Smoke pot buff.

• Some user asked today on a server if anyone uses the smoke pot. Another user replied ‘I don’t use it, I smoke it’ which got me thinking about the subject. As the title says, the smoke pot needs some serious changes. Right now not only is the area of the smoke extremely small, the smoke is somewhat concentrated only vertically. Shouldn’t it provide more width for it to be more useful? Double/triple the amount of smoke just for the fun of it and see what happens.

As of right now I never see anyone using it. Mainly the reason being that the advantage gained from using it is non-existing. :|

• They could make it atleast when the smoke pots hit an actual person, there screen is all foggy for a certain amount of time.

• I think the smoke pot is going to be very problematic. One smoke pot doesn’t cover much area, but several can be a useful screen even now - with triple the area of an individual smoke pot, several of them will just cause a huge blackout which will make the game simply frustrating for everyone and make sneaking objectives very trivial in some cases.

I think the smoke pot could use some combat presence in addition to its screening effect to make it properly useful without making it abusive - while still receiving a modest increase in size, 20-30%, not 100-200%. Basically make smoke useful for providing a little cover, and at the same time useful for throwing it into an oncoming group of melee enemies. Maybe while fighting in smoke your stamina costs are doubled - because you’re breathing in fumes, after all.

Tertiary weapons in general could use some work. I’d love to have a little bit of ranged backup on me as a knight or man-at-arms, but even when I use a twohanded weapon as a knight, the tower shield is too tempting just to sling over my back and be immune to arrows from behind. It’s a non-interactive power boost without gameplay involved. I’m starting to really hate passive block - and at the same time throwables (save for the fire pot which is kinda ridiculous right now) are weaker on the whole than they were in AoC, where they were quick and accurate, and a single well aimed throwing axe would down an archer or MaA.

• I like that idea sly. I’ve been using the smoke pot and it really doesn’t do much beside the occasional screen from archers, which they just walk around and continue shooting.

• An effect for dizzyness would come in handy maybe? The nearer you get, the heavier the effect and your coughing.

• A pot of smoke causes dizzyness and loss of motor control? What exactly is in there?

But seriously it should have an effect besides a flimsy smoke screen. It’s smoke, propably something pretty noxius too considering how much smoke it puffs out from such a small urn.

Bigger stamina drain or slower swings while in the smoke would make it more interesting.

• Slower swings? I don’t think so, make the knights with the maul swing slower and you might take a nap inbetween their swings.

• The smoke pot needs a buff : either some kind of dizziness effect or a larger size.

• Yeah agreed it needs a buff, maybe add 20% more width.

And I hope you could carry two smoke pots at a time it to be more useful.

• @SHOT(by)GUN:

Yeah agreed it needs a buff, maybe add 20% more width.

And I hope you could carry two smoke pots at a time it to be more useful.

That would be useful indeed, but at the same time it brings about the previously mentioned problem of a few vanguards with smoke causing a mapwide blackout.

• A little bump, these kind of suggestions are pretty good and it’s difficult to disagree with them. I hope TB see this, because smoke pot still suck a bit.

• I don’t think smokepot should be buffed, as it can turn out really deadly in the hand of clan players in a clan war, if practically everyone picks smokeput and smokes the area completely. IF anything should be buffed, then its the duration.

• @wildwulfy:

I don’t think smokepot should be buffed, as it can turn out really deadly in the hand of clan players in a clan war, if practically everyone picks smokeput and smokes the area completely. IF anything should be buffed, then its the duration.

I disagree with you entirely there due to lack of evidence.

• @Martin:

@wildwulfy:

I don’t think smokepot should be buffed, as it can turn out really deadly in the hand of clan players in a clan war, if practically everyone picks smokeput and smokes the area completely. IF anything should be buffed, then its the duration.

I disagree with you entirely there due to lack of evidence.

Well, I suppose we could all gather up on RK server (When we get one) and try it out. I believe if its used in form of tactical way, that it would be useful as it is right now, if each players would throw their smokepot at many various places, thus filling up the area close to the objective, then I think its all fine… Atleast one shouldn’t be able to smoke fill the entire area.

PS:I’m cold tonight * Wink wink *

• Almost forgot my original suggestion:

Thank You devs for listening, the smoke pot is actually quite nice now :D Cheers!

• I was just going to say, the newest patch really made them effective against archers! I even use them to confuse groups of enemies, allowing me to even pick them all off easier! :P

• This topic relates to the old smoke pot, so I’ll lock it.