Longsword and SoW changes

• @gregcau:

@Jstorm:

The LS and SOW are fine now. I’m certain that after about 2 weeks more no one will care anymore and will agree that they’re balanced, like how it was when they changed the halberd. I’m already seeing less and less and less discussion on this forum.

Jstorm stop it.

You can’t be a clannie and claim balance with this patch, it is a traitor to your tribe.

Lol, c’mon not one guy can be unbiased?

• @Jstorm:

its not normal. but nice to see.

• @Jstorm:

@gregcau:

@Jstorm:

The LS and SOW are fine now. I’m certain that after about 2 weeks more no one will care anymore and will agree that they’re balanced, like how it was when they changed the halberd. I’m already seeing less and less and less discussion on this forum.

Jstorm stop it.

You can’t be a clannie and claim balance with this patch, it is a traitor to your tribe.

I’m late to the party, but I’m a Knight / SOW user. After reading all 17 pages, I pretty much agree with everything you’ve said in this thread Jstorm.

For those who like to skip to the last page:
    SoW / LS are now balanced. If you can’t get a headshot in your three hits, then you deserve to need that 4th shot.

It’s great to see other weapons being a realistic viable option.

People have talked about other ways to nerf swords. You can’t nerf their speed, as swords are meant to fast. You can’t nerf their range as they are as long as they are…what’s left?

• @Nimmer:

I’m late to the party, but I’m a Knight / SOW user. After reading all 17 pages, I pretty much agree with everything you’ve said in this thread Jstorm.

For those who like to skip to the last page:
    SoW / LS are now balanced. If you can’t get a headshot in your three hits, then you deserve to need that 4th shot.

It’s great to see other weapons being a realistic viable option.

People have talked about other ways to nerf swords. You can’t nerf their speed, as swords are meant to fast. You can’t nerf their range as they are as long as they are…what’s left?

Finally, another guy with some sense in him other than Knil, greg, and NoVa.

• ;_;

• @BB:

;_;

Haha, oh yeah I forgot about you.

• @Jstorm:

@BB:

;_;

Haha, oh yeah I forgot about you.

Lol it’s fine, I try to stay out of balancing other classes.

• @Jstorm:

LS and SOW are balanced. Done.

Can you stop spamming the LS threads?

Also, even though you are a top competitive player, I have my doubts that the promod will keep TB’s current LS nerf in their mod of the game.

• @SSJ_EIGHTBALL:

@Jstorm:

LS and SOW are balanced. Done.

Can you stop spamming the LS threads?

Also, even though you are a top competitive player, I have my doubts that the promod will keep TB’s current LS nerf in their mod of the game.

I haven’t said anything in this thread in two days and I agree on your second paragraph but whatever.

• I have my doubts that the promod will keep TB’s current LS nerf in their mod of the game.

Keeping the current changes would be nonsensical; even if they did require nerfs (say for example SoW combo speed), what happened to them was totally the wrong direction.

• @Martin:

I have my doubts that the promod will keep TB’s current LS nerf in their mod of the game.

Keeping the current changes would be nonsensical; even if they did require nerfs (say for example SoW combo speed), what happened to them was totally the wrong direction.

What would be the right direction?

• Not sure if this has been discussed yet but I think the Sword of War got hurt by the patch a lot more than the Longsword:

SoW has now the same windup (0.6s) and release (0.4s) as the longsword, the only difference is that it has combo time of 0.675 and the longsword has 0.7 which is SUCH A TINY DIFFERENCE that it´s not worth playing the SoW anymore! It used to be the best stabbing weapon in the game and now it´s junk, longsword is far more superior.

I suggest keeping the 4 shots on torso but don´t nerf the SoW stab, please!

• When I wasn’t stomping things up with a quarterstaff I used a Knight with soW like I said I would.

I was wrong, the SoW is fine. It is very similar to the Longsword though. My play style is pretty much the same with Longsword or SoW, Longsword gets a little extra range, SoW a little extra speed. The HTK where about the same on average, I score a fair few headshots.

• The issue with the longsword and sword of war is how all of the changes together impact it.

Vanguards have become a much stronger class, I could go over specifically why this is the case but to summarize, the facehug changes, weapon buffs nearly across the board for primaries, the combofeint to parry changes, improved charged attack, and the combo flinch changes are all extremely favorable to vanguards.

Knights were given the ability to 1-shot knights (and all other classes) with the maul, as well as given a super improved bearded axe and flail.

The range and speed of the swords means nothing in a world where all the classes at a competitive level are more mobile than you and have more opportunities against you in a fight than ever before, so hitting the damage was perhaps the worst thing they could have done. It’s just not viable compared to other weapons now.

Nerfing them because they were used the most is ludicrous, in my opinion.

Finishing off targets is paramount, and it’s something the swords don’t do nearly as well anymore.

• Knights were given the ability to 1-shot knights (and all other classes) with the maul, as well as given a super improved bearded axe and flail.

This paragraph made me lol. The maul is still a bad weapon in comparison the the grand mace, the bearded axe is still an unfavorable weapon but its miniscule range and it being mot capable of drags, not to mention its slower than pre-patch, and the flails… really… they are still complete shit.

• @Jstorm:

Knights were given the ability to 1-shot knights (and all other classes) with the maul, as well as given a super improved bearded axe and flail.

This paragraph made me lol. The maul is still a bad weapon in comparison the the grand mace, the bearded axe is still an unfavorable weapon but its miniscule range and it being mot capable of drags, not to mention its slower than pre-patch, and the flails… really… they are still complete shit.

Is it just me or does it seem like you don´t play the game?

• w/e. Im still wrecking with the longsword in scrims. Yea, they’re worse, and I agree with padawan. However they’re still good weapons imo. ;)

• @funthomass:

@Jstorm:

Is it just me or does it seem like you don´t play the game?

The maul can only be used as a support weapon, I main maul competitively btw. The bearded axe is warp speed but the reach hurts more in team play than you think and on top of that if you encounter a MaA or vanguard with it that’s good it’s inevitavle death and, finally, the flails…

• popcorn

• Flails? lol they are still fails. Dem Bucklers…

The swords are fine, I carve up almost as much with them now as pre-patch. You need to hit their heads more…