Feedback and expectations

• In my opinion, people around here have wrong expectations of TBS’ reaction to their feedback.

First of all, there are not many Developers who take feedback on the general direction of their products.
    I think most of them base a games direction on their vision of what they actually want to create. This vision is then altered by what can be technically archieved, what can be placed on the market, what would bring them supporter and so own. Even if they then decide to take feedback into account at this point, they will most like stop to do that once the game is released.
    So how come people around here start to blame TBS for doing exactly that? We have learned on several occasions that they indeed have their on plans and actually take next to NO feedback on what the game should look like, which is well in their best rights. Yet, we have so many threads and posts from people who claim they know best what is good for the game because they have X and Y qualifications, which is another stupid thing to even bring up.

You may have an opinion on what kind of chivalry you like best but there is nothing that qualifies your opinion more than any other- not other customer’s and certainly not the developer’s.
    If TBS and other developer take feedback on their game then it ideally goes this way: They are concerned about an object’s balance in the game or they feel it does not work as intended. However, they are probably not quite sure what exact tweak would do the trick here, with as little unwanted and indirect impact on other content as possible. So they start searching the Forum for possible solutions the people who actually play the game have come up with. Best case, those solutions and their most likely effects / side-effects have already been discussed so they really can pick something they see fit for their plan, or alter a solution that comes close enough.

This is the only time where ingame experience and good pros / cons can help your opinion being heard. Neither do they have to listen to everyone who feels extremely experienced, nor do they have to take your suggestion unaltered. And again, they certainly don’t have to change things they didn’t worry about in the first place or into a direction they don’t want to just because you have that much experience and good pros / cons.

I certainly don’t want to blame everyone on this forum for being a dick, but you have to admit that some posts around here really start to run riot- even before patch release. I do understand some people don’t like the way chivalry goes and they totally have the right to feel that way, but they must also understand TBS owes them nothing regarding their feedback and there are probably other people who do like the changes and whose opinion is worth just as much as their own.

I for one like the new patch with few exceptions and I think TBS does a good job with their first game. There really have been worse.

• The devs don’t need anyone to make long posts on the forums defending them and their right to do what they want with the game.

Obviously they have that, if they didn’t that patch wouldn’t have happened.

Just like we have the ability to post our feedback on what they do on the forum.

Just hush dude no one needs you white knighting for them. If you like the patch give your feedback and how many hours of playtime you have then go back to the broken game.

Posts like yours can only turn into flame wars and pointless arguments. Especially when used as the OP of a thread.

• I don’t think this game would’ve been a success without community input from the alphas and betas before release.
    Now there is a lot more people and a lot more opinions which makes it harder for them to accurately weigh community feedback.

This patch isn’t the end of the world and all of the people who are up in arms and are hyping up a mod for the game to be like it was before are over-reacting.
    I don’t doubt TBS will do something to remedy this, but I do doubt their timeliness.

• @JCash:

The devs don’t need anyone to make long posts on the forums defending them and their right to do what they want with the game.

Just like we have the ability to post our feedback on what they do on the forum.

Just hush dude no one needs you white knighting for them. If you like the patch give your feedback and how many hours of playtime you have then go back to the broken game.

Posts like yours can only turn into flame wars and pointless arguments. Especially when used as the OP of a thread.

They certainly don’t need you bad-mouthing their work either, but we both do what we do based on the same right so maybe you ‘hush’?

Anyway you have a point there. I don’t want to feed the flames, so now that I spoke out on my positive feedback to this patch, I actually will abandon the topic and start playing the game.
    Cheers.

• @Escadin:

@JCash:

The devs don’t need anyone to make long posts on the forums defending them and their right to do what they want with the game.

They certainly don’t need you bad-mouthing their work either, but we both do what we do based on the same right so maybe you ‘hush’?

Anyway you have a point there. I don’t want to feed the flames, so now that I spoke out on my positive feedback to this patch, I actually will abandon the topic and start playing the game.
    Cheers.

Actually, if the game sucks now, they should be informed about it. I don’t think they play their own game sometimes… I mean how can this patch be an improvement? Mauls got a damage buff… Great. Revert everything else and you have a nice patch.

You are entitled to your opinion of it being good as the other side has theirs. The OP has a tone to it like you are simply bashing people who dislike the patch. Expect to get negative feedback about your post in doing this.