MAA weapons need a little more diversity

• I feel as if all of the weapons are the same, and that no matter one I feel like im using the same weapon with a different model.

MAA weapons need some difference between them, like how spear is different from zwei, and that kind of thing. It gets boring to basically use the same weapon after months of playing.

Side note: Martin when you gonna update the spreadsheet 8-) ?

• @Ho_BoY:

It gets boring to basically use the same weapon after months of playing.

You can blame dodge changes for that.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Ho_BoY:

No, I have always felt this way about these weapons. With or without dodge attack.

• Seriously? Did you see what kind of “changes” they did to all the other class weaponry?

• @omg87:

Seriously? Did you see what kind of “changes” they did to all the other class weaponry?

I don’t see your point…

• Well basically, take whatever is popular - piss on it. Then buff everything else to outshine what was previously popular. The end result is the same problem you just described. Except flipped around.

• He isn’t saying that certain weapons are inferior, he’s saying they are all similar in functionality, so there’s no reason to use one weapon over the other.

• Well in some ways the MaA has the most diversity:

• They have the full selection of one handed weapons. They can choose to do any kind of damage as a primary (pierce, slash, blunt) and an alternate damage type as a secondary.

• They also have a completely individual weapon: the quarterstaff.

• They are the only class that has access to all of the offensive throwables: axe, knives and most importantly the firepot.

• They can use shields

Every other class gets unique primaries which the MaA does not get (except for the quarterstaff) which is a bit boring for them. What they really need is a full tier of quarterstaffs or something to really differentiate them. A heavy quarterstaff that did more damage or a two handed club would fit well into this tier.

• @Dr:

Well in some ways the MaA has the most diversity:

• They have the full selection of one handed weapons. They can choose to do any kind of damage as a primary (pierce, slash, blunt) and an alternate damage type as a secondary.

• They also have a completely individual weapon: the quarterstaff.

• They are the only class that has access to all of the offensive throwables: axe, knives and most importantly the firepot.

• They can use shields

Every other class gets unique primaries which the MaA does not get (except for the quarterstaff) which is a bit boring for them. What they really need is a full tier of quarterstaffs or something to really differentiate them. A heavy quarterstaff that did more damage or a two handed club would fit well into this tier.

We don’t have throwing axes, and all of the 1h weapons are pretty much the same weapon. Which is why I say “MAA weapons need more diversity”

What I think the MAA needs, is for their weapons to be really bad in some ways but great in others, like the knights setups. Maul= power but no speed. That kind of thing.

• @Ho_BoY:

and all of the 1h weapons are pretty much the same weapon.

You did not just say that :o

• I’ve said since the Alpha that they need another secondary, something a bit different to a sword / dagger.

I usually like to roll with two different types of weapon. If you take a sword as main, that leaves you with another sword, or a dagger, I can’t see how the secondarys are much use in that regard? Still not sure what would give them but meh, their primary and secondaries are too alike in functionality.

On other classes I have a big, slow main, and a smaller, fast secondary of a completely different type.

• Not going to happen obviously for this game but if 1her maces and axes had their own animset, you could more easily differentiate them from their sword brothers.

• there is far too much wrong with not only the maa class, but with the entire game, for this topic to even be relevant. just my opinion.

• Is it too much to ask for flanged mace to 2 shot maa’s? That way I can 'splode heads and 2 shot maa’s at the same time, without having some fat and ugly morning star.

The perfect flanged mace-

2 shots archers, 2 shots MAA’s, 3 shot’s vans unless x2 headshot, and 3-4 shot knights.

• Good God, you don’t know what you want. You want a broadsword? Use the broadsword.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Ho_BoY:

You just love dodge, don’t you. You should play UT3.

• @omg87:

Good God, you don’t know what you want. You want a broadsword? Use the broadsword.

No, broadsword doesn’t make heads explode. And in the flanged mace description it says it’s stronger than broad. Which it’s not.