Most annoying post-patch thing: Flaming and Votekickabuse

• Well weird title I guess.
    I’m probably writing this only because I’m pissed off now but I’m really thinking of stopping to play this awesome game just because of the other players. Now, post-patch, the flaming, crying and votekickabusing is worse than EVER!
    It really isn’t fun if everything you see in the chat is “Damn Vanguard, damn patch messed up my maa, damn patch made vanguard OP, You cheater I can’t glitch through your shield! (No joke, someone really wrote that!)”

And the worst thing: Thanks to the post-patch lag, I am a “cheater” now. I am invisible and stuff… yeah right… I can’t play without getting kicked for invisibility anymore… Or I leave because of massive flaming. Always one of both.
    If I’m really invisible then it’s a result of the lag. Sometimes I get hit out of nowhere too.
    One player calls you a hacker, and everyone on the server believes him and votes yes, unless someone who knows you already is with him…

I know this thread won’t mute the flamers and won’t stop the votekickabuse.
    But I’m really pissed off because of that and I really think this game will die because of that.
    Maybe someone can recommend some servers where votekickabuse and flaming is not a big thread. But in my experience it’s nowhere worse than on the official servers.

At the end I want so say: Guys… PLEASE stop that massive flaming and votekickabuse. If you hate chivalry so much, that you have to complain about anything, then please don’t let the other players feel that! I bet that votekickabusing is also a result of players being pissed off because of their favourite stuff getting nerfed or something…

• The issues with votekick have been pointed out 100,000 times and a ton of suggestions that would probably fix it have been made by a bunch of people.

The devs /do not care./

They see the issue. They know it exists. They know how to fix it.

They do not want to because they don’t care, because they dont play and it doesnt happen to them.

• @JCash:

The issues with votekick have been pointed out 100,000 times and a ton of suggestions that would probably fix it have been made by a bunch of people.

The devs /do not care./

They see the issue. They know it exists. They know how to fix it.

They do not want to because they don’t care, because they dont play and it doesnt happen to them.

I know that. But since the patch it’s more frequent than ever. People really seem to be pissed of like a little child that got his toy broken by their big brother. They have to harm anyone near.

And about the devs dont care… I wouldn’t say that. You must understand that TBS has got a small devteam. Much work for less people. And they are concentrating on the stuff that’s not the players’ fault: The bugs. The votekickabuse really is a fault of the players that are not able to keep their emotions under control.
    I don’t say I’m not one of them. Today I voted a kick on someone who insulted anotherone because of an accidental teamkill and just didn’t stop insulting him. We were annoyed by him, I voted a kick, many voted yes, he got kicked. Maybe that wasn’t right of me/us, but at least I’m not calling someone a cheater just because he hits me out of nowhere DURING LAG!!!

If we were just able to get rid of the little crybabies… This game would be fun…

• There is nothing, NOTHING, wrong with kicking someone for verbal abuse. I really wish I could play right now, but my PSU is dead…

Raging, in my experience, almost always happens after a patch. It just takes some time for the cryers to get over the fact that the dev’s plugged some of the holes in the system.

I recommend finding a server (preferably an official one) and going back to it. Over time, you’ll notice that people are a hell of a lot less inclined to pester you. Each server usually has its own community or ecosystem of repeat players.

At least that’s how it is on “my” LTS.

• @Carolean:

There is nothing, NOTHING, wrong with kicking someone for verbal abuse. I really wish I could play right now, but my PSU is dead…

Raging, in my experience, almost always happens after a patch. It just takes some time for the cryers to get over the fact that the dev’s plugged some of the holes in the system.

I recommend finding a server (preferably an official one) and going back to it. Over time, you’ll notice that people are a hell of a lot less inclined to pester you. Each server usually has its own community or ecosystem of repeat players.

At least that’s how it is on “my” LTS.

Well I know a server I could use. It’s not an official server it’s a private server I know the password for and only people that don’t flame, cry and abuse the votekick get that password. Unfortunately the server isn’t always online. I would be playing there now if it was.

Ah… if we just all had the money to get our own servers and decide who can stay on it and who can’t. It would be much easier to get a fun match.

I guess I’ll stick to dueling with friends and mute any other player, so I won’t read the massive flaming and dont get votekicked.

• 1. mute people
    2. support this auto kick suggestion that gets rid of votekick abuse
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14207
    3. laugh at angry clannies who cant abuse bugs to own noobs

p.s. the devs care…. they were busy fixing combat animation bugs…

• @BandOfTheHawk:

1. mute people
    2. support this auto kick suggestion that gets rid of votekick abuse
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14207
    3. laugh at angry clannies who cant abuse bugs to own noobs

p.s. the devs care…. they were busy fixing combat animation bugs…

THX for the link to that thread. And yes, muting people and laughing at the angry guys is the best thing I can do now, I assume.

I think what TBS does now is the best. They fix what ONLY THEY can fix. The votekick abuse could be fixed by us players. For example by not believing every damn fool who calls someone a hacker, without checking out the so-called hacker first.
    People are like this: He calls him a hacker… Hmmm… I don’t know if it’s true… But IF it’s true, he’ll kill me… I’ll have one more death… OH MY GOD, I’LL HAVE ONE MORE DEATH! VOTE YES!!

That’s how those peoples minds work, I guess…