FIX THE OP XBOW

• The xbows in this game is fucking op. Put a scope on it and you have a moderen sniper rifle(heavy xbow).

Put it back the way it was before and everything is good.

Light xbow: loads faster then the shortbow does twice the damage
    Normal xbow: seems fine so far opinions?
    Heavy xbow: A sniper rifle whitout a scope. you can be sniped across the map. Put it to the state it was before and its fine.

Also when you reload a xbow you should be Lock to the center of your screen. Because people look into the air and the shield on their back covers their whole back and there is no chance on hitting them which i find a bit unfair.

Leave your opinions.

• Slow mouse sensitivity, 60 FOV and it is deadly.

OP? Hard to say. What is OP anyway, should archers get less kills per game than knights? It is certainly not as enjoyable to be shot with a bolt versus outplayed with a sword.

• @gregcau:

Slow mouse sensitivity, 60 FOV and it is deadly.

OP? Hard to say. What is OP anyway, should archers get less kills per game than knights? It is certainly not as enjoyable to be shot with a bolt versus outplayed with a sword.

Well has i said in the post. The heavy crossbow is so superior over every other bow. The light xbow reloads faster then the short bow and does almost twice the damage. i now that the xbow was a “better” but this is still a game. And right now the xbow are just way to good.

• @LuckeR:

The light xbow reloads faster then the short bow and does almost twice the damage.

Are you sure? Maybe I should try that.

• @gregcau:

@LuckeR:

The light xbow reloads faster then the short bow and does almost twice the damage.

Are you sure? Maybe I should try that.

i am sure.

• I think you are wrong, Crossbows are now quite viable for long-distance sniping, finally a advantage over the Warbow archers that have the firerate and mobility, Though the Reload speed changes were a bit harsh.

Just keep the projectile speeds and revert reload speeds back to the old ones.

Actually with these changes, I believe that the three other weapon classes will finally be used in the scrim. Crossbow’s projectile speed and high damage gives it the advantage to shoot targets from afar, which can be a big advantage when playing as a Defender on Stoneshill 2nd Objective phase.

Javelineer’s melee buff, and Longer windup for shorter reloads have now given them a better chance of survival and success as a offensive archer, playing alongside the melee force, using Ranged and Melee to aid them.

Bows has their moderate damage and mobility, high ammunition count which puts them in a very good position as a “Hybrid” Archer class, thus is the reason why I believe Bows has so far been the most prefered Archer weapon class.

Now with the changes, the Javelineer and Crossbow have been getting more better for their tasks, also sling changes are pretty good.

• @wildwulfy:

I think you are wrong, Crossbows are now quite viable for long-distance sniping, finally a advantage over the Warbow archers that have the firerate and mobility, Though the Reload speed changes were a bit harsh.

Well my big prob whit it is that it shoots so fast that there is no arrow drop. You can have the shield on your back look into the air and you are covered there is no really bad thing about the xbow right now.

But again that is your opinion and i respect that :D

• If the xbow was nerfed, everyone would switch to Warbows…. and I don’t think people want a lot of arrows flying everywhere considering it has decent fire rate.

• Shortbow needs ~2s per arrow and the Light Crossbow needs ~2.4s per bolt. Light Crossbow damage output is comparable to a Warbow with Bodkin arrows but less effective against Knights. So no its not OP - just finally able to compete.

The other crossbows didn’t really change that much. They lost headshot bonus but gained projectile speed and still fullfill the same niches (sniping and burst damage support). And yes - crossbows are meant to work like sniper rifles (and they did so before you probably just didn’t notice).

• @LuckeR:

@wildwulfy:

I think you are wrong, Crossbows are now quite viable for long-distance sniping, finally a advantage over the Warbow archers that have the firerate and mobility, Though the Reload speed changes were a bit harsh.

Well my big prob whit it is that it shoots so fast that there is no arrow drop. You can have the shield on your back look into the air and you are covered there is no really bad thing about the xbow right now.

The reason why the Crossbows feel a whole lot different is because they fixed the FPS cap exploit with the arrow drops and made the arrow drops work as intended for every FPS caps/settings, so even if they did not apply any changes to the Projectile speed the crossbows would still feel different from the old one. (Just a theory regarding to that exploit that existed) Crossbows should keep their distance + Projectile speed, but the reload speed could potentionally get slower, then again Crossbows are again pretty weak, once you loose off your bolt, you are very vulnerable to every projectile weapons that can out-speed their reloading time.

• @wildwulfy:

@LuckeR:

@wildwulfy:

The reason why the Crossbows feel a whole lot different is because they fixed the FPS cap exploit with the arrow drops and made the arrow drops work as intended for every FPS caps/settings, so even if they did not apply any changes to the Projectile speed the crossbows would still feel different from the old one. (Just a theory regarding to that exploit that existed) Crossbows should keep their distance + Projectile speed, but the reload speed could potentionally get slower, then again Crossbows are again pretty weak, once you loose off your bolt, you are very vulnerable to every projectile weapons that can out-speed their reloading time.

1 thing i find anoying aswell is that if the choose to take more arrows they get 22 arrows. If the take the shield the have cover no matter what. the just turn around look into the air that their hole back is covered. And the only real disatavantage to the xbow are the lack of mobility

• Xbow is totaly fine. Maybe it needs like 0.5 to 1 sec longer reload but other than that I can finally say at times ‘’ Gosh, I wish I had a crossbow right now ‘’ :archb:

• @Aztecoatl:

Xbow is totaly fine. Maybe it needs like 0.5 to 1 sec longer reload but other than that I can finally say at times ‘’ Gosh, I wish I had a crossbow right now ‘’ :archb:

The thing is that the xbow don’t really have that big of a disatavantage. The lag a bit of mobility and thats it. The covers their whole back and if they look into the air you can get a shot on them. If they choose to take the extra arrows( heavy xbow) you will get 22 arrows. the speed and lack of drop on the bolt is just to much in my opinion. Right the the xbow are point and click weapons.

• @wildwulfy:

Bows has their moderate damage and mobility, high ammunition count which puts them in a very good position as a “Hybrid” Archer class, thus is the reason why I believe Bows has so far been the most prefered Archer weapon class.

I think you’re wrong… Bows are not a “hybrid” class… they are a ranged class and always have been… I think you like to bring Javelins to archer fights and archers to melee fights. It’s only Javelin’s that can be considered a hybrid class, considering that you need to be some-what close range to get the hit and have a shield to cover yourself from melee attacks.

• the heavy crossbow is a bit to fast, earlier I could see the arrow being shot and actually dodge below it, now it’s way to fast for that.

• I can’t even imagine how many players left this game (which is supposed to be a melee based game) over ranged weapons. And now they even buffed the heavy crossbow, which was way OP to begin with. And no Wolfy, it’s not a good thing it might be viable in scrims, because it’s ruining the game-experience for the average player, which there might be 10x as many of. That’s if they didn’t leave already.

• Nobody was playing xbow in competitive, that proves that xbow was clearly underrated before. And now, you LuckeR, poor archer, are whining cause it gets finaly better ?

I don’t know what´s wrong with you archers… :-/

• @savas:

@wildwulfy:

I think you’re wrong… Bows are not a “hybrid” class… they are a ranged class and always have been… I think you like to bring Javelins to archer fights and archers to melee fights. It’s only Javelin’s that can be considered a hybrid class, considering that you need to be some-what close range to get the hit and have a shield to cover yourself from melee attacks.

I’m pretty much correct as you can get it, Savas. when it comes to the factor that Bow is a very good hybrid between playing offensive or defensive on a teamobjective map due to the fact it has a moderate mobility, damage and ammunition, unlike other ranged weapon.
    Javelins in other hand can be very effective in offensive side of teamobjective because of the fact that it has a high mobility, high damage and overall decent melee ability…Not to mention its Anti-archer shield puts them in a good position alongside the attackers, I can’t imagine a Javelineer sitting back in spawn trying to snipe the enemy.

Whilst Crossbow can be serving the best on defending team, considering it has a slow mobility, slow reload, but a very high damage and projectile speed. Crossbows often need to sit back and reload, where they can be left vulnerable for other projectile weapons, and it will fall behind its team sometimes, so as for defending where it can STAY at its location, it serves it purpose the best.

I’m not saying that this is the ONLY way to play with these weapons, just sharing my experience of how effective I’ve been playing with these archer weapon setups for some sides on the teamobjective.

That’s what I meant about hybrid incase you didn’t know.

• @gregcau:

@LuckeR:

Shortbow

State Length

• Draw increased from 0.5 seconds to 0.9 seconds

###back when cooldown on shooting a bow was removed and the animations got reworked###

@11sam8ia:

Light Crossbow reload from 2.5 to 2

Shortbow Broadhead damage from 55 to 60
    Shortbow Bodkin damage from 55 to 62

Light crossbow damage = 98

which is 62 x 1.5 not “almost double”. Double damage only applies to headshots. Butthurt Warbow archer detected :D jk, but please keep your facts straight when ranting.

I see the xbow buffs exactly like Raegarth does. They were never used, probably for a reason, so let’s enjoy the buff for a month or two.

• It was a good thing that crossbows were rarely used competively, they are easy to use and impossible to defend against.

With such a high projectile speed the xbow user doesn’t have to lead the target, so the target’s ability to be evasive is insignificant. Instead of being a skill check between aim of user and evasiveness of target as it is with bows. Crossbows are simply as effective as the aim of the user, buffing their rate of fire and making the skill of the target even less significant was bad game for gameplay. Crossbows are even more of a noobtube than they were before.