[CANCELED] Chivalry: ProMod

• –--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ [url=http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivalrypromod]steam group ] [ [url=http://www.chivalrypromod.com]official website ] [ [url=http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ChivPMDev/members]dev team ]

Client Installer

http://chivalrypromod.com/cdn/CPM_Client_Installer.zip

–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Releases (click for release notes and server install)

! Alpha
    ! 1.0
    ! 1.2
    ! 1.3
    ! 1.4

–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the name “promod” ?

! Well let me start off by saying this mod is open to everyone. The name “promod” actually comes from other popular FPS titles like Counterstrike. Since the reasons for us working on this mod are nearly identical to the reasons other ProMod’s were made, I felt the name suited it just fine.

What is it exactly?

! Chivalry: ProMod will be a game influenced directly by the competitive community. The competitive community will take full ownership of the game in the form of a council (more on that later) to directly influence the game. This influence will be fully transparent and every change the council wishes will be done.

The Council

! ProMod will feature a council of 9 players. You do not have to be in a clan or team to run for council, but if you are on a clan or team, there can only be one person from your clan or team. This is to counter any bias or agenda that may rise up. All council decisions will be transparent from the chat discussion itself to the voting records of each council member. A player is required to have at least 300 hours invested into the game before they can run for council. On the same none, any player with 500 hours or more can vote on a council member running. (Multiple votes is an idea being kicked around at the moment). Read about Council member term lengths in the Patches section.

Changes

! Any player with 300 hours or more will be allowed to submit bug, feature, and balance change requests. These requests will be voted on by the council one at a time with a maximum discussion time of 1 month before vote is required. 6 out of 9 votes are required for a change to be accepted and every change will go directly into the game without any influence outside of the council. Also, everything is subject to change. If you think changes should work differently, you can submit that as a request.

Patches

! When fully released, patching will run in cycles: bug patch, feature patch, balance patch. If there are no changes in a patch category, then we skip that patch. Council member term length is dependent on the length of a full patch cycle. This means after the balance patch, we will vote on new council members.

Milestones

! 1. Stable build
    ! 2. Alpha release with dedicated server support
    ! 3. Council formed
    ! 4. Run one successful patch cycle based on council decisions
    ! 5. Beta release with intended changes (listed at bottom)
    ! 6. ???
    ! 7. Full Release

When will this be released?

! We have a playable copy out right now. Check Releases at the top!

Who is the “we” in this?

! TOP. MEN.

How can I help?

! 1.) Join the steam group for the latest announcements!
    ! 2.) Add the following to your forum signature to show support:
    ! ! [url][img]http://i.imgur.com/2BIVbON.png[/img][/url] ! !3.) Want to do more? Contact me on steam! We’re very appreciative of any help we can get on this.

Intended Features

! PUG-mode
    ! New PUG gamemode to make competitive gameplay the new pub-gameplay. When you’re not with your team, you can just join a pug. (Need ready up, automation for starting and ending)
    !
    ! Spectator TV
    ! Create a proxy system similar to HLTV in which multiple players can view a delayed spectator view of the game. (Players can navigate their own cameras on a 180second delay from the game. Proxy will take up 1 slot in the server, but will be able to provide spectator access to multiple users)
    !
    ! Objective-style single-life gameplay
    ! Customized competitive maps for both objective and single life play. Teams will have objectives that need to be completed in a certain amount of time. If the objective is not complete, your team loses (Just like TO). You can alternatively kill the entire enemy team (no respawn during round, just like LTS). Either complete the objective or kill the enemy team.
    !
    ! Demo recording
    ! Implement demo recording to allow offline playback of matches and screen capture at a later time to lessen the resource consumption during match play.

• We will also look at the new patch, and discuss whats good of it to keep it in Promod. We will hold of Balance Meetings with all competitive players invited to try to achieve close to perfect balance.

IF YOU SUPPORT THIS MOD JOIN THE GROUP

CLICK

• I agree!

• Great idea and great goal.

• Would be sweet if you could pull this off. :D

• Kongen agrees

:cheers:

• Because he’s the hero Chivalry deserves, and the one it needs right now. So we’ll thank him. Because he can balance it. Because he’s our hero. He’s a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A…knight.

• I wonder how hard this will be to accomplish.

• Go Bada go!

• Bravo, looking forward to this.

• @Pan:

Because he’s the hero Chivalry deserves, and the one it needs right now. So we’ll thank him. Because he can balance it. Because he’s our hero. He’s a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A…knight.

:x

• @Daiyuki:

I wonder how hard this will be to accomplish.

Yeah me too. But I have high hopes.
    Great idea, It will be epic if it succeeds.

• Good decision!

• @Jetstream:

@Pan:

Because he’s the hero Chivalry deserves, and the one it needs right now. So we’ll thank him. Because he can balance it. Because he’s our hero. He’s a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A…knight.

:x

Yeah sorry that was terrible, I’m honestly embarrassed now.

• @Pan:

o.o
    A knight that doesn’t make it rain, he makes it hail?

• Well we’re movin’ on up (movin’ on up)
    To the east siiiide (movin’ on up)
    To a deeeeluxe apartment, in the skyyyyyhyyy

• @Anonymoose:

Well we’re movin’ on up (movin’ on up)
    To the east siiiide (movin’ on up)
    To a deeeeluxe apartment, in they skyyyyyhyyy

Stop…

• Movin’ on up
    To the east side
    We finally got a piece of the pie

• Great idea

• DYNOHMITE!!!