Last patch killed the game..

• I don’t know if you guys noticed but the game look really slow since last update and most duel end up in blocking until someone runs out of stamina or doing the poke around the block wich works even better then before and I dunno why! Blocking is really too easy to do , you can actually block at the last moment of your own strike, there is no place for hitting an opponent after he missed a hit, maybe with maa and dodging sideway but still it became a blocking fest in duels…

For team based gameplay, fighting multiple enemy became horrible since your always slowed down and lots of hits are ignored while some range are total bs.

Flinch mechanic seem to be almost taken out of the game, never seen so many simultaneous hits on this game but with last patch it happens all the time, wich make maa and archer weaker…

Archers became snipers while their melee seem to be useless most of the time, mostly for the cudgel

Maa dodge is still strong in duel but useless in group fights since he will run out of stamina very soon because he will block more then dodging wich isn’t what the class is about

Lots of weapons reach seem to be longer then the model shows and useless buff to some weapon like the maul or 2hands swords

With feints almost off, spear sucks since they can’t combo while one hander cannot feint much

Duel of maa is boring because dodges is too slow, most of them looks like this: dodge foward, strike while the other dodge backward then he dodge foward …. … …until stamina runs out again

Stagger = free hit when carrying a shield or not, really the stagger time is too long!

drags were nerfed in a way, still I could see a lots of them, mostly the most problematic ones, while crouch lookdown still is OP

Not a minor flaw but, french letter ‘‘é’’ are replaced with @$#@ signs while some text remained in english

• It’s so dead, so many people playing…

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action= … pid=219640

• @Holy.Death:

It’s so dead, so many people playing…

Probably because it’s 66% off at the moment, numbers always shoot up during sales/free weekends

• @Josh:

@Holy.Death:

It’s so dead, so many people playing…

Probably because it’s 66% off at the moment, numbers always shoot up during sales/free weekends

Haha indeed. At the end of the graph you see the line plummet down due to how shit this game really is.

• Haha indeed. At the end of the graph you see the line plummet down due to how shit this game really is.

Sinusoides tend to work like that. You also seem to not notice that the number of player wasn’t all that high pre-patch. We shall see how many people stay in post-patch version of the game.

Correct me if I am wrong, but numbers were rising between 27 and 28, before the weekend?

• @Holy.Death:

Correct me if I am wrong, but numbers were rising between 27 and 28, before the weekend?

Despite it being called a ‘weekend deal’, the sale started on the 27th

• My mistake then.

• If you implement a patch that slows down the game, and removes a lot of the skill aspect of course more people will play. You are seeing all the bad people who refused to learn how to play a faster paced game… Not that hard to realize that if its easier more people will play it…

• Last free weekend, free weekend players got annihilated and then went on a bunch of places like /v/ and neogaf and spread hate for the game. So TB destroyed the skill ceiling of the game and put it on sale.

I really lost a lot of respect for them here. They can regain it if they admit their mistake and revert most of the game changes, but I don’t see that happening. Game developers are deaf most of the time.

• This patch managed to remove most of the skill from the game. The stagger time is so long that it is basically a free hit with any weapon and the stamina drain of a parry is totally unpredictable.

I played this game for long but until they remove some of those changes I will quit.

Seems they turned this game into some cashgrab and are only up to new customers in contrast to providing a good end-game.

• @Listing:

This patch managed to remove most of the skill from the game. The stagger time is so long that it is basically a free hit with any weapon and the stamina drain of a parry is totally unpredictable.

I played this game for long but until they remove some of those changes I will quit.

Seems they turned this game into some cashgrab and are only up to new customers in contrast to providing a good end-game.

Stamina drain isn’t un-predictable by any means….

However, they should definitely revert the 2.0 second stun time… 1.6 is enough to fix slow weapons hitting. The new stun time rewards people for not paying attention.

New flinch times and unfeintable window makes it so you cannot punish a combo-feint.

• The new stun time rewards people for not paying attention.

What do you mean by that?

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Listing:

This patch managed to remove most of the skill from the game. The stagger time is so long that it is basically a free hit with any weapon and the stamina drain of a parry is totally unpredictable.

Stamina drain isn’t un-predictable by any means….

However, they should definitely revert the 2.0 second stun time… 1.6 is enough to fix slow weapons hitting. The new stun time rewards people for not paying attention.

New flinch times and unfeintable window makes it so you cannot punish a combo-feint.

Agree, another problem is that with such a long stagger time other players are getting a free hit in that the don’t deserve.

• @-Thylacine-:

Haha indeed. At the end of the graph you see the line plummet down due to how shit this game really is.

You are disgusting. TB doesnt deserve your disrespectful attitude.

• @-Thylacine-:

At the end of the graph you see the line plummet down due to how shit this game really is.

If you really think that, you’re free to leave… So, shut up and clear off. TBS doesn’t deserve such insults. They didn’t make a perfect patch but they worked hard on it. BE RESPECTFUL !

• Guys, Thylacine is a known troll and constant shit starter. Just look up his posts if you want to see more.

• @Junanagou:

@-Thylacine-:

At the end of the graph you see the line plummet down due to how shit this game really is.

If you really think that, you’re free to leave… So, shut up and clear off. TBS doesn’t deserve such insults. They didn’t make a perfect patch but they worked hard on it. BE RESPECTFUL !

Oh look, a fanboy in desperate denial.

They have had 9 months to fix the Server Browser. Still horrendously broken.
    And shit tons of other bugs, old and new. Like when the game registers me as a level 1 on a random server, making it so I have to unlock all weapons again during that round.

And ofcourse, broken patches that changes most mechanics even when it’s unneccessary. These are all the signs of a bad company. That’s why I no longer play this piece of shit game. Well, maybe an hour or two every week when I’m super bored. After all I got over 560 hours played in this game so I’m pretty good.

560 hours is a testament to the endurance of hope. Hope of TBS getting their shit togheter and fixing their broken game. But they were sadly too lazy or incompetent, or both.

• There is just no way you change that much about a game and be able to call it an improvement. I am not even going to go into detail about whether the game was good before and whether the game is good now. The simple fact of the matter is that you don’t fucking flip a game upside down when the game has been out for this long. Let’s say that the game had been a dumbed-down, watered-down game for a long time and suddenly became a really competitive, high skill-ceiling game (basically the opposite of what actually happened) 8 months after release. That’s still fucking up a game big time. There is simply no such thing as a drastic overhaul after this much time being an improvement.

• I played this game for about 3 weeks pre patch. Seemed very buggy, blocking not working properly, people running around looking at their feet doing fast hits. I was like WTF? That’s how it seemed to a newcomer. It was lame. But the in game sounds were so awesome, and many fights were fun even with the hidden mechanics. Too fun to give up just yet.

So I did some youtube videos, forums searches, etc…. ahhh i get it now. Lookdown overhead! Parry the tip and turn 90 degrees to counter facehugging! … ahhh right, right ok, but wait. Hang on. Why? Why is the game like this? I just want to a spend an hour a day (maybe 2) hacking dudes and hitting that glorious battlecry button. Not worrying about MAA dodge attack facehugging spam, matrix like lookback overheads and lightning longsword stab combos… But I persisted, the game was fun despite these issues.

… Patch rolled in. Thank the gods. Many bad features mitigated: eg facehugging blockassery and vanguards sprinting forever and not even trying to block (I was guilty of that, hahah).

So, anyways to my point: disagree with OP. Patch did not kill this game. Patch saved it. Game was about 7/10 pre patch (if you persisted, i was very close to throwing it in as “too buggy/WTF just happened?”). It is now 8.5/10.

• they didn’t fix what u mentionned, there is still lots of overhead lookdown or lookup, most are easier to block since the game has become so slow, I really enjoyed the game before patch and wasn’t using any of these lame drags and still did more than fine on most servers but now it just feels slow and boring and mostly unbalanced!