Feint to parry return

• With the latest patch a .2 no feint lockout window at the end of every windup was introduced. While this nerfed the offensive abilities of feints(as intended), it also nerfed the defensive abilities of feints. Due to the high release times in this game this means more hittrades. More hittrades are bad for gameplay.

Suggestion:
    -allow a parry to be performed in the feint lockout window, this parry costs as much as a feint on top of the normal parry cost. So feint to parry would be (almost) the same as before the patch. Maybe also allow this kind of parry in normal windup, so the game is more consistent.

• Wouldn’t the attack cooldown in the .2 window be an easier way to implement this? It would allow you to either cancel or feint to parry.

• @BB:

Wouldn’t the attack cooldown in the .2 window be an easier way to implement this? It would allow you to either cancel or feint to parry.

Would cause problems with grunt, and annoying “too late feints” that screw you up. There is a reason why it was already tested and discarded ;)

• In the keybindings menu we have “Feint (Melee only)” and “Cancel attack(Feint)” as 2 separate commands. Couldn’t we have 2 versions of feint to go with that?

For example: Keep the “Feint (Melee only)” version as it currently is with the .2 lockout window.
    Give the “Cancel attack(Feint)” version a larger lockout window, but don’t allow follow-up attacks for a short period to offset this (or people will obviously use it as a normal feint).

• @Falc:

and annoying “too late feints” that screw you up.

I find I’m screwed more when I want to feint but end up hitting.

• @BB:

@Falc:

……that is the very thing I’m suggesting to remove with this thread…

• @Falc:

@BB:

@Falc:

……that is the very thing I’m suggesting to remove with this thread…

Lol I know I’m suggesting that too. I’d just rather have the option to cancel attacks instead of having a parry forced on me.

• I’d like it, but I think it should cost more stamina so people actually have to use it wisely and not like before rushing into a group of 10 people blocking and killing everyone.

• Nevermind of what is decided, just :

ALL the players should be equal. So much “skilled” players has been founded on this mechanism, while other didn’t even expect the existence of this kind of system.

• Just revert this patch

• @Skyneth:

Just revert this patch

And do it now.

• @KONGEN:

@Skyneth:

Just revert this patch

And do it now.

• @KONGEN:

@Skyneth:

Just revert this patch

And do it now.

• I want the feint back the way it was as well. I will not complain about it anymore, I swear. I admit I was big in game on how much feints sucked, but this feint nerf didn’t do anything to the power of feints (they still work just as well), and it hurt every other aspect of this game. I take ridiculous team damage from level 40s now- guys who are trying to feint out and can’t.

I know that feints are necessary, and I think it’s going to just have to be a gentlemen’s agreement to not spam them. They need to be in this game to the extent they were before.

Honestly, most of these weapons have release times that make the feint window reduction not matter. We’re talking about fractions of a second with most 1 handers, and they usually hit in less than a second. The nerf to feint window has only further driven down the use of 2 handers and hurt us all defensively.

Torn Banner- you listened to us. We were just wrong. I don’t think any of us realized how good feints were for this game until now. Removing feints would make these problems even worse. I think they need to be back to the extent they were before, combo-feint-parry and all.

• @KONGEN:

@Skyneth:

Just revert this patch

And do it now.

• @quigleyer:

I take ridiculous team damage from level 40s now- guys who are trying to feint out and can’t.

This is, hands down, the biggest problem with the current patch. If a team-mate runs in front of you mid-swing, you have no choice now but to either smack him in the back of the head or divert your swing and leave yourself open to being shanked by an opponent. It’s infuriating to watch a single swing, which you can do nothing about, get either yourself or your team-mate killed - just because you can’t feint the end of a wind-up.

• @Jstorm:

@KONGEN:

@Skyneth:

Just revert this patch

And do it now.

• @Jstorm:

@KONGEN:

@Skyneth:

Just revert this patch

And do it now.

As a spear user, lack of late feint to parry is probably my most hated thing about this new ‘patch’.

• I don’t think any of us realized how good feints were for this game until now.

HAha, O we where there saying it but no-one cared or listened. Enjoy your TO with excessive archers and massive team spam damage.
    At least in FFA it didn’t hurt too badly, the quick thinkers among us can’t play to our potential as easily though.

• @quigleyer:

Torn Banner- you listened to us. We were just wrong. I don’t think any of us realized how good feints were for this game until now.

Not everyone had a problem with feints. Pre-patch I always felt like their effectiveness was relatively easily mitigated. Last minute blocks (not possible now if you’re in windup), footwork, good timing on your initiating attack, teamwork and educated guesses.

Pre-patch feints would have been much less effective without the alt-attack speed bonus which they changed, but we also have the the windup nerf on feints as well as more stamina loss. It’s too much.