No more balance changes or listening to clannies

• What amuses me is that all the clannies call for balance, balance, balance.

A clanny balance council is created.

TBS spends months Beta after Beta after Beta “balancing” per the clannie feedback.

Final Beta comes out.

Clannies don’t like it, they want to make their own mod.

What a waste of time…

Evident TBS should never listen to clannies or strive for balance ever again.

TBS should just focus on appeasing the other 98% of players, fix the remaining usability issues and add content. Then move on to another game.

• Sounds like you’re upset. Are you getting drunk and laid again? ;)

• How can you be upset when you’re doing both?

Unless he years for true love, but cannot find it anymore.

Oh dear… what have i DONE?!

• Were those changes actually what the clannie Jedi balance council were asking for then?

• Most of the changes that were not liked were not suggested by the council, and others that were suggested have been ignored.

The Balance Council does not decide what happens. We only give advise, and TB decides. It has happened pretty often already that they didn’t listen to us.

For example we really wanted them to keep combo feint parry in. Or we suggested independent damage types so balancing would be easier. Or we suggested the no feint window to be eeffected by the windup speed of a weapon.

And for example I have no clue where the Crossbow projectile speed buff came from. (Maybe I just missed a meeting^^?)

• @Tower:

Sounds like you’re upset. Are you getting drunk and laid again? ;)

• @Tower:

Well the latter would be nice but she has exams.

No, not upset at all, I was happy with the game before the patch, happy with it after the patch. I play casually for fun.

I just thought it was an interesting point.

• @gregcau:

@Tower:

Well the latter would be nice but she has exams.

No, not upset at all, I was happy with the game before the patch, happy with it after the patch. I play casually for fun.

I just thought it was an interesting point.

Why do you keep making same threads then :P

• Torn Banner, there’s no easy way to say this, but we want…

A sequel.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Why do you keep making same threads then :P

I don’t remember the other threads I made when I was drunk. I thought it was a spoilt brat thread.

I posted this on the pro mod, then I deleted because I thought - oh this is such an interesting thought - I should make my own thread.

• @Carolean:

Torn Banner, there’s no easy way to say this, but we want…

A sequel.

CMW is not even a 1 year old :?

@gregcau:

I don’t remember the other threads I made when I was drunk. I thought it was a spoilt brat thread.

I posted this on the pro mod, then I deleted because I thought - oh this is such an interesting thought - I should make my own thread.

Well you do seem kinda upset. What’s wrong with competitive guys trying to make a mod for themselves? That way Torn Banner can make their game easier (which would result in better sales) and clannies can play with their mod, everyone is happy ;)

• I am the Senate Balance Council!

Not… Yet!

Power Balance! Unlimited… Power Balance!

• @Carolean:

I am the Senate Balance Council!

Not… Yet!

Power Balance! Unlimited… Power Balance!

If only…

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Well you do seem kinda upset.

Honestly I am not upset at all. Last night I thought it was disingenuous of all the clannies to say all the balance work was for nothing and fuck TBS. Today, not upset at all, I am just saying that TBS made a dubious priority decision. I would not have forseen it, hindsight is 20/20.
    @rumpelstiltskin:

What’s wrong with competitive guys trying to make a mod for themselves?

Absolutely nothing, all the power to them. But they will find it is way harder than they think.

But they may achieve it - if they are way smart and dedicate enough time.

• I think what gregs trying to say is that all the clannies are damn hypocrites.

Too much change all in one go really. So much has changed in the game.

And I find that the MAA has been over nerfed. I don’t even play MAA.

• @lemonater47:

And I find that the MAA has been over nerfed. I don’t even play MAA.

That’s why I find your feedback irrelevant, MAA is now stronger than ever.

• Stop making threads, everything you’ve been saying in the past week has been the result of excessive alcohol consumption.

• @Falc:

For example we really wanted them to keep combo feint parry in. Or we suggested independent damage types so balancing would be easier. Or we suggested the no feint window to be eeffected by the windup speed of a weapon.

I’m not surprised that TB didn’t listen. Those are pretty bad suggestions.

• @Falc:

Most of the changes that were not liked were not suggested by the council, and others that were suggested have been ignored.

Good.

The balance council should be dissolved and the members should have the same feedback weight as every other player. The fact that someone thought it was a good idea to put a bunch of elitist high-ranking clannies on a pedestal is pathetic. They represent nobody but themselves and share interests with nobody but their small niche group.

• @Del:

Stop making threads, everything you’ve been saying in the past week has been the result of excessive alcohol consumption.

Del how could you, I am very sensitive you know.