To the developers..

• This update has improved the gameplay dramatically for the most part. Thing feel a lot more smooth and stable and the exploits have been muzzled.

Only thing I would recommend is turning down the stamina drain upon parrying/blocking. I think it’s a tad excessive and a global decrease to stamina drain would do the trick. Right now it’s hard to fight multiple enemies or even just tank. Your thoughts?

• Stamina drains are fine as they are imo. I feel that stamina management has become alot more important (as i think it should be). This adds alot more depth to combat. I’m noticing not many ppl are used to being efficient while using their stamina tho, allowing a player who is to punish them accordingly.

I’m sure once this patch settles in and ppl get used to it, we’ll get to see how great it made melee combat in chivalry

• Stamina management is an incredibly difficult thing for anyone who doesn’t read the forums to grasp. No idea how they’d know to combo parries, or why your stamina goes down if you do, nor would they know why sometimes you lose a quarter of your stamina when you parry.

• @Josh:

Stamina management is an incredibly difficult thing for anyone who doesn’t read the forums to grasp. No idea how they’d know to combo parries, or why your stamina goes down if you do, nor would they know why sometimes you lose a quarter of your stamina when you parry.

At least Torn Banner could make some video explaining new combo parries to rookies, I bet they’re confused as hell now.

• Luckily they have all those user-made videos to watch. Oh wait, those are all moot with the new patch. Well that will make it easy to find pertinent information. :?

• @Magnificent:

This update has improved the gameplay dramatically for the most part. Thing feel a lot more smooth and stable and the exploits have been muzzled.

Only thing I would recommend is turning down the stamina drain upon parrying/blocking. I think it’s a tad excessive and a global decrease to stamina drain would do the trick. Right now it’s hard to fight multiple enemies or even just tank. Your thoughts?

Youre mentaly handicaped

• @Fartman:

@Magnificent:

This update has improved the gameplay dramatically for the most part. Thing feel a lot more smooth and stable and the exploits have been muzzled.

Youre mentaly handicaped

Oh look, a completely baseless claim.

Anyways, I disagree about the stamina. I love being able to bash at someone’s shield until they run out of stamina and watch them able to do absolutely nothing while I pound at them. Or a MAA who dodged too much.

• @Event:

@Fartman:

@Magnificent Bastard:

Youre mentaly handicaped

Anyways, I disagree about the stamina. I love being able to bash at someone’s shield until they run out of stamina and watch them able to do absolutely nothing while I pound at them. Or a MAA who dodged too much.

I like the effect if withering away at someone’s stamina and then having them vulnerable to attack. I just think the stamina drains too soon. It’s a matter of degree, and perhaps it could be not as harsh. Because I know that fighters can take more hits than that. Maybe a compromise could be made.

• @Event:

@Fartman:

@Magnificent Bastard:

Youre mentaly handicaped

You mean just as baseless as the post he is responding to? Both posts are entirely subjective =p

• I feel like the stamina drain is a bit much, but I’m thinking about fighting vanguards. While normally I parry and approach I’ve recently begun using a shield, and vanguards have a really easy time jabbing you, knocking you back, moving back, and just draining your stamina by repeating this process. I’d hate to HAVE to fight vanguards without a shield, but right now it’s the only solution I can find.

• Beforehand I never really had to worry about stamina.

Now I do and I think stamina management is good for this game.

• @lemonater47:

Beforehand I never really had to worry about stamina.

Now I do and I think stamina management is good for this game.

To an extent. There is a point where it becomes excessive. We still want stamina management, but we don’t want it to where it ends fights too quickly. Keep the pace the same, but extend the race.

• Stamina potions anyone? :D

• @Ciastooh:

Stamina potions anyone? :D

Don’t forget health potions!

and speed potions
    and strength potions

hell, let’s just add a god potion that does all of the above!

• You mean just as baseless as the post he is responding to? Both posts are entirely subjective =p

It can be said almost about any thread in this section since the patch. That’s the reason why I am not taking “the game is broken” claim too seriously. Especially when I am playing the game and don’t see it.

• @Holy.Death:

You mean just as baseless as the post he is responding to? Both posts are entirely subjective =p

It can be said almost about any thread in this section since the patch. That’s the reason why I am not taking “the game is broken” claim too seriously. Especially when I am playing the game and don’t see it.

It’s just people being melodramatic about the whole patch.

Sure, not everything about the patch is good, but a lot of people are overreacting.

• To an extent. There is a point where it becomes excessive.

I don’t notice this problem really. If I am not a shield user (who relies on blocking hits, consuming stamina in the proccess) I don’t feel I am running out of stamina fast. Unless I have to combat 2 or more people which isn’t smart move in a team objective game and nobody should think it’s improper to not lose more stamina when fighting a whole group…

• Stamina in this game is a limiting factor, period. This is a fact. The less of it you have, the less you can do. Take a base pool of 100 and make it 50, and you cut in half what a player can do.

So, stamina management should obviously be important, but it shouldn’t be as important in deciding the outcome of engagements as it currently is. When a mechanic is actively dampening skill, that’s bad. And sure, managing stamina is definitely a skill, but it’s now OVERLY important if you ask me.

I can play Maul, and stam an opponent out with blocks, at which point, he’s fucked thanks to the extended “dazed” effect. There’s literally nothing he can do once that point is reached. I get a free hit in with the most powerful melee weapon in the game. This is MUCH easier to accomplish post patch and is lame as hell if you ask me.

• ^ This

• I did play a lot lately, but it’s not the maul users who I see to be gaining the upper hand post-patch and engagements seem not to end due to lack of stamina (unless the defender is overwhelmed) but in “regular” combat for the most part. Or do you mean duels (I play team objective most of the time)?