High ping kick

• Decent high ping kick yet ?
    High ping players are sucking life of game.

• AFAIK there are some auto-kick servers
    [image:1mtnmfrc]http://i.imgur.com/QIsmjB0.jpg[/image:1mtnmfrc]

• This post is deleted!

• We have the same problem on SEA servers (Europeans and Americans connecting to the server). We end up having to relentlessly kick people out. I feel bad because the noobs are too noobish to even read the chat, so I know they are getting kicked without knowing what is going on.

You know what would help a lot? MAKE IT OBVIOUS IN THE SERVER BROWSER THAT HIGH PING SERVERS ARE BAD.
    LESS THAN 100ms PING
    BETWEEN 100ms AND 200ms PING
    OVER 200ms PING

These noobs simply have no concept of what ping is, and just connect to servers seemingly at random. I don’t even know what their criteria are. It happens so frequently that is it simply boggling.

• Tab + B

Click on the guys name

Votekick.

Don’t forget to mention it in the chat

• This post is deleted!

• @dudeface:

You know what would help a lot? MAKE IT OBVIOUS IN THE SERVER BROWSER THAT HIGH PING SERVERS ARE BAD.
    LESS THAN 100ms PING
    OVER 200ms PING

Now that there’s a good idea.

Can we put skulls beside 400+? :)

• @dudeface:

LESS THAN 100ms PING
    OVER 200ms PING

I would prefer Torn Banner just fix a feature that should have been working before the game was released instead of working on trash like model customization :(

Ping limit not working is disgraceful

• @BlaZe:

I would prefer Torn Banner just fix a feature that should have been working before the game was released instead of working on trash like model customization :(

I can’t imagine its hard to fix. Hopefully they will prioritize it.

And I agree I couldn’t care less about customization unless I see hot archers on the field.

• Bahah

Speaking of High ping. This morning in Aus.

First FFA server I joined. 6 players, all low ping. About 15 mins later it was 15 players with about 8 people >300 ping.

So I swap servers, a 4 player FFA. ALL 300+ ping

I swap again, another 6 player FFA, ALL 300+ ping again.

WTF.

Can’t even play on a local server without it being populated by boat people.

• @BlaZe:

@dudeface:

LESS THAN 100ms PING
    OVER 200ms PING

But customisation.

I suppose in Asia and Europe there are language barriers. So votekicking someone for ping is less likely to succeed.

Though I know some people who’s sole mission is to have a kicking spree of everyone over 200 ping. People with that high ping usually clear out if that happens.

Though you are right about some people not knowing what ping is OP. Had a guy from the US east coast trying to play on an Australian server with 3 hundred ping. We asked as down here there’s lots of Internet upgrades going on and people spiking. He left once we explained that high ping is bad. He would have been playing at some ungodly time of 4am where he was.

• I saw someone getting votekicked from an official singapore server yesterday, and after the vote failed I explained why people were kicking him and that the server was in SG. “Not my fault the server is in singapore”, he said. I also suggested that for his own good he find a server that was closer to him, because the game is much better that way. His answer? “No.”

…ok?

Then he got votekicked properly and his final message was “why don’t you ASSHOLES get some servers that aren’t in FUCKING SINGAPORE.”

• @Toll:

Bahah

Speaking of High ping. This morning in Aus.

First FFA server I joined. 6 players, all low ping. About 15 mins later it was 15 players with about 8 people >300 ping.

So I swap servers, a 4 player FFA. ALL 300+ ping

I swap again, another 6 player FFA, ALL 300+ ping again.

WTF.

Can’t even play on a local server without it being populated by boat people.

The beta server we have never gets players so when the graph showed a few people on i was excited about getting some beta play in… this is what i found http://i.imgur.com/lk6ZAel.jpg

w/e its only the beta so i let them play, but yes it’s really annoying when this happens to the other servers

• People clearly don’t understand ping (or do and are trolling). The server browser should just not even show servers with over 200 ping ever- take the choice to be a laggy player off the table, it’s fun for nobody.