MAA

• My thoughts of the patch.

The Knight and Vanguard are great.

The Archer, i like the bow speed. Don’t think the daggers reach should have been buffed just the short swords and club.

The Man at Arms, i feel is lacking. Archers shouldn’t be a struggle in close combat for a Maa. Perhaps a hp buff? Less shield stamina dmg for more shield bash attacks? more dmg? maybe a unique stamina feature for Maa, like a 3-5 second buff when crouched where you dont receive stamina dmg when you block with a shield? Better shield radius? or maybe another nonsprint speed buff. I dont know but ive been playing Maa alot lately and noticed its ALOT harder to get kills, to even put some damage in. Ive even noticed people going AFTER Maa like they’re pre-patch archers(easy kills). people look at archers now and think, " ah damnit…ehh fuck that shit, lets kill that maa. "

• I don’t think MAA needs a buff.

noticed its ALOT harder to get kills, to even put some damage in

Most top players I see are MAAs which were almost not defeatable in 1 vs 1. This class has a high skill ceiling, just keep practising.

• Interesting, for me most good players are knight (tak a look at tournaments winners which class they play there is no MAA winner in the whole history.)
    I dont see good players playing MAA, ba! after the patch there is no MAA at the servers at all:) 80% of the most dedicated MAA after the patch plays other classes - including me. Knight is a powerful weapon, i’m now always on the top of the list with knight (i have couple hours with knight and around 800h with MAA) it was way harder with MAA before the patch now its impossible :) Have fun playing MAA for me and a lot of others MAA is dead - by the changes in the class and by the buffs in other classes (claymore, archer speed and dammage). MAA was in need of buffs not nerfs… people crying on the MAA because they get hit by them often but they don’t compute that MAA have to hit them 3-6 times while only 1-2 hits is taking him down - so there should be 3 on 1 hits exchange for the MAA to be balanced but every on looking at 1 on 1 hit exchange and now we have a useless class with 0-3% coverage over the servers.

• true, since patch there is mostly crossbow, knights and vg…maa feels weak since flinch isn’t working anymore, well not as good as before so lots of simultaneous hits…

• @Mgqc:

true, since patch there is mostly crossbow, knights and vg…maa feels weak since flinch isn’t working anymore, well not as good as before so lots of simultaneous hits…

I think the problem is that the two handed weapons with increased speed make it almost impossible to actually land a hit to flinch someone. So you just get more crappy hit-trading, which is obviously fatal to the MAA.

• @NUCLEAR
    You’re right, since the last update I barely see a good MAA at the top of the list, too. I might be influenced too much by some invincible MAAs in past.

@NUCLEAR:

MAA have to hit them 3-6 times while only 1-2 hits is taking him down

With the right weapon and a bit of luck the MAA can kill a knight with 3 and a vanguard with 2 hits. And for avoiding being hit the MAA still can dodge out which other classes can’t.

• @Ravengrim:

With the right weapon and a bit of luck the MAA can kill a knight with 3 and a vanguard with 2 hits. And for avoiding being hit the MAA still can dodge out which other classes can’t.

Maa can actually 2 hit kill a knight with the flanged mace now :P
    I think maa is fine as it is right now, it is harder to learn than other classes but it has a high skill ceiling like the other guy said.

• @wyrda78:

@Ravengrim:

I think maa is fine as it is right now, it is harder to learn than other classes but it has a high skill ceiling like the other guy said.

MAA against knights are really good with blunt weapons. Just gotta hit him in the head once. With either an LMB or overhead.

• its not really the 1v1 aspect that I’m saying hes weak in. hes weak in group situations. since he can get killed with 1-3 hits he cant really do much, unlike the archer, he delivers massive amounts of damage in his range. The knight and vanguard being the heavy hitters and tanks. but the MAA really to me anyway is decent in the 1v1 aspect but doesn’t play a major role like the other classes do in TO,CTF,LTS,etc. The only way that i can play MAA effectively is if i carefully plant 1-2 hit combos in the players openings but i have to be careful not to sprint,block,dodge,miss hit too much because ill be out of stamina very quickly. Usually in that long process my kill ends up being stolen or i get team killed by hulking vanguards or knights. Eventually Maa ends up being a slow, tedious, and eventually frustrating class to play, When the other classes bring instant and lasting satisfaction while playing in teams. All the classes should bring something unique to the battlefield that can ultimately affect it and i feel that the MAA doesn’t “bring it”.

• @wyrda78:

So the weapon values in this list aren’t up to date yet? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ami8d_HZmYHsdDRzc1Byb3ItVWNXSFR1SURHN29TZnc#gid=77

EDIT: I did find the current data list already :)
    I’m surprised that so many one-handed weapons can kill a knight with two hits now…

• @Ravengrim:

I’m surprised that so many one-handed weapons can kill a knight with two hits now…

… 2?

Flanged and Warhammer.

• You’re right. I misread something in the spreadsheet.

But still this warhammer does a lot of damage and is also super fast. I remember when I killed four people with two blows xD

• @Ravengrim:

You’re right. I misread something in the spreadsheet.

But still this warhammer does a lot of damage and is also super fast. I remember when I killed four people with two blows xD

Warhammer strong.

• I may be stubborn but I decided that no matter what I will play MAA.

It is broken beyond recognition, that I can tell you. You still can play it and get some kills but it’s insanely hard now to stay alive in group fights.

All those changes to dodge, stamina drains, weapon balances and archer buffs, created a lot more deadly environment to be in. A lot of weapons one hit MaA or bring it down to almost 0hp. You can’t rely on dodge…it’s better to forget about it as misdirected or used too often will bring your stamina down…and then 2sec coup-d-grace status…

It’s like walking through the mine field. You can do only one mistake, or not even that. What is even worse, is that in most cases you have no indication of doing a mistake. You just get hit or killed in an instant and have to figure out what went wrong

It is a lot easier now to get hit by unpredicted hit trade (can’t flinch most of the guys).(just need to stay away and attack if 100% sure)
    A lot of 2h weapons (pole arms, claymore, even great sword) are illogically fast. (Just have to learn which are deadly fast)
    Archers can one shot you almost everywhere. And when you do get to them, prepare for unblock able stab spam. (Just have to use shield for a little bit more protection)
    Vans with pole arms are a pain to get to in the first place. Then try and get lucky to avoid fast kick+stab. (No clue what to learn here)
    Due to bubble change flyby swings are not hitting 75% of the time(just have to learn not to do them anymore).
    Would be better of with a knight with a shield.

All in all, playing MaA is an unfair challenge now.
    In addition it is infuriating, when you dance like a faggot around each and every enemy slowly cutting them to death, to hear on TS as your clan mate (which normally played MaA) now laughs while running around as a knight spamming overheads and topping scoreboards.

It’s just…mehhh.

It is not normal, it is not fair and it is not balanced at all if there is a class that need ton of skill to get a kill and in the same time can be killed with no skill at all in one or two shots.

You can clearly see it with servers without MaAs or just one stubborn guy like me.
    You can see it’s wrong when dedicated MaA players change classes.

On top of that the most often heard sound in the game now is panting of low stamina guys everywhere.

RIP Chiv.
    Hopefully ProMod will cater to my needs. :(

• @Ciastooh:

In addition it is infuriating, when you dance like a faggot around each and every enemy slowly cutting them to death, to hear on TS as your clan mate (which normally played MaA) now laughs while running around as a knight spamming overheads and topping scoreboards.

Its ME!:) It is really great ciastooh U should try it :D Leave this MAA it is unplayable, u see my scores with Knight :) Never played it, just unblocked the weapons :) 800h with MAA and wasnt even half that good as with the knight - it is so powerfull i have my primary weapons from MAA as a secondary in knight :) it is as fast as it was in MAA so there is no diference in attack speed and i can still spam everyone if i like :) And there is powerfull big aresenal of weapons just like a bonus :) So u have the same like in MAA but with second stronger weapon and a LOT OF ARMOUR! Man… how many hits u can take with that knight :) after playing only MAA it is shock to me :) I was dead after every single hit, can’t dodge away the line of attack of bigger weapons now, it is hard to block attacks with 1h small weapon so if u get hit u die. With Knight ?:) Come on :) 1St. all the time! :D Just charge in and attack one faint and the enemy is gone :D He is still alive ? Then second hit or fast switch to secondary weapon to one fast hit kill (u have many tries on that as the armour provides:)) - I have no skill with knight just learning but it is at lease 10 times easier to get frags in 1 on 1 and in groups that i will not cry after the MAA (even though it is my prefered style of gameplay and a i love it really) but if game creators think that it is OP then i will play some not OP class like knight :) and wreak havoc easily :) And have the most fun when some guy like Ciastooh jumps around like a fagot :D trying like hell hitted me 4 times and i’m already dead… ups… my weapon is big and he is dead :) but it was nice fun - some loughting after it would be appropriate :) Ciastooh leave MAA play Knight or vanguard! MAA Primary is secondary in other classes! So U have the same weapons skills + you can have powerful fast claymore, or extra devastating 1 hit killing everyone maul! Dude! LEAVE THE MAA! We will be back playing our lovely class if it will at least returned to the previous state… but even then with all the changes i think it needs a lot of buuf to survive in grupe fights.

Yesterday i tried 10 lives with MAA, with KD radio 3.9 as a knights have taken MAA with sprinkler - sprinkler is better know and i played it even before (i like the weapon and class) and i died 10 times and didn’t get a single frag… that was sad :) Back to knight and 3 frags in first row of enemies :)

Fuck MAA as Torn Banner fucks them! RAPE THEM! :) They like paesant from stonehill USELLES:) KILL THEM AND RAPE THEM!!!:)

• @NUCLEAR:

KILL THEM AND RAPE THEM!!!:)

In that order? ;)

• The cooldown between sprinting and doing a dash is way too much now.

Most of the time you cant move out of danger, which as manateewarrior was saying, in a group fight, makes MAA as vunerable as an archer. If you were high skill MAA post-patch then you’ll find that MAA is now really dull to play as.

• I agree. I played hundreds of hours as MAA in TO. In the old times, you could dodge attack through a group of enemies and do some meaningful damages (and escape with skill). Now you cant do much that helps your team.
    Sure you can try to lure a knight into a dark corner of the map and take him out piece by piece - but TO is dominated by Archers & Knights and if one of his friends shows up you are screwed.

Yes you can wait for your friends to come, but MAA is the last class you want to play in a group fight. You either get hit by enemy or team sideswings - if you get not killed by a moscito before because an arrow from somewhere got into your back and drained 99% of your health.
    The only viable tactic right now is to try to flank the map and attack some unsupecting noob archer from behind. However if he is not a noob and/or other archers lurk around you are screwed of your single kill too.

So i think MAA is the least effective class on TO now, it can neither do much for the objective nor get kills like the other classes.

• You may say that the new role of MAA is as archer hunter/killer. However i have to object that we do not have the tools necessary to do so.
    We do well against VG/Knight because we can evade swings and step in to deliver a superior infight.
    But this does not work against archers, because their weapons are faster then ours. Of course we can use our secondary. But should this be the point of the MAA -
    to run around the battlefield and be lucky to get a butterknife fight against a single archer with full health?

• @Ciastooh:

I may be stubborn but I decided that no matter what I will play MAA.

It is broken beyond recognition, that I can tell you. You still can play it and get some kills but it’s insanely hard now to stay alive in group fights.

All those changes to dodge, stamina drains, weapon balances and archer buffs, created a lot more deadly environment to be in. A lot of weapons one hit MaA or bring it down to almost 0hp. You can’t rely on dodge…it’s better to forget about it as misdirected or used too often will bring your stamina down…and then 2sec coup-d-grace status…

It’s like walking through the mine field. You can do only one mistake, or not even that. What is even worse, is that in most cases you have no indication of doing a mistake. You just get hit or killed in an instant and have to figure out what went wrong

It is a lot easier now to get hit by unpredicted hit trade (can’t flinch most of the guys).(just need to stay away and attack if 100% sure)
    A lot of 2h weapons (pole arms, claymore, even great sword) are illogically fast. (Just have to learn which are deadly fast)
    Archers can one shot you almost everywhere. And when you do get to them, prepare for unblock able stab spam. (Just have to use shield for a little bit more protection)
    Vans with pole arms are a pain to get to in the first place. Then try and get lucky to avoid fast kick+stab. (No clue what to learn here)
    Due to bubble change flyby swings are not hitting 75% of the time(just have to learn not to do them anymore).
    Would be better of with a knight with a shield.

All in all, playing MaA is an unfair challenge now.

It’s just…mehhh.

It is not normal, it is not fair and it is not balanced at all if there is a class that need ton of skill to get a kill and in the same time can be killed with no skill at all in one or two shots.

You can clearly see it with servers without MaAs or just one stubborn guy like me.
    You can see it’s wrong when dedicated MaA players change classes.

On top of that the most often heard sound in the game now is panting of low stamina guys everywhere.

RIP Chiv.
    Hopefully ProMod will cater to my needs. :(

This states it perfectly. I’ve got over 400 hours into this game, mostly as MAA and I can’t tell you how frustrating this patch is. My biggest issue is how worthless dodge is. Hits put you into a stun now which leaves dodge unavailable. You’re stuck there having to play the parry game with knights and vanguards. Why even have the dodge ability or the MAA class at all anymore?