Kings need fire resistance.

• Since fire reliably burns the ground and if you walk on it you burn spamming fire pots at the king is a viable strategy.

After defending the kings or being either of them I’m only dying to fire. Or because I was burned down to no health.

So the king needs some fire resistance.

Fire is good at getting rid of all his defenders. As it stands it gets rid of the defenders and brings the kings health really low.

It only takes 1MAA and an ammo box. On citadel he just needs to respawn.

• Replace MAA firepot with this:

Problem solved.

• The king has 300 health instead of 100 and firepots ignore armour, so in a sense kings are already the only class with fire resistance.

@SlyGoat:

Firepot damage from 7 per second to 6 per second.

Means you need to be on fire for 50 seconds before you die, walking on fire only ignites you for 2 seconds, so dying by fire is pretty much the king’s fault

• @dudeface:

Replace MAA firepot with this:

Problem solved.

It pretty much already is that. In fact the visual impairment when you’re on fire is more annoying than the damage the firepot actually does.

• @Josh:

The king has 300 health instead of 100 and firepots ignore armour, so in a sense kings are already the only class with fire resistance.

@SlyGoat:

Firepot damage from 7 per second to 6 per second.

Means you need to be on fire for 50 seconds before you die, walking on fire only ignites you for 2 seconds, so dying by fire is pretty much the king’s fault

And that 50 seconds goes by pretty damn fast with repeated firepots and fire on the ground. That in combination with all the other bits of damage.

50 seconds is not a long time.

Also it stops your health regen and its really hard to miss with a firepot.

• @lemonater47:

And that 50 seconds goes by pretty damn fast with repeated firepots and fire on the ground. That in combination with all the other bits of damage.

50 seconds is not a long time.

Also it stops your health regen and its really hard to miss with a firepot.

It’s much easier to deal with firepots as an individual now than before the patch, them being hard to miss has gotten much more insignificant, it’s now 12 guaranteed damage instead of 35

Don’t walk on fire and your problems are solved

• I’ve tried this before, and I’ve found that it needs an entire team to firepot spam him to death, which is INCREDIBLY hard to pull off. If you’re a singular MAA camping the supply bin, you’re gonna be there a while.

• @Carolean:

I’ve tried this before, and I’ve found that it needs an entire team to firepot spam him to death, which is INCREDIBLY hard to pull off. If you’re a singular MAA camping the supply bin, you’re gonna be there a while.

I’m seeing this strategy being increasingly employed and don’t it will be too long before it’s a case of - Throne Room = time to go MAA. Hope I’m wrong.

• @Reginhard:

@Carolean:

I’ve tried this before, and I’ve found that it needs an entire team to firepot spam him to death, which is INCREDIBLY hard to pull off. If you’re a singular MAA camping the supply bin, you’re gonna be there a while.

I’m seeing this strategy being increasingly employed and don’t it will be too long before it’s a case of - Throne Room = time to go MAA. Hope I’m wrong.

smoke pots should be more effective in the king part, could keep the archers at bay… the smokepots actually seem pretty useful now… they make a nice thick cloud and last out there a lot longer. There are still times they don’t deploy correctly… but for the most part they are MUCH more effective now… and i think more should use them on the king part as archers really fuck you up while attacking the king.