two of my friends, and together we tested the SoW feet stab at facehug range. I assure you it was literally impossible to parry.

Please teach me what you learned in an afternoon.

• I love how combat is now sitting around with a thumb up your ass.

Chivalry: Medieval Stick Up the Ass