[MECH] Simplifying & Adapting to the New Patch

• Hey guys Yarnu The Dog here! I was very lucky, I think a rare few who really enjoyed the new patch because it brought me back to the days when Chiv was first released. Everyone was getting use to everything.

• Whoops double post, can a kind sire delete thou??

• in b4 drag nerf

Great video as always man. Curly sword is definitely a mans weapon!

• @HEXEN:

in b4 drag nerf

Great video as always man. Curly sword is definitely a mans weapon!

hehe yeah man, I’m not exactly sure If this drag was intended or not! I think often when you receive a drag on your end… It just does not look right. I’m not sure. I’ll be happy with whatever happens to it. It’s one of those little tricks you pull out, and feel so nice on the hand ;)

• Cut down those archers, for the first 1/3’rd of that clip it seems like you where up against nothing but archers ahaha.

This video certainly highlights the lolfactor of dragging stabs, it just looks plain silly, from both ends. A dragged horiz attack looks fine though.

• @Toll:

Cut down those archers, for the first 1/3’rd of that clip it seems like you where up against nothing but archers ahaha.

This video certainly highlights the lolfactor of dragging stabs, it just looks plain silly, from both ends. A dragged horiz attack looks fine though.

Yeah man, I can only imagine what its like being on the receiving end. My main concern is what does the animation look like. It feels super nice when you pull them off though.

• As it should, it is using practiced skill and knowledge of game mechanics to prevail over someone, no luck at all. In any game that sort of victory is the sweetest.

The animation and concept is silly though, how is a stab directed weapon really going to cut down an enemy by touch the side of the stab against their belly hehe. Super, super, super sharp weapons I guess, no momentum required :P

You can understand why they do it for gameplay reasons, however those extra slow weapons like the Ziew take it beyond the point it should be used. I thought they changed weapon release times to specifically reduce the extra-drag. Maybe they filled the wrong column in their spreedsheets and the Ziew got missed and instead the SoW copped the nerf :P

• That feint kick idea sounds good. Never ever seen someone do it. And I never feint at any other time.

The mouse dragging with a stab is kinda an exploit. And on the receiving side of things I like like it goes through you block.

And lol that 360.

I may become an admin on the games.on.net servers (didn’t even ask them they recommended me). So I can just kick anyone who abuses things, beats me too much complains and whoever a at the top of the scoreboard. ;)

• Adaption.

This is what this game is about.

Survival of the fittest.

• Feint to kicks are my most favorite thing ever. It makes SHIELD USERS angry about feints. Before the patch, I was working on a guide all about feinting shield users, because supposedly SHIELDS MAKE YOU IMMUNE TO FEINT. This video has re-inspired me.

• @lemonater47:

Adaption.

This is what this game is about.

Survival of the fittest.

Exactly. I believe if people keep at it they will eventually get the hang of it. Most importantly, if you build your confidence early on by doing basic/easy tactics and having the will to throw away redundant tactics from pre-patch.

You are creating the right mindset and method for really getting the most out of becoming better (adapting) faster.

• I thought the Zweihander was one of the weapons that had its release times reduced (because it is over .6) but apparently not :o Still .65

As a Zweihander player I approve of this.

• It’s so slow. -__-

• Thank you for the video. It is really well done and you seem to have a great perspective on this game. As a spear user I’ve always used tactics like flanking. I really liked what and especially how you asked the question “Why not flank?” Made me laugh heavily.

You’re an obviously skilled player and the gameplay you showcased in this video seemed just as fluid as videos I’ve seen before the patch hit where combo-feint to parry was used heavily. You were still able to combo, target switch effectively, and your footwork was exemplary. I can see where combo-ing will be used less often but i think it is still viable to use if you caught your opponent off guard through flanking or for target switching.

Again thanks for the video, I suppose I’ll stop stocking up on food storage because apparently the end of the world isn’t as nigh as I’ve been told.

• @dudeface:

It’s so slow. -__-

Literally, I mean sometimes during that video it was almost like he was using slow motion but I’m pretty sure that’s just the way the game plays now after this patch. :P

• This is why I walk into attacks while blocking.

• @DemonicChocobo:

Feint to kicks are my most favorite thing ever. It makes SHIELD USERS angry about feints. Before the patch, I was working on a guide all about feinting shield users, because supposedly SHIELDS MAKE YOU IMMUNE TO FEINT. This video has re-inspired me.

So good to hear my brother! I… sometimes feel dirty. I have contempt for feints, and I just feel like a big ol hypocrit for occasionally feinting shields. However… they’re bloody shields! Some excellent shieldies, there is no other way!

Except the good old, sneak up behind and overhead their head! :)

Glad you got something from the video man! cheers.

• Thou shalt not duplicate topics.

Choose either here or general.

• Zweihander seems to be one of the few weapons that’s playstyle is least affected by the patch in my opinion. The best way to use it before the patch seems to still apply.

I do love me some Zweihander, it would suck if drags on it got nerfed.

• great video OP and thank you for it. on the whole however it clearly demonstrates some of the silly mechanics of this game - there should be no drag slowing down attacks imo, its just…. wrong. looks wrong, feels wrong, and doubtless generates lots of QQ bec players think they parried but didnt. still, overall a good game, and for this genre there is no competition (that im aware of).