MAA Aproved MAA Changes With New Poll

• Goal: Nerf MAA in 1v1 combat, Buff MAA in group combat

-Revert all MAA changes to pre-patch.

-Increase backward dodge enough that enemies have time to combo the Maul before the MAA can run back into range and hit them.

-Disable Dodge Forward during windup or release, disable attack for first half of Forward Dodge.

-.3 Dodge cooldown.

-Dodge disabled for parry, and re-enabled during parry recovery.

Notes:
    -Back dodge sprint forward is MAA’s most offensive attack 1v1, and for the most part uncounterable
    -Side dodges are needed if MAA is to be in any way effective in group fights. You think people will start strafe-dodging straight at you to attack? That’s fine if they do. It’s not easy and it’s really obvious if he’s going to try and attempt it.
    -Forward dodge attack is pretty darn cheap, some MAAs still use it for dodging purposes but I also wouldn’t be against removing it altogether. Live forward dodge is fine the way it is though.
    -Parry changes are not the cause of MAA dominating 1v1, it is all the movement buffs and chase mechanic fix.
    -What we have now in Live is a nearly unfeintable MAA due to the dodge change concerning parries. Feint an MAA and they are perfectly capable of dodging away from your attack after they start their parry. Pre-patch was perfectly fine and there really wasn’t any reason for this feint resistance buff.

*Post from Council sub-forum. Does anyone have any complaints or concerns with this?

New poll because apparently there isn’t enough support for this and TB thinks the current MAA is fine.

Why Current MAA is Terrible And Needs This Change:

-MAA is too good in 1v1 combat at the moment.
    *It’s not fun killing enemies 1v1 as MAA
    *It’s not fun being killed 1v1 by MAA

-MAA’s group combat which was already lacking pre-patch was nerfed in the patch.

• Or simply give back combo feint parry to knights and vanguards.

• Or simply replace all classes with archers.

• Na, I dont want a 5 foot backwards teleport.

• Increase backwards dodge wtf, what’s the prob with the actual backward dodge, you never take the hit if you time it well, you can always be out of reach with proper footwork and proper timed dodge, seriously stop.

• @Sirbarthelemy:

Increase backwards dodge wtf, what’s the prob with the actual backward dodge, you never take the hit if you time it well, you can always be out of reach with proper footwork and proper timed dodge, seriously stop.

@BB:

-Increase backward dodge enough that enemies have time to combo the Maul before the MAA can run back into range and hit them.

-Back dodge sprint forward is MAA’s most offensive attack 1v1, and for the most part uncounterable

The change is there to nerf MAA’s most offensive 1v1 attack, while also buffing his ability to escape.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Or simply give back combo feint parry to knights and vanguards.

It’s called press Parry instead of Attack when you’re comboing. Not that hard to get used to.

• The change is there to nerf MAA’s most offensive 1v1 attack, while also buffing his ability to escape

Simply terrible, let’s nerf footwork/timing and let’s buff the “i just press a button”, genius idea yh.

• @Sirbarthelemy:

The change is there to nerf MAA’s most offensive 1v1 attack, while also buffing his ability to escape

Simply terrible, let’s nerf footwork/timing and let’s buff the “i just press a button”, genius idea yh.

Your logic is contradictory. The back dodge enables you to evade an attack and sprint forward for a either a hit or a parry that the enemy can’t riposte on.

It removes the offensive capabilities of the back dodge while buffing it’s evasive ability.

• @Sirbarthelemy:

The change is there to nerf MAA’s most offensive 1v1 attack, while also buffing his ability to escape

Sprint lockout wipes out footwork; less options available wipes out various timings you can use for a specific situation.

How have you not noticed this yet?

These proposed changes make sense. Though the backward dodge thing… I get it, but it might not go over too well.

• /Agree.

Good suggestions.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@rumpelstiltskin:

It’s called press Parry instead of Attack when you’re comboing. Not that hard to get used to.

Lol. Because your need to defend always lines up perfectly with that timing.

• @BB:

If your intention with this change is to prevent this:

@BB:

Then MaA will either simply turn slightly and side dodge to produce the same effect (as side dodge will be as good as it was pre-patch) or just turn loads while back dodging, to lessen the displacement from their target

Also isn’t that ridiculously far?

• @Daiyuki:

@NoVaLombardia:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Lol. Because your need to defend always lines up perfectly with that timing.

You don’t need to combo-parry. Parry in release also works.

@NoVaLombardia:

These proposed changes make sense. Though the backward dodge thing… I get it, but it might not go over too well.

Do you think MAA’s will be too attached to the maneuver or will people hate how much easier MAA will be able to evade damage?

@Josh:

Then MaA will either simply turn slightly and side dodge to produce the same effect (as side dodge will be as good as it was pre-patch) or just turn loads while back dodging, to lessen the displacement from their target

I’m fine with both of that happening. Have you ever tried doing that? It ain’t easy.

@Josh:

Probably not. Without the chase mechanic it’s already difficult to pull this maneuver off. I don’t think it’d take much more.

• Your logic is contradictory. The back dodge enables you to evade an attack and sprint forward for a either a hit or a parry that the enemy can’t riposte on.

It removes the offensive capabilities of the back dodge while buffing it’s evasive ability.

Evade then sprint and time well your attack is not that simple as just spam the backward button, it’s not for nothing if most of the maa, used the forward dodge all this time before the patch come out, you can sprint froward, you can feint, you can kick, you can angle shot, you can do a lot of thing, remove all this just for being out of reach, bad decision, the dodge backward is good as it is now.

Then MaA will either simply turn slightly and side dodge to produce the same effect

Exactly, and this gonna be even harder to block since you have to turn for block.

Also for the new sprint lockout this should’nt even be there, since dancing vanguard was never OP.
    +as rumpel said, just go back with the fast parry, now you try to compense something because fast parry isn’t there, and you just going deeper and deeper in ridiculous change.

• @BB:

@Josh:

I’m fine with both of that happening. Have you ever tried doing that? It ain’t easy.

So this change will solve nothing in 1v1?

@BB:

@Josh:

Probably not. Without the chase mechanic it’s already difficult to pull this maneuver off. I don’t think it’d take much more.

If you’re talking about dodging back -> attacking, then no it isn’t difficult to do

• @Sirbarthelemy:

Your logic is contradictory. The back dodge enables you to evade an attack and sprint forward for a either a hit or a parry that the enemy can’t riposte on.

Evade then sprint and time well your attack is not that simple as just spam the backward button

I wasn’t suggesting to remove it because it’s simple. I’m suggesting to remove it because it makes the MAA too powerful in 1v1.

Also it is very simple, but that’s beside the point.

@Josh:

It will.

@Josh:

If you’re talking about dodging back -> attacking, then no it isn’t difficult to do

More difficult than pre-patch where the MAA’s end point for his dodge could be much further and make use of the sprint mechanic to get back into range.

• @BB:

@Josh:

It will.

If it doesn’t prevent dodge back -> attacking then MaA will always win

• @Josh:

@BB:

@Josh:

It will.

If it doesn’t prevent dodge back -> attacking then MaA will always win

You show me an MAA that can coordinate the dodges well enough that what you suggested will be repeatable for them then they deserve to win 1v1. Simple as that.

• @BB:

You show me an MAA that can coordinate the dodges well enough that what you suggested will be repeatable for them then they deserve to win 1v1. Simple as that.

Turning before a side dodge is easy. Turning while dodging is used when useful by any good MaA, also not a difficult maneuver to learn. Being able to do that does not mean you should win every 1v1.