Had it with this game

• It strikes me as funny that I’m about to do the kind of rage post that I normally despise, but I’ve just had an experience on a Last Stand server that was the defining moment for me. Look, Im not a skilled player, I’m an average Joe. Some of you think that people like me shouldn’t be allowed to play the game because i dont posess you l337 skills, thats fine.

But when TB makes a class like the archer ridiculously good at melee combat, that spoils the game. my experience was: easily holding off 2 vanguards, as a VG myself in a narrow lane. Suddenly what had been an epic encounter of timing and wits turned into a slice fest as an ar archer dropped in and cut me to pieces in 3 moves.

I know I’ll get a lot of “learn to play” cat calls, but I’m obviously proficient enough to fend off 2 of my own class and kill one of them. What I’m saying is, the archer is stupidly lethal and there is little defense against a good archer, thats stupid to me and I am sick of it. The MAA has been normalised now to some extent but the archer class is, as you internet kids say, “OP” still.

p.s. don’t lecture me on keeping them at range, if we were at range they’d be snotting me with arrows. I just dont think it is fair to be super-lethal with arrow and melee.

• This isn’t a problem with the archers so much as it is with short-sword class weapons and daggers. They are currently some of the best melee weapons in the game due to their untrackable speed and awkward animations which makes them even harder to block. MAA’s can use these weapons too but archers can take you out with a back stab.

It really is a class which I don’t know if TBS knows what they actually want to do with it. Is it an archer? Is it a sneaky backstabber? Is it a close-range brawler? What is this class supposed to be? (Besides annoying)

• Archer melee is pretty strong 1v1. But let me tell you, when playing jav and running into more than one opponent is scarey as hell with all those weapons that can one shot you. :stab:

• I agree, I don’t have a problem with archers arching, it’s the super-single blade fighers that theyve been made into thats the problem Speed is the killer in this game, timing is common to all players but if you can time properly and have a massive speed advantage with a dagger then it’s just a short matter of time before you win on average.
    Sure there are special strategies that work against the class but thay require concentration on an unwarranted level.

• I never really did understand why Archers get that swanky backstab bonus, they really shouldn’t need it, it defeats the purpose of their class. If you want backstab dmg make a damn rogue class already. I want double crossbows.

• @Del:

I never really did understand why Archers get that swanky backstab bonus, they really shouldn’t need it, it defeats the purpose of their class. If you want backstab dmg make a damn rogue class already. I want hand-crossbows.

I agree with your backstab bonus statement, since its easy to get that bonus just by stabbing around the right side of someone. I wouldn’t mind making a separate jav class with that bonus. Then it makes sense. But not the normal archer.

• I thought they disabled the backstab bonus for all but the dagger line of weapons? Was that not implemented yet or at all? To my knowledge, it is only supposed to apply for the daggers or at least, I think I recall reading that somewhere.

• @ChuckingIt:

I agree with your backstab bonus statement, since its easy to get that bonus just by stabbing around the right side of someone. I wouldn’t mind making a separate jav class with that bonus. Then it makes sense. But not the normal archer.

I have to admit javelins sort of need an extra bonus against other archers, the backstab bonus is nice but I think what they really need right now is different melee attacks, they’re way too predictable at the moment.

• If they get rid of backstab for melee… can we have a 10-25% damage bonus for bow/xbow projectiles instead? :D

• @Del:

@ChuckingIt:

I have to admit javelins sort of need an extra bonus against other archers, the backstab bonus is nice but I think what they really need right now is different melee attacks, they’re way too predictable at the moment.

Thank you! Someone understands. I would settle for the old windup/recovery times for the javelins, at least then I stood a chance at killing archers at long range. Now, If I somehow manage to make it to a close enough range to hit them with my javelin, I have to hope I can actually land a shot before my windup is interrupted. And with short spears, you have to land two shots (one headshot). If I can’t have my thrown javelins back, I would at least take improved melee as it is severely lacking atm.

• @XGCForsakend:

If they get rid of backstab for melee… can we have a 10-25% damage bonus for bow/xbow projectiles instead? :D

Nice try lol. And @Del, I wish I could change weapons faster with Jav. Like an option to drop the Jav and shield in hand and quickly get your short sword out. Then you need to go pick up the shield again since you dropped it for a quick swap. That would be boss…… I hate getting caught in melee with my buckler.

EDIT: a real buff is a new shield lol

• @ChuckingIt:

Nice try lol. And @Del, I wish I could change weapons faster with Jav. Like an option to drop the Jav and shield in hand and quickly get your short sword out. Then you need to go pick up the shield again since you dropped it for a quick swap. That would be boss…… I hate getting caught in melee with my buckler.

Indeed, half of my deaths as archer is due to the game locking me into reloading, to be honest I think all classes should have the ability to drop any of their weapons and instantly switch to an alternative, that would bring so much more into the game.

• @ChuckingIt:

@XGCForsakend:

If they get rid of backstab for melee… can we have a 10-25% damage bonus for bow/xbow projectiles instead? :D

Aww… figured it was worth a try and it could be an alternative to melee backstab

Instead of melee, the backstab bonus only applies to archer projectiles. the whole “Don’t turn your back on an archer cause he will shoot your sweet spot” kinda thing. would of only been a 10-25% bonus… :(

Screw it. I tried.

• I never understood the backstab bonus. Is an archer a deadly assassin/thief?

I think not.

• @gregcau:

Is an archer a deadly assassin/thief?

! No, but my dick is a deadly assassin.
    In all honesty though, they probably thought the archers could more easily stab through exposed chinks in enemy armor, but even that doesn’t make complete sense because there’s not many opening near the back of most armor.

• @gregcau:

I never understood the backstab bonus. Is an archer a deadly assassin/thief?

I think not.

I prefer he be a class that excels in range projectiles and is proficient in aiming.

• @Del:

! No, but my dick is a deadly assassin.

lol we should exchange stories

• In need of an adult o.O;