What weapons got the most buffs\nerfs?

• What got the most buffs\nerfs? I know the staff\flail\sling got big buffs. But everything seems to have gotten sped up and or more dmg. It looks like the messer got a big buff, polehammer and brandistock. What weapons got the biggest buffs\nerfs?

edit
    I assumed the flail\sling\staff got huge buffs, they seem to have buffs but not huge ones.

So far it seems like the weapons with the best buffs go in this order, but its just my opinion.

1. Claymore
    2. Dagger
    3. All bows crossbows
    4. Polehammer
    5. 2 handed maul
    6. First 2 handed axe
    7. Brandistock\Fork (think the other one got nerfed)
    8. third 2 handed axe
    9. Messer
    10. Scimitar

• They turned the Claymore into a huge 2H dagger that can swing and combo so fast that it is just a blur. Looks like it’s going to be the new abused weapon very shortly. People have already figured out that it is unblockable and are having a good laugh in the chat.

• They turned my claymore into the go-to noob weapon.

• How could they change claymore to that? It is faster than a dagger!
    I mean how can you not see that problem when releasing a patch!?

I’m not a claymore player but i understand everyone now that complained about this.

• In all my time playing chivalry and visiting these forums I have never come across a single person complaining that the claymore is underpowered. Is Torn Banner just changing things for the sake of changing things?

• @Vesanus:

How could they change claymore to that? It is faster than a dagger!

It’s still slower than any one hander. If someone really swung it that fast, he hacked.

• claymore seems hella fast, I just tried it, its over heads are lightning

• @wyrda78:

In all my time playing chivalry and visiting these forums I have never come across a single person complaining that the claymore is underpowered. Is Torn Banner just changing things for the sake of changing things?

Not enough people care about using it to really make an assessment on it’s strength. It has always lived in the shadow of it’s other sword-counterparts, especially the greatsword, which is pretty much a straight upgrade from claymore.

It did need a buff, but this is just ridiculous.

• @Del:

@wyrda78:

In all my time playing chivalry and visiting these forums I have never come across a single person complaining that the claymore is underpowered. Is Torn Banner just changing things for the sake of changing things?

Not enough people care about using it to really make an assessment on it’s strength. It has always lived in the shadow of it’s other sword-counterparts, especially the greatsword, which is pretty much a straight upgrade from claymore.

It did need a buff, but this is just ridiculous.

The claymore issue was actually brought up during the beta. I think the general consensus was that it was the new go-to weapon since it’s so fast and is essentially a longer broadsword. But instead of tuning it to come back down to being a 2hander, they made it faster. Currently, I see no reason to use a vanguard’s secondary since the claymore has a primary’s length and a secondary’s speed.

• If you think the claymore is impossible to block I feel sorry for you trying to block virtually any 1 handed weapon.

The claymore isn’t OP, people just aren’t used to it.
    Yes it’s fast, it’s still a tad slower than the broadsword it just has more range.
    It’s damage was also nerfed to compensate.

I still find the good ol’ greatsword to be better as it takes fewer hits on VG/Knight and I can drag with it.

• A 2hander with a speed “a tad slower” than the broadsword is a stupid idea. The broadsword is an excellent weapon on it’s own, give it more range and you have the claymore as it is now. Comboing with the claymore is hilarious. Miss a swing? Swing again! It’s that fast. You won’t even need to parry during recovery.

• The claymore combos faster than most 1h swords with most of its attacks, it also has much more range. The new mechanics make combat much more about teamwork (superior numbers) and less about individual skill due to the inability to take on multiple opponents now, then the claymore’s reach, exceptional combo time and short release time, allows it to flail around in group fights where other weapons would not have that opportunity.

• @Josh:

The new mechanics make combat much more about teamwork (superior numbers) and less about individual skill due to the inability to take on multiple opponents now,

Goodbye duel tournaments.

• ok how about other weapons, t1 axe seems to have a nice buff, and the polehammer

• How about two worst weapons in the game: flail and 2-sided axe? Are they viable?

• @Sir:

How about two worst weapons in the game: flail and 2-sided axe? Are they viable?

The first axe seems like it got a nice buff, faster and more damage. The heavy flail has a nice combo now, try over head to lmb swing. Idk if its just me but the new heavy flail combo is fast!

• I think the sling really got the biggest buffs. Hefty increase to everything.

• @SlyGoat:

I think the sling really got the biggest buffs. Hefty increase to everything.

Forget the sling, sly, noone is ever going to use that terrible thing.

• @Del:

@SlyGoat:

I think the sling really got the biggest buffs. Hefty increase to everything.

Forget the sling, sly, noone is ever going to use that terrible thing.

I’m still damn terrible with the sling.

• @wyrda78:

They don’t seem to have a grasp of “balance” and common sense it seems. I mean they turn the claymore into a ninja sword yet keep the flail shitty once again. Seems like they’re doing things arbitrarily and without any testing and empirical mindset.