Fork

• Fork still needs some attention. There’s still no reason to choose it.

Compare it to brandistock:
    •Fork overhead - brandi thrust is same windup, more damage, faster recovery, faster release, and more range.
    •Fork slash - brandi slash is only slightly slower in all areas, but is far more damaging and longer range.
    •Then you factor in the availability of the brandistock’s devastating overhead and I’m left wondering why fork is even in the game except as a joke/challenge weapon.

My suggestion would be to make the fork even faster on all windups and significantly reduce its recovery times. As it is, the claymore is just as fast, more damaging, and can combo.

Edit: I was speaking from the perspective of quantifiable stats only - I hadn’t tested in-game yet. So I was surprised when I used it last night and found it to be… not that bad. Pretty good actually. The main reason is it seems they ninja changed the range on fork overheads, its main attack. It reaches out about as long as a brandi overhead now. ^_^ Not bad at all. Still, I think the recovery times could be sped up some.

• It’s already relatively OP.

Brandistock still bad.

• The fork was better pre-patch now the brandi is the way to go (;

• @-Thylacine-:

It’s already relatively OP.

Brandistock still bad.

What game are you playing? Or is this some kind of troll post?

Brandi is arguably the best teamplay vanguard weapon now. Previously it was overshadowed by all weapons that could combo because of the power of combo-feint-parry, but since that has been removed the brandi has equal defensive capability compared to any combo weapon. It has great range, massive power(can 1-hit maa now, leave van with only 5hp(kickable), 2-hit knight), has good recovery times for it’s range, and has a quick interrupter move to maintain initiative at close ranges.

Fork can’t do anything another weapon can’t do better.

• @TobiwanK3nobi:

As it is, the claymore is just as fast, more damaging, and can combo.

Seeing as the claymore itself is a recent change, and there’s a considerable amount of controversy regarding it’s speed, I’m not sure it’s the best weapon to be comparing the Fork to.

• @TobiwanK3nobi:

@-Thylacine-:

It’s already relatively OP.

Brandistock still bad.

What game are you playing? Or is this some kind of troll post?

Brandi is arguably the best teamplay vanguard weapon now. Previously it was overshadowed by all weapons that could combo because of the power of combo-feint-parry, but since that has been removed the brandi has equal defensive capability compared to any combo weapon. It has great range, massive power(can 1-hit maa now, leave van with only 5hp(kickable), 2-hit knight), has good recovery times for it’s range, and has a quick interrupter move to maintain initiative at close ranges.

Fork can’t do anything another weapon can’t do better.

I’m playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

It doesen’t 1 hit MAA. Stop making up lies. Spear is still better and always has been, and fork is like the SoW of the spear category. It’s OP becaue you can spam unblockable stabs endlessly with decent damage (3 hit knight). It’s pretty stupid tbh.

• Lol @ unblockable stabs

• It doesen’t 1 hit MAA. Stop making up lies.

It does 1 hit MaA in the head with an OH. I’ve tested it.

Spear is still better and always has been, and fork is like the SoW of the spear category. It’s OP becaue you can spam unblockable stabs endlessly with decent damage (3 hit knight). It’s pretty stupid tbh.

Lol

• It does. Check out Knil’s new spreadsheet with the new damages entered.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … a1E#gid=77

• Or you cab do a simple calaculation in your head.

95 • .85=80.75

80.75 • 1.25= 100.9375 (1 hit kill)

• @ChuckingIt:

It does. Check out Knil’s new spreadsheet with the new damages entered.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … a1E#gid=77

Thanks for that. I was still looking into the old spreadsheet :)

• @-Thylacine-:

I’m playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

It doesen’t 1 hit MAA. Stop making up lies. Spear is still better and always has been, and fork is like the SoW of the spear category. It’s OP becaue you can spam unblockable stabs endlessly with decent damage (3 hit knight). It’s pretty stupid tbh.

Agreed, the speed makes it very, very hard to block reliably.

Needs a subtle nerf.

• @-Thylacine-:

Brandistock still bad.

LOL

• @TobiwanK3nobi:

My suggestion would be to make the fork even faster on all windups and significantly reduce its recovery times.

Are you out of your mind ? More this, more that, … What about Balance ?!

@TobiwanK3nobi:

As it is, the claymore is just as fast, more damaging, and can combo.

Yes, but only because the Claymore has far less reach than the Fork.