List the wanted fixes here

• I think the only way to help TBS is to have a rant-free thread in which all the desired fixes are listed, so that the team can focus in one thread rather than browsing 43 different posts.

There must be some criteria so that this thread doesn’t become a 35-paged monster. I don’t want another angry rant post, so write here your final thoughts. I’ll add the fixes to the main post.

Example:

INCORRECT way -> I WANT AGATHIANS TO BE NAVY BLUE LOLOLLOL TBS SUX MASON ARCHERS ARE TOO RED.

CORRECT way -> Man I feel the longsword was nerfed too hard. Also the pre-patch combo feint to parry was okay to me.

Wanted fixes

! - Rank and weapon reset bugs
    ! - Archer bugs (arrow loss when cancelling a bow shot, no stickies, arrows exploding heads)
    ! - Colission detection issues; being hit out of range and hits ghosting through people
    ! - Archers seem way too powerful. Arrows seem to defy laws of gravity and are close to a 50 caliber round
    ! - Lookdown OH with polehammer makes it the new bardiche
    ! - Without combo feint to parry, fighting MaAs seems vastly more difficult. While not advocating the return of combo feint to parry, MaAs need another tweak
    ! - Flinch times seem a bit too much now, they were fine before
    ! - No unfeintable windows; instead make the feint have a 0.4 cooldown
    ! - When you jump close to someone, or jump kick someone, you’re stuck on him and he’s got a freehit most of the time
    ! - The sprint lockout makes it difficult to swap targets, especially in 2 v 2 situations
    ! - Claymore now seems to be ridiculously fast, the polehammer two-shots everything and the spears are to be feared
    ! - The Bardiche’s charge attack speed is way too powerful
    ! - The thrusting dagger makes the broad dagger useless
    ! - Revert SoW/Longsword changes. The suggested values for the SoW are overhead combo time from 0.65 to 0.7, and the overhead windup time from 0.5 to 0.55

• Fix rank and weapon reset bug
    • Fix archer bugs (arrow loss when canceling bow shot, no stickies, arrows exploding heads)

• I’d like to see a few collision-detection fixes. Invisible edges and such. It’s a minor inconvenience, but it’s irritating at times. I was trying to flee from two knights that ambushed me on Frigid today, and I got stuck between two trees, so my body ended up in pieces.

I was all like :archb: and they were like :berz: :berz: and then I was like :shock: and then I ended up like :-x

I personally like to have the weapon values reset occasionally, as long as one style of play isn’t ruined because of it.

I like going through and trying out the “new” weapons after a patch. It opens your mind to a new style of play. Right now, the knight weapons are the Double-bitted Ax, the Maul, and the Grand Mace, with a much less heavy focus on bastard swords. The only bastard sword I’ve seen post-patch is the Grosse Messer. A big change in the entire gameplay, with just a few buffs/nerfs.

• @RushSecond:

This and fixing the achievements

I would also add (not a priority at all) fixing the tutorial, since it’s buggy as hell.

• Definitely the collision detection issues- being hit out of range and hits ghosting through people.

• Fix the female model

• @RushSecond:

• Fix archer bugs (arrow loss when canceling bow shot, no stickies, arrows exploding heads)

This and make the bubble smaller.

• Lookdown OH with polehammer makes it the new bardiche
    • Without combo feint to parry, fighting MaAs seems vastly more difficult. While not advocating the return of combo feint to parry, MaAs need another tweak

• Flinch times reverted.

Unfeintable window reverted.

Combo-feints are non-punishable without those 2 changes reverted.

• The 200ms no feint window makes it nearly impossible to cancel an attack to save hitting a team mate. Let us cancel attacks in those last 200ms but give a 0.4-0.5s cooldown before you can attack or parry again.

Doing combos now is suicide. The panic parry should be able to be done in the windup of a combo attack (at least I don’t recall being able to do one then)

Remove the facehug collision bubble and instead make the weapon ricochet off the character you’re facehugging (similar to swinging into a wall) and make non-sword weapons (such as ones with poles) only do a little bit of damage, to mimic the effect of only getting hit by the pole of a long weapon.

In addition, longer weapons that would start a stab attack very close to or inside a character model will also ricochet and do less damage, to simulate the effect of a stab with little force behind it.

• -The fuking jump stuck bug, when you jump close to someone, or jump kick someone, you’re stuck on him and he’s got a freehit most of the time

-The sprint lockout is the worse change of the patch i think // dancing vanguard was never OP, and they are the reason of this, but this impact every class and teamplay like 2v2, for a maa for exemple, you will try to hit someone, he’s gonna block, then since you have a tiny reach weapon, you’re gonna sprint and try to hit again but you can’t sprint, this impact a lot the teamplay in 2v2 to, you can’t swap properly, and of course the 1v2/3 situation.

• -Improve hit detection- so many times I have been hit by a weapon I was obviously out of range of, by a player with good ping

-Revert Claymore and spear polearms- The claymore is ridiculously fast, it was fine the way it was before. As for spears, they are too good. Now I fear anyone I see wielding a spear/brandistock/fork

-Nerf Archers- crossbow increased velocity and other changes are unnecessary. Sometimes I will see TO games with one side stacked full of almost all archers, and winning too. Chivalry should be about melee combat

-Revert Thrusting Dagger- Now the Broad Dagger is obsolete. It was fine as it was before

-No more Messer OHK vs Maa

-Maa proper sprint speed- I saw in another patch the maa now sprint as fast as vanguards. This should be fixed

-Buff shields- it takes way too long to put them down and strike

-Maa war axe needs a small buff

-Fix bardiche ridiculous charge attack speed

-Revert Flinch Times

-FIX RANK BUG- I went from level 38 to 46 a long time ago and it still hasn’t changed back. There is also bugs making people level 0

That’s all I can think of at the moment.

• Revert SoW/Longsword changes. Increase SoW overhead combo time from 0.65 to 0.7 and overhead windup time from 0.5 to 0.55. That’s all it would have took.

• @wyrda78:

-Improve hit detection- so many times I have been hit by a weapon I was obviously out of range of, by a player with good ping

-Revert Claymore and spear polearms- The claymore is ridiculously fast, it was fine the way it was before. As for spears, they are too good. Now I fear anyone I see wielding a spear/brandistock/fork

-Nerf Archers- crossbow increased velocity and other changes are unnecessary. Sometimes I will see TO games with one side stacked full of almost all archers, and winning too. Chivalry should be about melee combat

-Revert Thrusting Dagger- Now the Broad Dagger is obsolete. It was fine as it was before

-Maa proper sprint speed- I saw in another patch the maa now sprint as fast as vanguards. This should be fixed

-Revert Flinch Times

-FIX RANK BUG- I went from level 38 to 46 a long time ago and it still hasn’t changed back. There is also bugs making people level 0

So basically nerf everything while buffing MAA…

• @Event:

@wyrda78:

-Improve hit detection- so many times I have been hit by a weapon I was obviously out of range of, by a player with good ping

-Revert Flinch Times

So basically nerf everything while buffing MAA…

Lol, Well quite the contrary for the spear. As someone who always uses the spear. The spear is extremely bad now. I’ll agree on the Fork and Brandistock, The Fork is so fast now. No one I verse is prepared for the Fork because they pretty don’t expect it to be as fast as it is now and the Brandistock has no drawbacks it’s pretty much a blatant upgrade on the spear rendering the spear obsolete.

I’ve used the Bardiche and you’re correct the charge time is far too fast, I’m pretty sure this is a bug though and not something the developers intended in the balancing of that weapon, But now that the windup speeds have increased on the Bardiche now it’s more viable than the Halbred because the Halbred although being a well rounded polearm the damage drop-off compared to the Bardiche makes the Bardiche more viable.

Just my thoughts.

• Is there something wrong with vanguard swings? I was playing at 170 ping which is obviously not optimal but i can’t seem to consistently block vanguard greatsword swings - I could however generally block swings from faster classes like MAA’s. I’m guessing the graphic isn’t synchronized with the hit box for this weapon. Anybody get the same problem?

• @Event:

The 200ms no feint window makes it nearly impossible to cancel an attack to save hitting a team mate. Let us cancel attacks in those last 200ms but give a 0.4-0.5s cooldown before you can attack or parry again.

Doing combos now is suicide. The panic parry should be able to be done in the windup of a combo attack (at least I don’t recall being able to do one then)

Remove the facehug collision bubble and instead make the weapon ricochet off the character you’re facehugging (similar to swinging into a wall) and make non-sword weapons (such as ones with poles) only do a little bit of damage, to mimic the effect of only getting hit by the pole of a long weapon.

In addition, longer weapons that would start a stab attack very close to or inside a character model will also ricochet and do less damage, to simulate the effect of a stab with little force behind it.

I’m liking the ideas. I’m not sure how the ricochet would work in practice, but it seems like something to try.

Also in favor of reverting flinch times, nerfing archers, removing the sprint lockout and fixing all the bugs (rank, collision detection, etc).

• @SirBlade:

Lol, Well quite the contrary for the spear. As someone who always uses the spear. The spear is extremely bad now. I’ll agree on the Fork and Brandistock, The Fork is so fast now. No one I verse is prepared for the Fork because they pretty don’t expect it to be as fast as it is now and the Brandistock has no drawbacks it’s pretty much a blatant upgrade on the spear rendering the spear obsolete.

I’ve used the Bardiche and you’re correct the charge time is far too fast, I’m pretty sure this is a bug though and not something the developers intended in the balancing of that weapon, But now that the windup speeds have increased on the Bardiche now it’s more viable than the Halbred because the Halbred although being a well rounded polearm the damage drop-off compared to the Bardiche makes the Bardiche more viable.

Just my thoughts.

Hmm, I feel that the spear (only one I’ve used of the 3 long pole weapons since the patch) is much better now with the knockback. I can backpedal while versing 3 enemies and keep them out of range long enough to kill 2 of them before the 3rd one can move in to hit me, as long as none of them are knights (then I have to be a bit more careful :p)

• @Martin:

• Revert SoW/Longsword changes. Increase SoW overhead combo time from 0.65 to 0.7 and overhead windup time from 0.5 to 0.55. That’s all it would have took.

This please. This would have balanced the SoW which was in my opinion, mildly overpowered because of the combo times and the fact that the overhead was pretty decent as well when it was intended to be a stabbing weapon. The longsword was just fine the way it was, but I would accept reverting the timings and keeping the damage nerf as it was a bit unfair to consistently 2-shot vanguards. However, returning the old timings would make the weapon worthy again of being called the most balanced weapon in the game. Unfortunately, it is nowhere close to being that anymore.

Why can we not have all the weapons be viable? Instead, we have some nerfed into oblivion and some buffed into monsters.