Regarding the Man at Arms

• One of the main complaints I see about this patch is about how the MaA is now “useless” this a criticism I really don’t understand, I have been playing MaA a lot since the patch to see if these claims were true and what I found is that the MaA is still completely viable in any mode be it a team based mode, FFA or duel, at no point did I feel like that it was under powered.

So can someone please explain to me why they think the MaA is now bad because I really don’t see the problem and very few people seem to be providing a constructive argument as to why they think the MaA is now useless, maybe there’s something that i’m not seeing, maybe it’s just the way I play the class.

• People don’t like change and haven’t gotten used to using tactics other than dash forward and attack at the same time.

They’re completely fine and fair now, only thing I’d like to see is either their base movement speed (NOT TOP SPEED) increased.

And/Or the removal of the “bubble” as they called it. It’s basically a magic hitbox that prevents you from getting in close or running passed enemies, sometimes. (As it works sporadically because it’s poorly implemented)
    This was supposed to stop “Facehugging” but in reality it’s just a nuisance. The problem with facehugging has been for the most part alt swings on certain weapons behaving improperly. That has been fixed, this “bubble” is unnecessary is making the game worse.

• The MAA is now even worse at fighting with a team and slightly better at 1v1 combat.

Neither of these changes needed to happen really. His 1v1 strength didn’t need to be increased, and his team fighting ability didn’t need to be lowered.

It was just silly changes all around.

• No, the dodge spamming needed to nerfed somewhat. Too many MaA overused it and were dominating the average duels with 10-1. I don’t how it was in top tier, but it was getting annoying in pub play.

• @Alyx:

People don’t like change and haven’t gotten used to using tactics other than dash forward and attack at the same time.

MAA face hugging defined the class. Hard to say if it is UP or not. Too early.

At least you have to appreciate that we all have work to do.

• @Tower:

No, the dodge spamming needed to nerfed somewhat. Too many MaA overused it and were dominating the average duels with 10-1. I don’t how it was in top tier, but it was getting annoying in pub play.

.3 cooldown is good. It actually prevents bugging your dodges together which takes up stamina but doesn’t activate the dodge.

• @Tower:

No, the dodge spamming needed to nerfed somewhat. Too many MaA overused it and were dominating the average duels with 10-1. I don’t how it was in top tier, but it was getting annoying in pub play.

It’s not about duels. In duels they’re still strong, in team play, they’re pretty fucking weak now.

• @NoVaLombardia:

It’s not about duels. In duels they’re still strong, in team play, they’re pretty fucking weak now.

Hilariously enough MAA’s are probably more powerful 1v1 than before. Too bad this is a team game and that doesn’t count for much outside of duel servers.

• Yup MAA is certainly better at duels, because they so needed that buff!

As for team games, you are probably better at going vanguard with a Claymore for that ridiculous swing speed and reach.

• @Toll:

Yup MAA is certainly better at duels, because they so needed that buff!

Whoever was for the dodge nerfs can only blame themselves for this. You nerf MAA in team combat you have to buff him elsewhere.

• I’m not gonna lie I played MAA and shrugged.

Even though I was a dodge heavy user I can still wreck shit with the nerfs.

• The only problem I have with MAA after the patch is the stamina drain from blocking 2handers and special daze that comes from that.
    As a MAA I may engage in a group fight, parry a few attacks, dodge an attack or two, wiff an attack, then the next attack I parry, I get special daze and some vanguard overheads me for a free 1 shot kill. Any vanguard with a long weapon (i.e. halberd) can attack relentlessly, make me parry, not lose any stamina from attacking, and have my stam drained to nothing eventually leading to a free kill.
    I don’t think its fair for MAA to dodge out and in of fights for free attacking from ridiculous range like pre-patch.
    Realistically, and when faced with multiple targets, MAA shouldn’t suffer from losing 1/5 of their stamina bar just for parrying when vanguards and knights can parry all day and stay in the fight. It would make sense for archers to be at such a disadvantage in melee, but not a class designed only for melee fighting.
    Most MAA I see at the top of scoreboards are just zig-zagging through the battle getting last hits on otherwise distracted weak bigger targets. But, if that’s the way they are meant to be played, so be it.

• @MUSASHI:

I’m not gonna lie I played MAA and shrugged.

Even though I was a dodge heavy user I can still wreck shit with the nerfs.

Nobody cares about pub-stomping.

• ?

I only played for like 20 mins and I’m only taking into account my duels vs someone from Interitus.

I haven’t played in 3 months but it took me less than an hour to adjust to these changes.

Besides I’m going to say this again the competitive scene in this game just doesn’t matter that much

• @MUSASHI:

?

I only played for like 20 mins and I’m only taking into account my duels vs someone from Interitus.

I haven’t played in 3 months but it took me less than an hour to adjust to these changes.

Besides I’m going to say this again the competitive scene in this game just doesn’t matter that much

Nobody cares about duels.

• You’re right the entire game doesn’t matter enjoy your farce.

• @BB:

The MAA is now even worse at fighting with a team

I have to disagree with you on that one, I had no problem in any team based mode and I don’t have many issues with how the MAA plays now.

The thing about fighting with a team is that it’s about the teams ability to work together, as opposed to the strength of an individual player or class.

The MAA can still be contribute to a team, just as much as it could before.

• MaA still works well in groups as long as you force situations to be as close to 1v1 as possible, if you manage to get a pure 1v1 situation it’s pretty much a free kill

• @Josh:

MaA still works well in groups as long as you force situations to be as close to 1v1 as possible

Haha that’s not much of a team fight if you force it to be 1v1.

• @BB:

@Josh:

MaA still works well in groups as long as you force situations to be as close to 1v1 as possible

Haha that’s not much of a team fight if you force it to be 1v1.

It’s not much of a team fight without one person on the edge of the battle, that person is isolated and 1v1 tactics work well