MAA vs MAA is stale.

• Discuss.

Most MAA vs MAA situations are pretty much a stalemate, more or less (assuming both of them have brains).

Zzzzz……

• Duels don’t matter.

• @MUSASHI:

Duels don’t matter.

Except for the part when a MAA tries to flank, and you happen to be a MAA that is making sure your front lines don’t get flanked.

• Of course duels matter, 1v1 matters.

At least half the fights in the FFA matches I play are small localized 1v1’s.

• normally it will just get so draggy…and then both’s stamina will just ran out…and get picked off by opposing teams’ vgs

• Here’s what I’m trying to get pushed. Comments?
    @BB:

This can be a really easy change if you let it be. It doesn’t have to be super complicated.

Whitewash all of the changes to pre-patch, increase back dodge so MAA can’t run back in after dodging while enemy is in recovery which is really the only thing that makes MAA truly hard to fight 1v1, revert side dodges to pre-patch so MAA can fight in a team, disable forward dodge for windup and release, and disable attack for beginning of forward dodge.

-Back dodge sprint forward is MAA’s most offensive attack 1v1, and for the most part uncounterable
    -Side dodges are needed if MAA is to be in any way effective in group fights. You think people will start strafe-dodging straight at you to attack? That’s fine if they do. It’s not easy and it’s really obvious if he’s going to try and attempt it.
    -Forward dodge attack is pretty darn cheap, some MAAs still use it for dodging purposes but I also wouldn’t be against removing it altogether. Live forward dodge is fine the way it is though.

• I agree BB, the dodge back/rush in is harder to counter then pre-patch feints imo. In fact, you had to pretty much use feints to keep your weapon just on the edge of release to catch the MAA as he rushed/dodged back in, eats up a lot of stamina.
    Now the MAA has .2s to get in and hit you. So a perfect back dodge rush in vs a perfect feint delayed weapon still allows .2s for the MAA to get the hit in, which is more than enough for excellent MAA players and can’t really be stopped. To vs MAA you have to go MAA.

• @BB:

Here’s what I’m trying to get pushed. Comments?
    @BB:

This can be a really easy change if you let it be. It doesn’t have to be super complicated.

Whitewash all of the changes to pre-patch, increase back dodge so MAA can’t run back in after dodging while enemy is in recovery which is really the only thing that makes MAA truly hard to fight 1v1, revert side dodges to pre-patch so MAA can fight in a team, disable forward dodge for windup and release, and disable attack for beginning of forward dodge.

-Back dodge sprint forward is MAA’s most offensive attack 1v1, and for the most part uncounterable
    -Side dodges are needed if MAA is to be in any way effective in group fights. You think people will start strafe-dodging straight at you to attack? That’s fine if they do. It’s not easy and it’s really obvious if he’s going to try and attempt it.
    -Forward dodge attack is pretty darn cheap, some MAAs still use it for dodging purposes but I also wouldn’t be against removing it altogether. Live forward dodge is fine the way it is though.

Like you said, to fix the main issue most people are complaining about maa…
    they just need to -
    increase the dodge cool down
    disbale attack before dodging.

they can just keep the rest of the maa aspect intact… right now maa cant really do much, especially with the stamina cost…

its not like i cant do anything at all now… just slightly harder for me to do my stuff.
    But most probaly you wont see newcomers/avg players using MAA anymore.

im a lvl 50 MAA btw…

• @Toll:

To vs MAA you have to go MAA.

Vans actually have it pretty good against MAAs at the moment. A couple of their longer weapons might need a bit of a knockback reduction like the Halberd stab.

@shinya.:

Like you said, to fix the main issue most people are complaining about maa…
    they just need to -
    increase the dodge cool down
    disbale attack before dodging.

Lol I didn’t say that. The exact opposite in fact. Disabling the dodge for attacking just makes it near impossible for the MAA to fight in groups. And increasing the dodge cooldown is by far the worst thing I have ever experienced.

• MaA vs. MaA has always been dumb. Simply due to the dodge mechanic.

• Increasing the cooldown will just automatically fix those dodging back + dodging forward atk mechanic?

guess thats the main issue people are complaining bout maa…

• oh BB , my mistake, didnt clearly saw what u written…
    “increase back dodge so MAA can’t run back in after dodging while enemy is in recovery which is really the only thing that makes MAA truly hard to fight 1v1”

could be possible as well,
    but to the other classes, this might seem like a buff instead?

• I think MAA vs MAA is fun.

• @shinya.:

It’s both really. It makes one of the MAA’s most powerful moves nearly impossible to use, while also increasing the effectiveness of his get-the-fuck-outta-here dodge.

• As it is now it’s already pretty good at getting them out of range. I can just about hit a backdodging MAA with my zwei if I am sprinting forward. If you increased its distance it could put it out of range of pretty much all weapons barring perhaps the spears. Is that a bad thing? Not really, especially if it meant they couldn’t sprint back in right away.

So I wouldn’t view it strictly as a buff, but more of a neutral change / compromise.

• @BB:

@shinya.:

It’s both really. It makes one of the MAA’s most powerful moves nearly impossible to use, while also increasing the effectiveness of his get-the-fuck-outta-here dodge.

gogo push for it BB !
    dont think it will go go through easily though…since it will make slightly maa harder to be killed again…they only want to feast on us now…

• Like a pack of hungry wolves.

• @dudeface:

So I wouldn’t view it strictly as a buff, but more of a neutral change / compromise.

BB do good? C:

• @BB:

@dudeface:

BB do good? C:

i dont quite understand why everyone seems to be against you so much.
    most of your post and reasonnig seems objective enough…maybe im a MAA myself…

• I always found this to be the case since release.

Same goes for MAA vs archer if the archer is good.