[RELEASED] Black Hill Keep

• Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfLxBJZ1 … e=youtu.be

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/naa60 … llKeep.zip

A map I’ve been working on for a week or so. It is currently in closed beta between Lg clan members, and will be released soon.

When the map goes live there will be four versions. LTS, TD, and FFA

The album is here, and there are 8 photos: http://imgur.com/a/1wy5Z

UPDATE: The release will be VERY soon. Hopefully tonight.

UPDATE 2: The map is finished, and I will post the DL link.

• Looks nice! do you play it on live version ?

• @CRUSHED:

Looks nice! do you play it on live version ?

Well for everyone to play we all had to download the map, then Breakfast Warrior and Ronin hosted servers on the beta client that we all connected to.

• Looks Really good…

Waiting for download

• Wow ! Good job !

• sweet reminds me of halloween theme

• The map has been completed, and I provided a download link and a video of the map.

• Thanks !

• This is easily my favorite looking custom map so far, and probably has some of the best attention to map flow. I can easily see where player hotspots will be on the map, and how players would traverse your map.

• @Gauntlet:

This is easily my favorite looking custom map so far, and probably has some of the best attention to map flow. I can easily see where player hotspots will be on the map, and how players would traverse your map.

Thanks for the feedback, I really tried to pay attention to where the high traffic fighting areas would be, but also have many quick routes to get there, all while keeping the map balanced.

• Tihs only works on the beta?

• @Hitom:

Tihs only works on the beta?

Yes

• Global Moderator

its server side?

Works on dedicated servers?

• @H0ss:

its server side?

Can’t play custom maps in the live version of the game atm. To be played it needs to be ran on a beta game server, and all participants must have the map downloaded and placed into CookedSDK (gotta create that folder)

• Global Moderator

@Tree0ctopus:

@H0ss:

its server side?

Can’t play custom maps in the live version of the game atm. To be played it needs to be ran on a beta game server, and all participants must have the map downloaded and placed into CookedSDK (gotta create that folder)

Ok but I have a beta server online. I downloaded the map to the server and put it to the correct folder (server side), and in my local folder (my pc) I put also the files. But I getting this error http://snag.gy/0tsWA.jpg (in server side) when I change to your map.

• @H0ss:

@Tree0ctopus:

@H0ss:

its server side?

Ok but I have a beta server online. I downloaded the map to the server and put it to the correct folder (server side), and in my local folder (my pc) I put also the files. But I getting this error http://snag.gy/0tsWA.jpg (in server side) when I change to your map.

Idk what to say about that because I never ran the server, it was always Lg | Ronin and Lg | Breakfast Warrior, so maybe they can help you

• I imagine this has something to do with the server side, however just to be sure lets make sure you have the map in the right spot locally.

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta\UDKGame**CookedSDK**

If this folder does not exsist, then you have to make it.

The file you downloaded is a zip file. Take the “BlackHillKeep” Folder out of the zip and place it directly into CookedSDK

So it should look like this.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta\UDKGame\CookedSDK\BlackHillKeep

This applies to the server files as well. In the Server files, the map/Folder needs to be placed in \CookedSDK. Its vital these 2 folders are the same so that the server and client can coordinate.

If you are still having an issue, either respond or add me on steam Lg | Breakfast Warrior

• Hi! I tested your map, it is very nice, there are a lot of details, I really enjoyed the visit! :D

Just a few remarks:

• I can not spawn in FFA

• Some torches are lit in-game (though I see the flames in the SDK):

• I do not know if it’s voluntary, but there is no trebuchet in FFA :|

• Missing items on the scales (spawn mason) :

• Water in the well is…strange :?

• And last small detail (for the sake of realism XD), this door must be difficult to open :o :

This is not a negative review, I tell you this just to help you to improve the result, I am also a beginner in UDK I know it is not easy, we often forget things!

Otherwise, it’s a good job, I can not wait to play it on live! :o

PS: it would be fun to hear the bell ring, when we shot it with the trebuchet is a very simple manipluation with kismet ;)

• @coconuts51:

Hi! I tested your map, it is very nice, there are a lot of details, I really enjoyed the visit! :D

Just a few remarks:

• I can not spawn in FFA

• Some torches are lit in-game (though I see the flames in the SDK):

• I do not know if it’s voluntary, but there is no trebuchet in FFA :|

• Missing items on the scales (spawn mason) :

• Water in the well is…strange :?

• And last small detail (for the sake of realism XD), this door must be difficult to open :o :

This is not a negative review, I tell you this just to help you to improve the result, I am also a beginner in UDK I know it is not easy, we often forget things!

Otherwise, it’s a good job, I can not wait to play it on live! :o

PS: it would be fun to hear the bell ring, when we shot it with the trebuchet is a very simple manipluation with kismet ;)

Hi! Thanks for the feedback, I’ll look into everything you posted here :D

• wonderful map i tested and previewed it a bit in the beta client.
    was one of my favorite maps . especially the small village was well done!

hopefully u will upload that map soon in the workshop that all players always get the actual version of it XD
    thanks for your time doing it