Chivalry: ProMod announced!

• Information:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14902

Join the Steam group if you want to support us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivalrypromod

Quick reminder for the people who have missed it. If you have programming skills or map making skills feel free to contact bada for contribution!

• Competitive community isn’t big enough to divide itself from the pub commuity. Doing so just means a slow death for both scenes.

• TBS didnt always listen to the Balance council.

Best example for this is combo feint to parry change. Anyway no reason to derail this thread!

• Great! I’m excited by the idea that modders will /finally/ be able to fix + Balance the game

something TBS seems incapable of doing for one reason or another.

• @JCash:

Great! I’m excited by the idea that modders will /finally/ be able to fix + Balance the game

something TBS seems incapable of doing for one reason or another.

I hope so aswell! We have some seriously skilled programmers / modders working on the mod :P

• @MUSASHI:

Competitive community isn’t big enough to divide itself from the pub commuity. Doing so just means a slow death for both scenes.

I’m ok with them separating themselves. Sounds great, actually.

• lol chivalry should just have different versions like counterstrike did. Then players can just pick which one they like the most. People still play 1.6 and Source despite GO being out for some time. Seems like chiv will need different versions of their game lol

• @clayton-bigsby:

lol chivalry should just have different versions like counterstrike did. Then players can just pick which one they like the most. People still play 1.6 and Source despite GO being out for some time. Seems like chiv will need different versions of their game lol

The difference is that they are much more populated.

• @NoVaLombardia:

The difference is that they are much more populated.

@MUSASHI:

Competitive community isn’t big enough to divide itself from the pub commuity. Doing so just means a slow death for both scenes.

pWdd6_ZxX8c

• @MUSASHI:

+1

Especially in places like Australia, where there aren’t nearly the number of active players that the US has.

• Better then to just sit and watch this game die slowly. It will be more popular over time when even the pubbies realize that balance and combat is plain better on the mod then on the current live state of the game.

• @MUSASHI:

I would rather play a good game with 20 people than a shit game with 2000.

• @Pan:

@MUSASHI:

I would rather play a good game with 20 people than a shit game with 2000.

^

• "NO !!"

I should probably explain myself:

A ProMod is EXACTLY what I´ve been worrying about. Since when you ask?
    Since I´ve purchased Chivalry !
    Why?

Because I want to play Chivalry the way it is intended to be played, I do not care what changes the developers make as long as it is fun to play. I absolutely refuse (if for some reason I decide to play Chivalry on the competitive level) to play any other player-made Chivalry thing simply because they thought they knew better how the game should be.

This has already happened to me once with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. I loved that game and wanted to play competitively. So I started to watch the pro scene a bit. First it was fine and nice but then this so called ProMod showed up that the so called “top players” agreed on. And what was so bad about it that I later refused to even consider playing it? Oh, just removing some good core weapons, grenades, C4, perks, grenade launchers, basicly everything that game could offer at that point in time which made it stand out. The ProMod reduced that game to simply…shooting and hiding…oh and did I mention they made sniper rifles 70% deadly than they were in the original game??

I cannot describe what an arrogant move this “making of ProMod” is towards the developers.
    If you think the game could be made better for the competitive side why don´t you discuss it with the developers instead of creating a completely different Chivalry?

On the other side I do agree that there is a lack of support for competitive play in Chivalry. For god´s sake the game only has 5 TO maps!!
    Well, maybe the game is just not there yet, maybe, just maybe the TBS do not have the best means and the greatest developing skills in the world to satisfy everyone´s needs quickly!

I say we wait a bit, play the game and find out whether there will be a competitive support from TBS or not. Why bother making a different Chivalry that will only lead to a huuuge community split that this game will suffer from instead of being patient and empathetic?

In short this is what the idea of a ProMod means to me:

"TBS sucks, this is the way it should be.
    We know better because we are better at the game."

The last thing I want to mention that I fear (and now it´s a very real kind of fear) is looking for a vanilla Chivalry server in 2 - 3 years……Things like these are very common with the older games, it is practically impossible to find vanilla Call of Duty 1 or CoD 2 servers, most of them have at least one mode…

I hope someone understands this.

• lol

• @funthomass if you want the game to play the way it was intended, you can always play the original game without the mod. nobody forces you to.

• @funthomass:

snip

the only problem with your train of thought is… the promod that you fear happening to the game is in the form of CU1 patch 2… not the promod. The promod is probably going to be the game how it’s meant to be… and the actual game is going to be the promod you fear (the watered down hide and shoot verson).

• @CRUSHED:

@funthomass if you want the game to play the way it was intended, you can always play the original game without the mod. nobody forces you to.

I know but that´s not really the point.

The point is that:

1)You guys didn´t like a patch so you rush so quickly to make your own version of the game.

1. If I decide to start a clan and play competitively I will have no other option than to play that ProMod that I don´t even have to like. Do you know how limited I would feel?

• What do you mean no option? you can always play on the original one. However, its advised to play on the superior build.

• I’m going to make my own map too. It’s going to be a huge pool of lava… and i’m going to spawn everyone inside the lava. GOOD LUCK BITCHES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

seriously though, i’m gonna try out this promod whenever it surfaces if no other changes happen to the current build.