What the fuck did you do to Claymores and Spears?

• I made a thread about Claymore in the beta but it seems Devs didn’t listen. It’s still causing animation desyncs.
    Spears and forks also seem way too good at the moment.

• Claymore for me is clipping other players. Absolutely no hit detection.

• As a claymore user I feel way to powerful and feel sorry for those Poor MAAs

Spears? I don’t really notice anything different about them. The brandistock is better. I haven’t seen the numbers though.

• @lemonater47:

As a claymore user I feel way to powerful and feel sorry for those Poor MAAs

Spears? I don’t really notice anything different about them. The brandistock is better. I haven’t seen the numbers though.

I fought the Brandistock would be op now but it really isn’t. The brandistock is fine now and still not an easy weapon to play. Spear however… I think that weapon is really weird now.

• @afiNity:

@lemonater47:

As a claymore user I feel way to powerful and feel sorry for those Poor MAAs

I fought the Brandistock would be op now but it really isn’t. The brandistock is fine now and still not an easy weapon to play. Spear however… I think that weapon is really weird now.

I agree. Spear just feels…weird. Whilst Brandistock isn’t necessarilyy op ( I think it might be a tiny tiny bit), I do think it’s the better choice of the 3 for scrims. The fork whilst stupid fast still wont be any good for competitive play in my opinion because it still doesn’t have enough range or damage, although it’s close. But yeah, spear…just weird.

• Everyone playing claymore vg landing lighting speed desync attacks, oh yeah.

• Am I an idiot for thinking the spear was actually stronger pre-patch?

• @Pan:

Am I an idiot for thinking the spear was actually stronger pre-patch?

I can’t really tell what happened… But I played some duels against carlo and I didn’t even hit him once with that weapon. I think the spear is too fast now, while having not nearly enough damage to be useful. That weapon feels like a giant toothpick now.

• Brandistock swing, brandistock counter oh… I’m not sure what to say.

Claymore is just retarded.

Really great weapon balancing there.

• The patch practically made the brandistock .025 seconds slower than the spear on everything according to the patch notes. I’m confused about those changes, I thought they were trying to differentiate the weapons but they have very similar timings now except the brandistock hits harder.

• They’re tweaking numbers instead of giving weapons unique properties. What do you expect young one?

• The problem is not the brandi, the problem is the spear which is pretty much useless now.
    But ye, I wouldn’t mind having the brandistock slower overall…
    Tbh, the brandistock and the spear were actually fine pre-patch, but they are still far from being op.

• I have to say actually I have noticed I’ve been getting pissed of with spear users more since the patch. They seem quicker and they kill you even when they miss by a noticeable margin- although that’s probably to do with the collision bubble artificially extending weapon reach/width and that affects every weapon anyway.

• I was duelling a fork yesterday and it felt really weird. Maybe it was desynking or something but it just seemed to go straight through my shield a few times and was so fast…

• I don’t want to judge the balance too early, but personally I think the new Claymore speed is a bit ridiculous.

I was duelling today with MAA to assess the dodge nerfs. TBH I seemed to be holding my own, but I out of twenty or so players 13 were VGs, almost all with the Claymore.

Anyway, I go against this Claymore guy and he was actually faster than my Flanged Mace. At one point I performed a horizontal swing at the exact same moment he performed an overhead, and he killed me before I even had a chance to hit with my strike.

To me, if the “slow, high damage” overhead on a 2H weapon is faster than a one-handed weapon wielded by the lighter class, things need a good look.

(I’d say that the fact pretty much everyone is spamming the Claymore now is evidence it’s a bit dodgy too)

• The claymore speed is just ridiculous, It really needs to be patched back to the way it was.
    Also the fork is really irritating to fight now. I play as maa, and the fork’s reach makes dodging almost useless, and its with its super fast stabs it can get through my block.

• Who’s responsible for the claymore?

• @MUSASHI:

Who’s responsible for the claymore?

SlyGoat & Knil :P

• @Martin:

@MUSASHI:

Claymore changes were in a good direction though, maybe a bit too much, but that can be adjusted.
    Finally a difference between the three two-handed swords.

• @Martin:

@MUSASHI:

[image:2ojnkcsz]http://i.imgur.com/eazdVYi.png[/image:2ojnkcsz]
    GET YOUR PITCHFORKS!