Shadows? Was anything about this changed? (pictures inside)

• Hey guys I’m curious- were the shadows or any lighting effects changed for this patch?

I didn’t have any custom graphics stuff implemented when I played before, and nothing appears to be reset (other than my mouse sensitivity).

Just now I was playing in a TDM server and went up to two guys fighting. They seemed to both be in complete shadow and I decided not to attack either because I could tell who was who. One guy fell, and the victor attacked me and killed me… only when it happened it said that he was actually my teammate.

I asked him in the chat if it was the shadow that caused the TK and he said it was. Another guy chimed in he had been noticing this a lot since the patch. I decided to take some screen shots to show you what I mean:

This is more curiosity than anything- I really don’t mind. Argon’s wall in particular seems way moodier than it did before the patch and I’m wondering if it’s just me or not.

If you guys are seeing this please note you can easily tell friend from foe by putting your cursor over them. The name of the player will display in the same color as the team they’re on.

• I believe that was a noted bug on this map. It is not intentional. But pretty cool looking.

• @quigleyer:

If you guys are seeing this please note you can easily tell friend from foe by putting your cursor over them. The name of the player will display in the same color as the team they’re on.

That doesn’t work at range… specially if your an archer trying to figure out if their friend or foe :P

• Obviously a feature 8-)

(We’re working on it.)

• @XGCForsakend:

That doesn’t work at range… specially if your an archer trying to figure out if their friend or foe :P

Oh I don’t really think about these things… being a REAL man and all :).

• Noob Saibot runs this shit now.

• @quigleyer:

@XGCForsakend:

Oh I don’t really think about these things… being a REAL man and all :).

I shall remember this and make sure I do my hair and nails before we meet in the battlefield…oh and aim for your ‘Manhood’. :archb:

• aha that is where the ghost strikes are coming from !!!