[WEP] Polehammer

• This is probably my favourite weapon after the patch, it´s versatile, has decent reach and speed and two-shots EVERYTHING !

basic strategies:

vs Man at arms

Doesn´t matter what attacks you choose to kill him, it will always take 2 hits.

vs Archers

You can one-shot them with an overhead headshot (does 105 damage), otherwise it´s gonna take 2 hits.

vs Vanguards

Same story as with the MAA

vs Knights

Torso hits are:

Slash: 49
    Overhead: 64
    Stab: 36

So as long as you hit him once with an overhead you can two-shot him as well.

Also, the stab charge attack is now very powerfull if you can aim it correctly and start at the right distance. It does 100 piercing damage but won´t always one-shot players if they´re on full health.
    If you aim for the head, however, you can one-shot MAAs, Archers and Vanguards.
    One big benefit from playing with the polehammer is……HEADPOPS!!! Yes, love so much popping the heads :D

• This is probably my favourite weapon after the patch, it´s versatile, has decent reach and speed and two-shots EVERYTHING !

It’s actually very short(for its class) and slow.

• @Jstorm:

This is probably my favourite weapon after the patch, it´s versatile, has decent reach and speed and two-shots EVERYTHING !

It’s actually very short(for its class) and slow.

Thankfully, that doesn’t matter because you can accelerate the overheads to lightspeed.

• @Crysack:

(…) that doesn’t matter because you can accelerate the overheads to lightspeed.

I hope you’re not talking about lookdown overheads. If so, shame on you ! Pole Hammer is my new favourite weapon. Short range, low speed and strange inertia but versatile and really fun/great.

• The reach is the downside on this weapon for sure, especially when going up against another Vanguard. But I think we can agree that the shorter reach balances its power nicely, it´s a good weapon. :)

• @Junanagou:

@Crysack:

I hope you’re not talking about lookdown overheads. If so, shame on you !

Why? I spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours playing Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy so swing dragging is like second nature to me. It was far more effective than Chivalry swing dragging and no one thought it was any less than a legitimate tactic. It boggles my mind that people think lookdown overheads are some sort of exploit in this game.

• Don’t listen to people, lookdown overheads have their weaknesses. Use them to your hearts content. Same with feints and dragging.

• @Toll:

Don’t listen to people, lookdown overheads have their weaknesses. Use them to your hearts content. Same with feints and dragging.

Pretty much.

When in Rome do what the Romans do.

• @Crysack:

@Junanagou:

@Crysack:

I hope you’re not talking about lookdown overheads. If so, shame on you !

Why? I spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours playing Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy so swing dragging is like second nature to me. It was far more effective than Chivalry swing dragging and no one thought it was any less than a legitimate tactic. It boggles my mind that people think lookdown overheads are some sort of exploit in this game.

I agree, but it’s still different coz in JK you didn’t have to rely that much on blocks.