Who's idea was it for the patch to go live?

• Just curious as it why this was released when in the beta feedback forums there was still a lot of debate over changes and removals.
    If the devs are going to take feedback seriously they shouldn’t say “fuck it do it live” in the midst of everyone still debating the changes.

The whole concept of the beta was destined to fail in the first place. Very few people actually play-tested it as the only people who actually know of the betas are avid forum users which there isn’t that many compared to the full player base.

Small incremental hotfixes should’ve been the plan. That way you don’t get criticism mixed in with the crowd of “I DONT LIKE CHANGE, YOU CHANGED THIS FUCK YOU.”

I wonder how the devs are taking it at their studio, to see all of this negative feedback blown up in their face for their own impatience.

• In defense of the devs-

They’re probably sitting back and thinking, “How nice to be a dev. I’ll have a cold beer and make an awesome game.”

Secondarily, they’re also thinking, “I release patches to appeal to a broad spectrum of casual players, who are most of my playerbase, and then I make money, because that’s how business works.”

Until you have to pay TB to log onto a server, they’ll keep releasing content for new and casual players.
    “Content” in this instance refers to the patches.

We might recommend changes, but they don’t necessarily have to go with them.

Respectfully.

EDIT: God, I have really got to play this patch… Everyone’s atwitter!

• If that’s their perspective on their game I don’t think I’ll be buying any more games from TBS.

• Well, they’ve gotta make money. And as long as everyone is playing by the same rules, it’s pretty fair, IMHO.

I think small studios like TB are very important to the gaming industry.

• The Rule of thumb is:

If you don’t like a patch:

Blame Kimiko

If you do like the patch:

Thank Tibbs

• @Alyx:

Just curious as it why this was released when in the beta feedback forums there was still a lot of debate over changes and removals.

Debates would go on forever. Plus it was getting so confusing because Beta would get updated and just the changes were posted, so you couldn’t see what was changed before (easily).

I makes total sense to push it out, establish a new baseline and get feedback from 2000 concurrent players instead of 10 concurrent players.

They are pretty fast now, so after a week of live testing they can decide what to hotfix.

• I agree that putting the patch out was a sane thing to do. Beta changes could go on forever and the only real way to know if something would work is to throw it out into the open. I’m going to assume that, given the negative feedback on certain changes, TB will adapt some things accordingly. I wouldn’t hold your breath for a pre-patch experience, but I don’t think that is a bad thing per se. The patch just needs some finetuning and adjustments. If TB keeps up the pace like they did with the betas, a new hotfix will be out plenty soon. The only question is what they are willing to revert and/or adjust.

• @Tower:

given the negative feedback on certain changes, TB will adapt some things accordingly.

Maybe, there have been some knee-jerk reactions but its not clear what is an issue yet.

I tried the Claymore and I am not sure what the fuss is all about.

• @gregcau:

Must have been holding it wrong. TWO HANDS, man. TWO HANDS.

• @quigleyer:

@gregcau:

Must have been holding it wrong. TWO HANDS, man. TWO HANDS.

my Claymore stands by itself without hands

• @gregcau:

my Claymore stands by itself without hands

Oh, then maybe I’M the one holding it wrong.

Honestly, though, I think the claymore’s main issue is what people see when they fight it. The animation is a little jerky, and it goes from windup to swing in the blink of an eye. I’m already assuming every two-handed sword vanguard is using the claymore without looking and it’s not as much of an issue right now (as I get used to it).

Honestly I think a lot of this stuff is just going to take getting used to.

The polearms are my new “angry subject”. I think a lot of it is that everyone is using a spear right now, though. 1 on 1 it’s still a little hard to fight… I’m not entirely sure what I’m supposed to do. I can’t parry it and attack (I get pushed back on the parry and can’t move forward enough like before)… and it attacks so fast while I’m approaching it. It’s almost like I just can’t get close to a guy with spear.

• Crushed pulled the lever.

• You have to think it was the consensus of all the devs.

I’d put most of the blame on ‘slygoat’ he seems to decide when patches are good balance wise.

Just like most everything relating to the game, the patch was very rushed.

• @JCash:

You have to think it was the consensus of all the devs.

I’d put most of the blame on ‘slygoat’ he seems to decide when patches are good balance wise.

lets face it even if you decided what was released, you would complain and troll it after release.

• @gregcau:

@JCash:

You have to think it was the consensus of all the devs.

lets face it even if you decided what was released, you would complain and troll it after release.

Haha, probably :jlaff:

• Comeon that Claymore is way tough. I pulled it out in FFA to give it a go after messing with other weapons and by golly it is stupid fast, my play style upon swinging it around a bit switch to swinging that thing on the presumption that most people wont react to it fast enough. In most cases in FFA it worked, all while being safely out of reach of most weapons. Even with their invisible extended super blades.

• @Toll:

Comeon that Claymore is way tough. I pulled it out in FFA to give it a go after messing with other weapons and by golly it is stupid fast, my play style upon swinging it around a bit switch to swinging that thing on the presumption that most people wont react to it fast enough. In most cases in FFA it worked, all while being safely out of reach of most weapons. Even with their invisible extended super blades.

If true it will get nerfed in a hotfix, if that is the biggest problem with the patch, then it is a patch well done.

• @gregcau:

@Toll:

Comeon that Claymore is way tough. I pulled it out in FFA to give it a go after messing with other weapons and by golly it is stupid fast, my play style upon swinging it around a bit switch to swinging that thing on the presumption that most people wont react to it fast enough. In most cases in FFA it worked, all while being safely out of reach of most weapons. Even with their invisible extended super blades.

If true it will get nerfed in a hotfix, if that is the biggest problem with the patch, then it is a patch well done.

No one likes anything about the patch aside from the feint nerf, which wasn’t done hard enough.

so, the bad is everything not a feint nerf, claymore is a standout issue. But overall terrible weapon balance is another issue.

• @gregcau:

if that is the biggest problem with the patch, then it is a patch well done.

The “bubble” is my biggest complaint, it’s buggy and even as an idea it’s stupid. With the alt attacks fixed “face hugging” shouldn’t be a problem unless you’re a very inexperienced player.

Also silly weapon balance changes like the SoW/LS.
    Claymore is fine, maybe slow it’s combo time a tad but other than that it’s fine.

• @Alyx:

The “bubble” is my biggest complaint, it’s buggy and even as an idea it’s stupid. With the alt attacks fixed “face hugging” shouldn’t be a problem unless you’re a very inexperienced player.

Also silly weapon balance changes like the SoW/LS.
    Claymore is fine, maybe slow it’s combo time a tad but other than that it’s fine.

Oh please, the bubble was drastically rolled back. There is barely a bubble left.

As for SOW/LS um if every single clannie takes it competitively don’t you think it might be OP.

Its still very decent, but at least other weapons have a chance to shine.