5 simple steps to save Chivalry

• 1) Keep all the bug fixes

2) Keep the new kick mechanics and keep the alt swings fix (or preferably redo animation properly as Martin has suggested).

3) RETURN EVERYTHING ELSE TO PRE-PATCH STATE

4) Very slowly (and I mean glacially) make balance changes to weapons and bug fixes that don’t add more bugs.

5) Provide NO-FEINTS as a server option or official mod or something for those who want it.

Simple as that. Who wouldn’t be happy with this?
    If you disagree, what would your 5 step plan be to save chivalry? (Keep it as simple as possible)

• +1

• Indeed.

• Crushed and I are going to save Chivalry.

• Just the first three steps would be enough.

• @HaHawk:

Just the first three steps would be enough.

• Step 4. Remove the new TNT-tipped arrowheads that explode heads. :|

• I owuld like to add a new step ( put it wherever you want)
    -> Fix known issues like the rank glitches, unlocks resets and achievements.

• @Lulzaur:

I owuld like to add a new step ( put it wherever you want)
    -> Fix known issues like the rank glitches, unlocks resets and achievements.

@HaHawk:

Step 4. Remove the new TNT-tipped arrowheads that explode heads. :|

Well reverting to pre-patch solves the exploding heads and step 4) - taking their time with some good solid bug fixing would solve the rank glitches etc.

• I wouldn’t worry about it too much. TBS is obviously going to make changes given the amount of community feedback.

But its going to take time to figure exactly what to change. Just reverting is not moving forward. They need to parse all the complaints and figure out a strategy first.

• @gregcau:

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. TBS is obviously going to make changes given the amount of community feedback.

But its going to take time to figure exactly what to change. Just reverting is not moving forward. They need to parse all the complaints and figure out a strategy first.

You’re completely right, and I only just share your optimism. Firstly though, I don’t see reversion the same way: Good gameplay and balance have nothing to do with a perceived sense of progress over time. A good game is a good game. Even so, what I suggest is a reversion with caveats.

• Well a start could be to put the prepatch version as the “beta”, that way we could actually play “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” and not “Chivalry: Medieval Noobfare”. Until they release a new hotfix/patch.

• @Xylvion:

Well a start could be to put the prepatch version as the “beta”, that way we could actually play “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” and not “Chivalry: Medieval Noobfare”. Until they release a new hotfix/patch.

Oh god yes

• Remember guys

“None of us really know what we are doing, but we are really good at pretending that we do”

So Let’s help this folks out. One of us should post a SINGLE thread where all the wanted fixes are listed. That way people at TBS don’t have to browse 43 threads of the same complaints and the hotfix will come much faster ;)

• Not no feints, but more toned down than they are now. Or the option to set the windup cutoff as you want. Also allowing cancels after the cutoff, but a lengthy attack cooldown if you do cancel the attack after said cutoff (so cancel to parry or just cancelling to stop your attack from hitting a teammate are viable).

I’d also like crouch stamina regen to stay out. I like having to be more careful about stamina use now. Combo feint to parry would be perfectly balanced with the current stamina system, as it eats stamina like nothing else.

• @The:

Not no feints, but more toned down than they are now. Or the option to set the windup cutoff as you want. Also allowing cancels after the cutoff, but a lengthy attack cooldown if you do cancel the attack after said cutoff (so cancel to parry or just cancelling to stop your attack from hitting a teammate are viable).

I’d also like crouch stamina regen to stay out. I like having to be more careful about stamina use now. Combo feint to parry would be perfectly balanced with the current stamina system, as it eats stamina like nothing else.

The thing is I think a lot of people still won’t be happy with that. I figured the suggestion to make it a server option or an ‘official mod’ of sorts (maybe like the mutators in unreal tournament) would probably satisfy the largest number of people. Options are always good imo.

Regardless, I would rather not make this about ‘how would you personally like to tweak balance’ (granted I did this to some extent in my original post) but more about what simple action-plan could TB follow to sort this mess out.

• @CRUSHED:

@Xylvion:

Well a start could be to put the prepatch version as the “beta”, that way we could actually play “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” and not “Chivalry: Medieval Noobfare”. Until they release a new hotfix/patch.

Oh god yes

Sounds good in theory. But the reality is there would be so few playing it wouldn’t be worth it unless you were just comparing the two versions to pinpoint what the biggest issues are.

• Man can dream :?

• @Pan:

@The:

Not no feints, but more toned down than they are now. Or the option to set the windup cutoff as you want. Also allowing cancels after the cutoff, but a lengthy attack cooldown if you do cancel the attack after said cutoff (so cancel to parry or just cancelling to stop your attack from hitting a teammate are viable).

The thing is I think a lot of people still won’t be happy with that. I figured the suggestion to make it a server option or an ‘official mod’ of sorts (maybe like the mutators in unreal tournament) would probably satisfy the largest number of people. Options are always good imo.

Regardless, I would rather not make this about ‘how would you personally like to tweak balance’ (granted I did this to some extent in my original post) but more about what simple action-plan could TB follow to sort this mess out.

The only problem with too many options, you tend to divide the community. Fortunately Chivalry does seem to have a decent population for now. I hope that persists.

• @Pan:

! 1) Keep all the bug fixes
    !
    ! 2) Keep the new kick mechanics and keep the alt swings fix (or preferably redo animation properly as Martin has suggested).
    !
    ! 3) RETURN EVERYTHING ELSE TO PRE-PATCH STATE
    !
    ! 4) Very slowly (and I mean glacially) make balance changes to weapons and bug fixes that don’t add more bugs.
    !
    ! 5) Provide NO-FEINTS as a server option or official mod or something for those who want it.
    !
    ! Simple as that. Who wouldn’t be happy with this?
    ! If you disagree, what would your 5 step plan be to save chivalry? (Keep it as simple as possible)

I fully agree (except for removing the charge attack buff). It would make my month of TBS actually did this but I doubt they will go through with it.