Meh MAA still god tier in duels

• MAA unbeatable strat:

Wait for opponent to attack

Backpedal

Attack.

Now with it impossible to chase while someone is backpedaling, Knights have no way of closing the distance to touch the MAA. Who cares if they nerfed dodge, MAA don’t even need to use it anymore.

• GAME IS NOT BALANCED AROUND DUELS!

• Why do you think duels evolved into armorless bouts with skinny little swords.

Because this kind of combat isn’t even proper for duels.

• Their still god tier in general especially since kicks are inconsistent. They’re even faster than archers now, and since you can’t deal with 1vs5s in pubs nearly as reliably as before, that indirectly makes MaA even better. Oh well, at least the new claymore can hold up to them better. Too bad it sucks against knights.

• This post is deleted!

• Benjo is right, armor only disappeared because of firearms. Going unarmored with a rapier against an enemy in full plate armor is pretty much suicide.

And MaA being op in 1v1 is being heavily discussed in the council, so you can most likely expect a fix for the next patch. Don’t worry, MaA will not stay how he is now.

• Oh now maa gets flamed at again? I agree they were overpowered before the patch but now they are NOT. There are MAA that are easy to kill, and some that are hard to kill. Depending on the player and yourself.
    MAA with lower level than me always die by my blade. MAA with a higher level usually kick my ass. MAA with about the same level like me are a challange and I guess my K/D in fights against same-level maa is about 1:1.
    And yes, I’m talking about duels.
    The problem in duels are the archers. They can shoot you from afar and kill you with their speedy butterknife in closecombat. The melee combat for archers should be nerfed a bit… Well but the archers aren’t our topic now, sry.

People… The MAA got nerfed and many players got pissed off by that, because it’s not that easy for them now.

Now do you want to piss them all off because making the MAA UNDERPOWERED? Sry… The MAA is good as it is now. It’s fast. And that’s the point of it.

And no I’m not an MAA. I’m a vanguard and MAA and Archers are my worst enemies. So don’t think I’m just saying this because I was an MAA-freak or something.

• @Peter:

The problem in duels are the archers. They can shoot you from afar and kill you with their speedy butterknife in closecombat. The melee combat for archers should be nerfed a bit… Well but the archers aren’t our topic now, sry.

^ This.

I mean, how can you block a big maul with a tiny dagger? In this situation blocking with fists shoukd be more efficient.

• @Peter:

Oh now maa gets flamed at again? I agree they were overpowered before the patch but now they are NOT. There are MAA that are easy to kill, and some that are hard to kill. Depending on the player and yourself.
    MAA with lower level than me always die by my blade. MAA with a higher level usually kick my ass. MAA with about the same level like me are a challange and I guess my K/D in fights against same-level maa is about 1:1.
    And yes, I’m talking about duels.

People… The MAA got nerfed and many players got pissed off by that, because it’s not that easy for them now.

Now do you want to piss them all off because making the MAA UNDERPOWERED? Sry… The MAA is good as it is now. It’s fast. And that’s the point of it.

And no I’m not an MAA. I’m a vanguard and MAA and Archers are my worst enemies. So don’t think I’m just saying this because I was an MAA-freak or something.

Let me explain something to you first:
    a) who took biggest hit from nerfing alt swings? Of course everyone took a hit but answer is simple - man at arms, most of maa players based their play around forward dodging with alt swing making their attack ridiculously fast, cheap and effective at once.
    Now:
    b) who took biggest hit from removal of combo feint to parry? Knights and vanguards.

If you look only at MAA changes, sure MAA seems weaker but if you take under your consideration recent changes to combo feint to parry MAA still stands strong. That’s why even despite all those MAA nerfs, MAA got best deal out of every class in new patch.

@Vesanus:

@Peter:

^ This.
    I mean, how can you block a big maul with a tiny dagger? In this situation blocking with fists shoukd be more efficient.

Basically from feedback like that I can easily deduce that you guys aren’t competitive players and you don’t have good knowledge of this game.
    Archers being problem in duels?
    Bringing realism arguments into balance discussion?
    Come on…

• @Falc:

Benjo is right, armor only disappeared because of firearms. Going unarmored with a rapier against an enemy in full plate armor is pretty much suicide.

And MaA being op in 1v1 is being heavily discussed in the council, so you can most likely expect a fix for the next patch. Don’t worry, MaA will not stay how he is now.

Oh god…. you mean that maa might be nerfed EVEN MORE!? I main as maa and I tell you, there is only so much BS I can put up with. If maa gets nerfed even more than it already is, then I will probably quit Chivalry.

• @wyrda78:

@Falc:

Benjo is right, armor only disappeared because of firearms. Going unarmored with a rapier against an enemy in full plate armor is pretty much suicide.

Oh god…. you mean that maa might be nerfed EVEN MORE!? I main as maa and I tell you, there is only so much BS I can put up with. If maa gets nerfed even more than it already is, then I will probably quit Chivalry.

Read my previous post, MAA when compared to other classes is stronger now than in previous patch.

• @theuprising:

MAA unbeatable strat:

Wait for opponent to attack

Backpedal

Attack.

Now with it impossible to chase while someone is backpedaling, Knights have no way of closing the distance to touch the MAA. Who cares if they nerfed dodge, MAA don’t even need to use it anymore.

Correct.

10-2+3=11.

If something is overly strong, you dont make it less strong by removing an overpowered move and then increasing their strength. (-attack while dodge + movement speed)

Especially when you’re nerfing the main method of other classes dealing with man at arms (combo feint parry)

too many variables get thrown into any balance stuff these guys do. M@arms should have been hit with a flat nerf and thats that.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Read my previous post, MAA when compared to other classes is stronger now than in previous patch.

Maa = good at 1v1, bad at large melees. Chivalry is about group combat, not about 1v1. So no class should be balanced around duels.

• @wyrda78:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Maa = good at 1v1, bad at large melees. Chivalry is about group combat, not about 1v1. So no class should be balanced around duels.

The funny thing is, since combo-feint-parry was nerfd, m@arms is now the best class to fight a group with or duel with…

stab dodge back, stab dodge back, spin run, dodge back turn stab. etc.

• @Falc:

Better nerf archer :-P

• @Ravengrim:

@Falc:

Better nerf archer :-P

The smiley face belies the serious serious nature of your post.

Better nerf archer’s melee capability. Better do it.

• Yeah Archer is also worrisome….we will get to that. First things first^^

• @JCash:

The smiley face belies the serious serious nature of your post.

Since I’m trying to always be polite I don’t want to provoke some butthurt archers, this smiley was intended to bring some half serious half joking touch in my post, so nobody feels offended ;)
    And yeah, this issue is really serious! Good to hear they will look at it.

• @wyrda78:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Where did I say something about 1vs1?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@wyrda78:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Where did I say something about 1vs1?

You didn’t. I was making the point that because maa isn’t good at group combat, it is a weaker class overall. If maa is somehow nerfed in its mobility, then it will get slaughtered in large battles even more, because of its fragility.