Snapshots

• There’s another well known indie developer that allows servers to run previous versions of the game. I daresay that would be a popular option.

• Well since everyone updated, not much use unless the developer provides an old version of the client, which is likely illegal.

• @gregcau:

Well since everyone updated, not much use unless the developer provides an old version of the client, which is likely illegal.

This game has no EULA for a start, and secondly, something can be only illegal if it’s against the law, lol.

• @Martin:

@gregcau:

Well since everyone updated, not much use unless the developer provides an old version of the client, which is likely illegal.

This game has no EULA for a start, and secondly, something can be only illegal if it’s against the law, lol.

So there is no software agreement preventing me from taking an earlier version of chivalry client and selling it to the community, only charging for the download fee.

This is not open source.

If that is legal, um Tibbs needs to hire a lawyer.

• It is legal for TBS to allow it, which was the OP. Stop trolling girly-man.

• @BillDoor:

It is legal for TBS to allow it

Can you point to the document which says a 3rd party can resell their software.

No, I don’t think so. Maybe when you go to college you will learn about legal issues.

• Of course it’s allowed, the SDK just got released. Bloody hell, lol.

Selling is a different matter entirely; you can’t sell under copyright law without permission, but if you do, TBS can’t deny you access to their game for you breaking the EULA, because one doesn’t exist. TBS can currently deny nobody access to their game (they can Ban you from Official servers, that’s about it, but that’s just because they own the servers and they can do whatever they please with those), only Valve has that power when you break Steam’s EULA.

• Greg you have quite the superiority complex.
    You should probably take a load off and go drink beers and get laid.

• I will ask a Moderator to step in if this thread is derailed. Read the OP - it says nothing about ‘selling’. Snapshot servers are perfectly legal for TBS to allow.