Broadsword Riposte Stab

• So I am not sure if it is the animation or tracers, but the broadsword riposte stab is nearly unblockable unless you guess and pre-emptively block. Anyone else finding this or is it just me?

• I did parry too late against a few broadsword thrust counters yesterday. I’ve been attributing it the MAA move speed boosts, that his increased acceleration is making the attack hit sooner when he steps forward to thrust. I played with the setup some myself and it certainly feels potent. Felt like I didn’t even need to combo, just control range and thrust only.

• I felt like I couldn’t block it when using a kite shield. The shield up time feels longer than the riposte time.

• @Dr:

The shield up time feels longer than the riposte time.

There is no shield up time.

• @BB:

@Dr:

The shield up time feels longer than the riposte time.

There is no shield up time.

Well the point is after I attack I can’t block in time to defend against the stab. So the recovery time then.

• Yeah in any case, I was just wondering how everyone else felt about it. For whatever reason, I haven’t been able to successfully block them consistently. It is blindingly fast, perhaps too fast or poorly animated, not sure which.

• Well the maces and axes all have shorter stab windups than the Broad so it’s probably not that.

• @BB:

Well the maces and axes all have shorter stab windups than the Broad so it’s probably not that.

Probably something along the lines of what Tobi said, or perhaps a tracer issue then.

• @SHH_:

@BB:

Well the maces and axes all have shorter stab windups than the Broad so it’s probably not that.

Probably something along the lines of what Tobi said, or perhaps a tracer issue then.

Yeah, the fact that it’s a longer weapon may mean it connects sooner. The maces and axes are shorter so they have to travel further. Unless this is another problem with thrusts of longer weapons appearing inside people.

• I’ve noticed that broadsword’s overhead + stab combo is insanely fast (in comparison with other weapons and comboses).

• I observe the same problem, and some stabs are literally unblockable on 200 ping (wasn’t like that before the patch).

Don’t have a problem with the stab being fast. It just feels like when i block nothing happens and i get stabbed anyway.

• MaA now = Broadsword stab spam

• The broads face-riposte has always been incredibly hard to parry successfully, and with the new changes it makes stab the best option in most cases. A lot of the fights I had in the past week has just been pure stabs (when I wasn’t using the maul.)

• It’s no harder to block a broadsword riposte than it is to block a riposte from the other fast stabbing weapons, like the claymore or shortsword. Though It isn’t unblockable without preemptive blocking, you just need fast reaction speed.

• Actually, the shortsword riposte is much easier to block now. It is really only the broad where it feels a bit too fast, though as Tobi mentioned, it probably has something to do with the MAA increased movement speed, just have to adapt and see whether it is still hard to block after playing with it more.

• I have noticed this too when fighting a few MAA with broadsword, post patch.

Even the normal stab seems to glitch through parry sometimes, generally the opponent doesn’t have ping over 60ms, they aren’t side stepping me either. A perfect straight stab and riposte stab either hits a little bit in windup or hits when the parry is fully raised.

I think it’s possibly a tracer issue, but still unsure at this time.

• I believe Naleaus demonstrated to me that Broadsword stab riposte is nearly unparriable. He went around as MAA and basically wrecked an entire server of rank 30+ players…I’m going to go out on a limb here and say they should probably fix that. OH and don’t even get me started on SS and Dagger -.-

• I’m gonna go ahead and say this isn’t true until there’s some video evidence. Broad has a .45 stab windup which is decently long for a one hander.

• @BB:

I’m gonna go ahead and say this isn’t true until there’s some video evidence. Broad has a .45 stab windup which is decently long for a one hander.

If it helps diagnose the problem, I suspect it may be related to the facehug bubble, I’ve heard a little bit about an exploit involving it. I’m not entirely sure if they are definitely related, but it couldn’t hurt to look into it.

That being said, yesterday, I managed to block a few of the riposte stabs fairly reliably, but that doesn’t preclude the fact that there may be something odd going on with the bubble as that is one of the things I could see causing the unreliability.

• @SHH_:

If it helps diagnose the problem, I suspect it may be related to the facehug bubble, I’ve heard a little bit about an exploit involving it.

I don’t see how, the bubble is just for enemy player collision. If you actually know the exploit though please PM me.