New Patch ruining the game

• I have near 600 hours of game played time prior to this latest patch. Since the update, everything is clearly broken.

Aside from the obvious bugs, like MAA forward dodge sinking my character below floor level temporarily, the combat mechanics are so far removed from the way they once were that I am effectively a new player again.

This is not acceptable.

The game I paid for, I had enjoyed in the state it was originally in. The game I’m left with now is no longer one I would have paid for.

The game that I used to play involved a great deal of PLAYER SKILL. Idiot ignorant dumbshit fag players who want everything handed to them were opposed to a game involving skill. They opened their mouths as wide as they could and shouted unendingly that the mechanics needed “tweeking” or that certain weapons or classes were “OP”

Now all that you’re left with is a shitty LMB spam fest. And those with the top scores are vanguards and knights who never stop attacking.

The game used to have a real cadence and rhythm between staggers and parrys. Now it’s just a huge old shit fest of spam attacks.

I used to be able to 1vs5 as an MAA, now I’m lucky if I can kill an archer. If I switch to a knight with SOW and just spam attacks I rise to the top of the kill list. This is not enjoyable. This is a joke.

You took the best first person medieval combat system ever created, and turned it into some incredibly boring shit.

Congratulations on following in suit with every other shit game out there. Keep listening to carebears on the forums, keep destroying your game.

• I didn’t think people on the forums had actually asked for the vast majority of what’s changed. :?

• constructive post

• “I used to be able to 1vs5 as an MAA, now I’m lucky if I can kill an archer. If I switch to a knight with SOW and just spam attacks I rise to the top of the kill list. This is not enjoyable. This is a joke.”

Catched this stuff with my eyes. Didnt read any of the other stuff you wrote.

1v5 as MAA. So thats how it should be. The MAA class doing 1v5 easily. Seems like it was wrong to magically nerf that 1v5 ability.
    You must have improved yourself if you really just spam attack with sow and get to the top, as it actually got nerfed.

So you lost something but gained something. What did you like the most?

• I keep running into sub rank 20s who think the changes are awesome and amazing, and people over 40 who are downright pissed.

It would shock me to find out that new players bitching about being owned actually isn’t the reason for the “fixes”

Honestly, I’ve never been to these forums, except since the latest patch. Mostly to see other’s opinions. So I guess I am entirely out of the loop as far as feedback on these forums.

My point remains the same, though. The game involves a lot less creativity with combat tactics, and is just simply a bore to play.

I play maybe 3-5 hours a day, and the past 2 days have not been enjoyable. I used to have fun playing the game whether I was top dog or not. Now the game feels bland, slower, and more suited for attack spamming. And yes, when I go apeshit attack spam with a knight I get top of the list. And this is not fun. My point is, the game used to actually be enjoyable, enjoyable when I was getting my ass handed to me, and when I was winning. Now it’s plain Jane boring, when I’m winning, or losing.

I want to rollback my version and play on some custom server. Because with every update it gets further and further from the product that I purchased.

• @Uglyshit:

“I used to be able to 1vs5 as an MAA, now I’m lucky if I can kill an archer. If I switch to a knight with SOW and just spam attacks I rise to the top of the kill list. This is not enjoyable. This is a joke.”

Catched this stuff with my eyes. Didnt read any of the other stuff you wrote.

1v5 as MAA. So thats how it should be. The MAA class doing 1v5 easily. Seems like it was wrong to magically nerf that 1v5 ability.
    You must have improved yourself if you really just spam attack with sow and get to the top, as it actually got nerfed.

So you lost something but gained something. What did you like the most?

I never said it was easy. It took me about 400 hours of play before I could reliably fight more than 2 people at once.

It was something that I learned over many hours, and when confronted with someone of equal rank I always had a challenge ahead of me.

• I also have put hundreds of hours into this game, I am currently level 40. This patch is seriously making me consider quitting this game. I have played this game every day for months now. You put it perfectly that it just feels slow and bland now. Like a watered down version of itself from just last week. I enjoyed the game because of how much skill it took to do well. I spent a long time getting stomped to get to where I am now and it was apparently all for nothing because now I am no better than a level 10. They changed the entire game mechanics in one day, I would not have payed for this had I known where it was going. They listened to the masses and made the game so easy it is now not even worth playing. I have over 3000 matches in duel mode, 2500 of which I have won, but today I got beat by a level 17 who just spammed spear at me until I died. I have no idea what they were thinking with this patch except that they wanted this game to have more mass appeal so they shit on the veteran players who really are the only thing keeping this game going. I am simply not having fun with this game anymore so unless something changes I see myself moving to a different game.

Edit: I should add that to do I have gotten several other people to buy this game. I will no longer recommend this game to anyone unless something is fixed. Good luck with your sales when word of mouth is dead.

• ITT: Tryhards who are sad that all their dirty, filthy little exploits that let them behave inhuman in-game have been fixed properly.

lel

It also doesn’t matter of you feel like quitting after 600 hours. I haven’t even put 500 hours into skyrim, or Guild Wars 2. It’s silly that you want MMO longevity for a 20 dollar game. You burnt yourself out and that’s your own fault, that’s just the nature of overdoing anything; I’m sure I’d get sick of pizza after eating it every day.

As for me? I’ll probably continue to play it now that my friends who left chivalry because of clanfaggoty have now gotten a perk in interest again after this patch rooting out all that…. well… clanfaggotry.

• @2maidens1chalice:

ITT tryhards exploits lel skyrim guildwars 2 clanfaggotry

[image:uiaao032]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7812/jog.gif[/image:uiaao032]

• I agree, hit the 400 hr milestone earlier this week(before patch) and now I honestly don’t have much fun. I’m rank 42 and I main the MAA with 300 hrs alone. I agree the MAA needed the dodge nerf(thank goodness, MAA vs MAA was horrid prepatch) I agree the dodge needed a slowdown to keep from “teleporting”. However, EVERYTHING seems slower…and before people start flooding this thread about how “EVERYTHING WAS SPED UP, HOW IS IT SLOWER?!” don’t ask me, because I couldn’t tell you, I feel the game revolves around 1v1 combat you get stomped no matter what if you try to 1v2… I would really appreciate a rush of the SDK to live so that we can enjoy a true “CLASSIC” gameplay server, this is an absolute mess right now.

I’ve posted several times in the past about Chivalry being my favorite game. Since I purchased this game in December, this is the ONLY GAME I HAVE PLAYED! Now I get on, play for at most an hour and I do something else. Please do not ruin your game devs, do something about this. When your rank 20, 15 hour individuals spend as much time in this masterpiece(prepatch) as I or the others who have posted in this thread , they’ll come to realize what all the fuss was about with ‘that patch back in June’.

If anyone important(mod, dev…etc.) reads any of this stuff, listen to us. DO NOT KILL YOUR GREAT GAME!

• It is almost impossible to win a 2v1 cleanly now unless both opponents are highly incompetent. Comboing for any period of time is basically a death sentence. I’m seeing way more reliance on hit trades and simple range, not to mention I’m out of stamina by the time I’ve killed one person.