Its about time you do something TB

• Weapon hit tracers/shield hit boxes/Parry hit boxes.

Those things just need to work better. I cant stand the fact that people actually hit me even if I did the best parry/block existing. Its miserable as fuck. TBS. For gods sake. Ive seen COUNTLESS impossible hits from me and to me. Happens at least every 2 duel 100%.

I dont know why. It feels like that blocking the tip works better. Not 100% but better.
    If I fucking stand near someone, I want my parry to actually block the blade. I dont want a whooping 720 degree turn to block that piece of fucking tip. I look at the blade. People look at the blade when they start the game. Especially 1h are hard as fuck to block. At least 1 hit will suddenly hit you.

The fact that I 1hit a knight on the head even with his guard up and then rage about a broken system made me make this thread.

• They need to take a break from balance patches and just do one big patch where the entire hit-detection system is overhauled.

It would be a benefit to everyone.

• @Uglyshit:

I dont know why. It feels like that blocking the tip works better.

I’m pretty sure the tutorial does in fact tell you to do that.

• Parrying works fine. I don’t see many problems with that, it’s actually easier now that facehugging is being fought. The issue I see is that I’m being hit by weapons that I can clearly see not hitting me, so I don’t parry (and then get hit).

Aim your parries! If you’re still having trouble look at some videos online of pro clan players, they’ll show you how it’s done by just watching them.

• Besides some odd ranges, which may or may not have something to do with the new collision radius, the hit detection in this game has always been pretty solid. A lot of people complain about parry not working or being broken, but for the most part, they are simply not aiming their blocks correctly or are the victims of latency.

• played less than a week
    didn’t do the tutorial

here’s your pinch of salt

• @Goden:

They need to take a break from balance patches and just do one big patch where the entire hit-detection system is overhauled.

It would be a benefit to everyone.

I’d rather have they just add some new content again, I’m getting burned out on all these mechanic overhaul patches. New maps! New classes! New weapons! Customization! Etc.

• Well parrying seems weird to me on some weapons. On most weapons it’s like in the tutorial. Look at the tip. But for example the norse sword: Aiming at the tip always makes my parry fail. Aiming at the GRIP makes my parry succeed.

And vanguard weapons: When I fight Vang, vs Vang I get the impression that I don’t have to aim my block at all. I just look at the opponent and every block succeeds (except I fall for a feint or a delayed hit)

• Oh look, they butchered the game and baddies are still bad. Huh, maybe that was the problem all along?

• I am still good. More than good. I’m great. ;)

edit/
    While Chivalry is still shit.

• Guys look someone is having trouble parrying, let’s buff parry so it creates a magical forcefield around you and when they attack the forcefield they get turned into teddybears.

• they need to just overhaul the whole game, its got more bugs then a fucking jungle.

and the nerf after nerf is just making it weak as fuck too, its almost fruitninja like now but in midevil times.

and i think the parrys work just fine, its the not being able to parry when u get flinched thats broken, same thing with wep switching when flinched,or doing any action after an action, its goes uuuhh and wont let u which do shit which is just dumb,and makes it pointless to play.

• @Uglyshit:

Happens at least every 2 duel 100%.

Happens 50% of the time, 100% of the time.

• their silence in this whole sorry episode speaks volumes, i’m afraid it seems fruitless asking them to do something about it because the dissent is clearly falling on deaf ears.

• would be nice if the buggy player meshes were fixed also, its horrible getting stuck on ppl, let alone its easy to get boxed in by several players because of it, couple that with not being able to block or switch weps to block when flinched and thats just a mess, sumthing needs to be done about all these gameplay breaking bugs.

• Parrying works fine. I don’t see many problems with that, it’s actually easier now that facehugging is being fought. The issue I see is that I’m being hit by weapons that I can clearly see not hitting me, so I don’t parry (and then get hit).

When I was trying to block brandistock (not sure if this applies to spear and fork as well) with my shield (kite shield) I noticed they are stabbing somewhere around me, hitting me. Is this bug (where you find a way to bypass the shield’s radious) or is this intended (I am not sure which)?

• @Holy.Death:

Parrying works fine. I don’t see many problems with that, it’s actually easier now that facehugging is being fought. The issue I see is that I’m being hit by weapons that I can clearly see not hitting me, so I don’t parry (and then get hit).

When I was trying to block brandistock (not sure if this applies to spear and fork as well) with my shield (kite shield) I noticed they are stabbing somewhere around me, hitting me. Is this bug (where you find a way to bypass the shield’s radious) or is this intended (I am not sure which)?

I believe dragging stabs can get past shields if you do it right.

• @Event:

@Holy.Death:

Parrying works fine. I don’t see many problems with that, it’s actually easier now that facehugging is being fought. The issue I see is that I’m being hit by weapons that I can clearly see not hitting me, so I don’t parry (and then get hit).

I believe dragging stabs can get past shields if you do it right.

Shields, believe it or not, actually require a lot more patience and skill to use than parrying with 1h/2hs. Not only do you have to understand how to turn your blocks correctly, you have to make sure that you never keep your shield raised for any significant period of time while in close melee combat (in order to avoid the longer kick stun with shields). I would recommend grabbing a friend, going to a duel server, and just have rounds where you practice blocking with your shield. Don’t attack, just ask him to do different combos, feints, attacks and just spend time familiarizing yourself with how to block with a shield. It is deceptively hard in this game, relative to parrying at least.

• Can we get a vote on returning to pre patch chivalry. I bet the majority want the old game back.

• @WARSAW:

would be nice if the buggy player meshes were fixed also, its horrible getting stuck on ppl, let alone its easy to get boxed in by several players because of it, couple that with not being able to block or switch weps to block when flinched and thats just a mess, sumthing needs to be done about all these gameplay breaking bugs.

It makes sense to me that while flinched you cannot block or switch weapons - you’re flinched! Isnt this intended?