Combo feint to parry alt

• Since now it’s impossible to cancel combos, occasionally leading to TK’s that could have easily been avoided, it’s also impossible to cancel your combo swing and block.

The reason I understand it was removed was due to the combo feint part, which I sort of agree with. So here’s the alternative: Allow combos to be cancelled into parry, but they come with 0.5 or so second delay before being able to attack again. This way you can still cancel combos (into a parry if needed) when outnumbered or when a team member jumps right in between you and the target, but it makes the feint useless due to the time frame before you can actually get a strike in. Bottom line, it reserves combo “feint” for non-offensive cases.

Thoughts?

• You can still combo feint.

• Enlighten me.

• @Tower:

Enlighten me.

You can still do an early combo feint, which is useless.
    And if you want to parry, you have to wait 0.4 seconds. Which is useless unless someone does a delay overhead with the maul. And you still cut it close.
    There.

• You can combo feint under the same restrictions as a normal feint, with the added .4 parry lockout. So combo feints are offensive.

You can parry at any time in recovery now, and you can also parry immediately after your attack by comboing into parry the same way you would combo into an attack.

So if you miss an attack and see an attack coming, just parry. If you miss an attack and know the enemy can get an attack off, go into recovery. If you miss an attack and they parry or otherwise make a mistake, combo. You have tools for every situation, rather than a single catch-all mechanic.

• @SlyGoat:

You can combo feint under the same restrictions as a normal feint, with the added .4 parry lockout. So combo feints are offensive.

You can parry at any time in recovery now, and you can also parry immediately after your attack by comboing into parry the same way you would combo into an attack.

So if you miss an attack and see an attack coming, just parry. If you miss an attack and know the enemy can get an attack off, go into recovery. If you miss an attack and they parry or otherwise make a mistake, combo. You have tools for every situation, rather than a single catch-all mechanic.

How does this apply to those who took feints off their RMB and stuck it on Q with the cancel throwable too? For whatever reason, I can’t seem to parry during recovery like I see everyone else doing, and combo feints are incredibly inconsistent.