Can someone explain how the game is slow and clunky now?

• I keep seeing posts about the game feeling slow and unresponsive and I’m not really noticing it and I feel left out.

I want to be BUTTMAD and HIGHLY DISGRUNTLED about this too. ;_;

Someone please help me?

• It doesnt feel like that to me, but then I wasnt a combo-feint-parry player before.

This is probably the reason. Before you could just permanently do stuff (comboing if needed feint into parry), now you sometimes actually have to wait and see what your opponent is doing…

I must say I like it except for the insane stam drain on shieldblocks.

• To me the game is MUCH FASTER now.

• Maybe it has to do with the chase-boost only activating when an enemy has their back turned to you?
    Not sure if that is how it works or if there really was a chase feature… never knew that before.

• No combo feints, no late feint into parry into counter (my saddest loss) and less stamina means more waiting around in between fights.

• This happens with every update. Check your FOV settings if you are experiencing this. It likely got reset with the update to 95.

• @Andrew:

This happens with every update. Check your FOV settings if you are experiencing this. It likely got reset with the update to 95.

When people say that the game feels slow and clunky post patch I believe it’s because of no more combo feints, no late feints to parry and waiting around for stamina regen. My FOV is the same as pre-patch (105) and for me the game feels slower for those reasons, not FOV.

• IIRC it takes longer to sprint after a parry or being parried.
    Also it feels like sprinting in general is slower when fighting because of the small collision bubble that stops you from sprinting passed or around enemies at close range.

Also stamina is much more vital so comboing or combo-feinting is costly and after performed usually it’s an end result of you backpedelling away waiting for stamina to recover.
    They should bring back the crouching stamina bonus. Only for idle crouching though, not while moving.

• I don’t feel like it’s slower but clunky is a good word. The release times for a lot of stuff making them not as draggable makes everything feel less fluid and smooth like I am moving in 90 degree turns only and combo feints and feint to parry leave me feeling like I have less control over my weapons.

The only thing I can think of making it feel slower is that maybe instead of me charging in and able to berserk everyone and still be able to defend is now that I am unable to defend as easily therefore needing to think before I combo. Comboing = defensless.

Not a huge fan of all the changes, but some were ok. I’d give the patch overall a 3/10 and that’s being generous. At least the game not being as fun gives me a chance to finish my builds on Minecraft.

• Want to combo-feint to parry? Don’t combo an attack; press parry instead of queueing up that second attack. Pretty easy to get used to.

Otherwise, combat really isn’t slower. The only thing that could possibly make combat slower is the chase mechanic change, and that only has to do with movement.

Movement definitely feels a lot slower, thanks to the chase mechanic change (which was probably needed), but my biggest gripe is the parry lockout when being blocked.

• I don’t think the combo-feint-parry is entirely the cause of the perceived clunkiness. I think it’s more to do with the weapon changes. It seems like I have less control of swings and more downtime/pauses between swings. Doesn’t seem to flow quite as fluidly as before.

• I noticed it too, seemed easier to parry. I pm’d BB and he suggested it was because there is no chase code when facing an enemy.

So the attacker is no longer accelerating at you.

If so that is a good thing.

• The three things that make it feel slower or clunky to me are:

1- Alt swing windup is slower on all weapons which makes some fast 1handed weapons feel particularly slow now. Windups increased on other weapons.

2- Vanguard knockback means people have to keep closing distance when fighting vans or fighting as vans.

3- Stamina drains mean people keep stopping mid fight.

• Seems about the same to me, maybe even faster since a lot of weapon speeds were altered. You still can combo-feint-parry but it’s just that you have to feint really early since the last 200ms is unfeintable, which sucks for fast weapons. However, the queued parry is AMAZING for shields because now I don’t have to try to guess when I am allowed to block after swinging into release.
    Also MAA moves so fast non sprint.

• I think the removal of the chase mechanic while an opponent is facing towards you is why most people are saying it feels slow.

• Good point, might be…

I actually love this change. Finally its a disadvantage to turn your back on an opponent.

• Because with the feint nerfs killing your opponent actually takes time and strategy. Pre-patch i’ve literally had 6 second duels.

• @AbyssusAther:

Because with the feint nerfs killing your opponent actually takes time and strategy. Pre-patch i’ve literally had 6 second duels.

If you thought pre-patch duels didn’t take strategy then you weren’t dueling the right people. Time just depends on your opponent’s skill.

• @bada:

@AbyssusAther:

Because with the feint nerfs killing your opponent actually takes time and strategy. Pre-patch i’ve literally had 6 second duels.

If you thought pre-patch duels didn’t take strategy then you weren’t dueling the right people. Time just depends on your opponent’s skill.

The late feint window could throw even the greatest player off balance; it didn’t require any skill to pull off. While I agree with you that it took strategy to beat your opponent, for me the pre-patch combat always felt a little bit “random”. For instance the late feint window didn’t give the player a chance to react, which was absurd; and the combo feint was ridiculous. I’d like you to answer me with the things you don’t like about the patch, because having seen one of your dueling videos (the one with moose) your playstyle shouldn’t have been affected, as now the patch rewards players who think and are patient.