The game now is so slow and boring. It is so bad…

• I just wanted to make a thread that can be seen in title that the game is now so slow and boring. It is so bad… I am a dedicated player that usually never complains but plays the game. I reached level 40 and had no major issues with patching before. But now the game is just so slow, boring and bad. I curse it!

• I totally agree with this topic. Torn Banner ruined this masterpiece. The game was perfect and smooth beforte this ???ing garbage ??? patch now everything is just as worse if not more broke.

-Gameplay is not as fluid and responsive as before
    -You still jump/glitch into others
    -Blocking animation with the buckler is totally off and weird since the update
    -Now every spears your throw jam into the enemy or his shield and can easily be removed when you get close to him which is totally unrealistic

• THE GOD DAMN SOUNDS WHEN YOURE OUT OF STAMINA FOR BOTH YOU AND THE ENEMY ARE WAYYY TO HEAVY FFS. Who the ??? wants to hear OUUUUHH HUH HAH HUH HAHHHH HUH as long as the fight is not ending once both players reach 0 stamina (Thats only since this ??? update)

• You cant jump + F to kick/bash anymore since they completely broke shield bash by making it way too fast which is limiting gameplay style

• Running as an archer feels like youre trying to run while wearing 100 pounds of armor when archers are the lightest class

• They nerfed running speed so bad and facehugging is still there

• when losing in duels/dying the chat is still a ???ing mess if not worse, Always cutting while youre typing forcing you to re-type the whole thing again.

This update didnt fix ??? only turned this game to ???. Both of my friends who loved the game just as much as me agree this game is not as fun as it used to. I have put more than 300 hrs without ever complaining but this update totally ruined it.

• I can really feel the love in that post. So many hearts :3

• Well I loved this game more than any other games lately,the patch completely broke everything that was amazing except for the voice commands. Gameplay is off ,slow and unresponsive I give up until they roll back.

• Actually I like the changes of the last patch. Of course there are still some glitchy things but I think they will be improved soon.

• Stupid devs. Cant believe they ruined a pretty good working game by changing everything. I hope nobody buys the game anymore.

• @bada:

I can really feel the love in that post. So many hearts :3

Lol.

The game was perfect and smooth beforte this ???ing garbage ??? patch now everything is just as worse if not more broke.

What’s the, heartwarming im sure, word in the 3 hearts?
    Im stuck :p

• You should watch kimis video, you may get some insight into the game development process.

• @gregcau:

You should watch kimis video, you may get some insight into the game development process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afuMv8OMMtE&t=1m42s

• LOL at the video start point!

• Lol ouch. And I’m not even sure about the pretending either.

• People keep saying the game is slower, without pointing to any specifics. I personally do not find combat much slower at all. Yes, without combo feint to parry, you are limited in your ability to safely be aggressive, but you can still combo if you do so intelligently. Don’t get me wrong, I’d much prefer having it back, but it doesn’t radically change the pace of combat for me. Especially not in 1vs1.

In what way has combat become so much slower? I don’t see it.

• With the billhook, several animations seem slower. Since it’s already a slow drag weapon - it does well enough in this patch.
    Archers seem much, much slower in every way. With the saber, several animations seem slower and it’s doesn’t drag as fast. Getting flinched while holding one is nearly a death sentence. Bows and Crossbows are much slower to turn. I could raise my sensitivity I guess.

• In what way has combat become so much slower? I don’t see it.

I agree with this statement. To me it looks like the game handled some initiative towards the defender and it might be disliked by people who are used to be constantly on the offensive. I didn’t feel that combat is slow.

Yes, you can’t do a “knight dance” now (you can’t run as fast as before, nor can you combo as fast as before, nor can you speed up your weapons as fast as before), but for me that’s a good thing. You need to put more effort into beating the enemy (especially if both players know what they’re doing), but that’s a positive thing too.

The comment that game is slow, boring and bad is an opinion and I’d like to see what happens after the free weekend sales, because in pre-patch state of the game (in terms of playerbase) wasn’t all that great. If there will be increasement in playerbase after sales are finished it’ll mean people like post-patch version. If not then the opposite. It’s quite simple.

• In this patch you’re unable to sprint after being parried, or successfully parrying for .5 seconds I believe.
    This was largely thought of as a bad change in the beta forum’s feedback but it went in anyways.
    That’s one thing slowing down the combat.

• Overall there is just a lot of new “dead time” time you spend not doing anything/unable to do anything. I think thats why it feels slower.

• @The:

In what way has combat become so much slower? I don’t see it.

I think they are referring to the chase code being turned off when facing an opponent.

It is easy to speed up the game, just increase the game speed.

• Unfortunately I have to agree with most of the OP. I’m not a beta tester, I’m just a gamer, and I don’t have time to follow the intricacies of each change log. All I can say is that Chivalry has changed for the worse with this most recent patch.

The game has become exponentially more frustrating and a lot less enjoyable. Whereas just a week ago I had fun romping around a server, I now find myself literally smacking the table half the time I die out of frustration. The game suddenly feels very unresponsive. I am “only” rank 40 but I still consistently rank first and second place each match; the changes have not affected my “ability to win” but rather my “ability to have fun”.

Why were these major gameplay changes made in the first place…? What ever happened to just fixing the bugs, like getting stuck on map geometry?

From parrying a pole arm pushing you back 6 feet (making it nearly impossible to counterattack) to the removal of the frontal chase mechanism—used to rush in for an attack—sprinkled in with the fact that tapping “Q” once or twice in the middle of a 6-second long fight now suddenly leaves players completely out of stamina and in a “dazed mode” for over a second… What gives?

What’s really ironic is that I just replied to a thread on this forum not two weeks ago praising the devs for making a nearly perfect game!

June 16th post: Thank you for this game!

:x

… So much for that!

• @HaHawk:

like getting stuck on map geometry?

They fixed all the map stuck points that were submitted by users over the last 2 months.

If you have a particular spot in mind take a screenshot.

• This latest patch has been a change for the better. The only people crying are tryhard clanfags who are sad their exploits have been actually fixed.