Flinch applying after weapon swaps

• @SlyGoat:

Flinch not applying during weapon swap (will apply AFTER you swap weapons).

It should not apply after weapon swaps, at the very least if you want flinch applied after swapping, the flinch time should be decreased by the time you’ve spent swapping so far. So, start changing weapons, 0.5s later get hit, finish changing weapons, flinched for (normal flinch - 0.5)s afterwards.

In it’s current state you can charge attack someone while they change weapons, then they just get knocked back after the change is done and are defenceless, which looks stupid and ruins the fight for the defender.

• Swap weapons faster. This was being abused to land a free hit trade because of the lack of flinch.

The other option was having flinch apply during weapon switch, which would of course cancel your weapon switch so if you get caught with a ranged weapon out you’re a free kill :?

• @SlyGoat:

Swap weapons faster. This was being abused to land a free hit trade because of the lack of flinch.

The other option was having flinch apply during weapon switch, which would of course cancel your weapon switch so if you get caught with a ranged weapon out you’re a free kill :?

I would propose for flinch to apply during the weapon switch, but not cancel the switch, so that if I was switching to a shortsword and got hit while switching, I would be flinched on hit, but have the shortsword in hand.

• Agreed with the OP and poster above me.

June 22nd:

@Martin:

Why don’t you just make it so applying flinch actually works during weapon swap and fix the bug where it reverts you to the old weapon or doesn’t apply at all? If you switch to Shortsword for example, and you’re hit 0.1 seconds in the switch animation, it should keep you on the Shortsword, but just play the flinch animation instead (overriding like flinch does to windups). You could potentially find yourself in a 1.7 second flinch with the first 33% not being able to parry in because of this current method, and it sounds ugly if it ever was to happen to someone.