IF IT'S NOT BROKEN DON'T FIX IT (New Patch goes wrong)

• The Game was fine the way it was. Why would you change it? Just fix the bugs and leave the gameplay alone PLEASE. A lot of us bought the game based on what we’ve experienced during the freeweekend speacial. Now I feel like going back to Warband and WOTR. However, I can’t because of how awesome the cinematic gameplay was from the patch before. So now I’m stuck in duel making people’s lives miserable killing them with awkward tricks and moves.
    Note: I’ve never complained about anything in life until now. I guess maybe it’s because I feel ripped off for false advertisement.

• The entire game was broken before, and now they devs fixed what was broken before and broke everything else. Its what you get when u buy an indy product of devs that make 2 patches every year.

• @theuprising:

The entire game was broken before, and now they devs fixed what was broken before and broke everything else. Its what you get when u buy an indy product of devs that make 2 patches every year.

They have done four major patches since release.

• Wow, another one of these? inb4 lock, seriously.

And all the stuff you did in that video can be done in the current patch, lol.

• Look how the old fights played out.

Oh, I remember old fights. Face-hugging made blocking/parrying counter-intuitive (especially for shields). People were dancing through enemies, swinging their weapons right and left. Others were speeding up their attacks to ridiculous levels. The new fights are much better in comparison.

Now compare it to the silliness this new patch produces.

Silly are the players there… Also, the video-maker is using flail and this weapon is one of these which will surely require balancing as they got the short end of the stick in this patch. Besides, they were using it improperly (no shield-bashing, no shield-stabbing).

• Well, whatever. The following forum with votes speaks for it’s self:
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14835&start=200

• @Holy.Death:

Look how the old fights played out.

Oh, I remember old fights. Face-hugging made blocking/parrying counter-intuitive (especially for shields). People were dancing through enemies, swinging their weapons right and left. Others were speeding up their attacks to ridiculous levels. The new fights are much better in comparison.

@29fjwij0:

Now compare it to the silliness this new patch produces.

Silly are the players there… Also, the video-maker is using flail and this weapon is one of these which will surely require balancing as they got the short end of the stick in this patch. Besides, they were using it improperly (no shield-bashing, no shield-stabbing).

Im glad I am not the only one who likes the gameplay changes. I feel like I need to voice my opinion much louder before the progress gets drowned by the angry and overly present patch critics.

• Im glad I am not the only one who likes the gameplay changes. I feel like I need to voice my opinion much louder before the progress gets drowned by the angry and overly present patch critics.

Well, the patch critics are trying to protect their own interests. Everybody does. I simply disagree with game being broken. The game has changed, but it ain’t broken nor it’s unfun. People’s opinions are always divided. There is no real way to judge if changes are good or bad unless you take a look at stats of people who’re playing the game. I think the developers themselves are waiting to see if numbers are rising or not, because being vocal on forums isn’t necessarily majority’s vote.

Well, whatever. The following forum with votes speaks for it’s self:
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14835&start=200

Did you take closer look at the numbers?

• With a Devil and Angel on my shoulder I have two sides.

The Evil side says:
    Well I hope they make two separate games.
    one for the 1/4 population being you guys, and the another for the 3/4 of the population who hates the patch.

But on the fair side my angel would say that we need to compromise:
    1. Buff the Knights and vanguards
    2. Buff the stamina
    3. Lower the arrow speed.
    4. Fix feint to parry (what ever that is) so we don’t hit or kill our teammates.
    5. The compromise: Everything else is cool.
    6. BUT FIX THEM GOT DAMN BUGS.

What would you guys add or take away from that list?

• @leedime:

With a Devil and Angel on my shoulder I have two sides.

• The Evil side says: Well I hope they make two separate games. one for the 1/4 population being you guys, and the another for the 3/4 of the population who hates the patch.

Anyone can make up numbers, but that makes them no less true.

• @Holy.Death:

The Evil side says: Well I hope they make two separate games. one for the 1/4 population being you guys, and the another for the 3/4 of the population who hates the patch.

Anyone can make up numbers, but that makes them no less true.

That’s the devils side remember?

• @leedime:

The Evil side says:
    Well I hope they make two separate games.
    one for the 1/4 population being you guys, and the another for the 3/4 of the population who hates the patch.

That poll you or someone else linked to shows that 49%, or just under half, disliked the patch, 46% were fine with the patch (31% saying it needed a few changes), and a few people didn’t have an opinion.

I’d say that’s a pretty even divide.

• But that still only really means 15% were actually happy with it. The 31% saying it could have been better don’t necessarily agree on which parts they liked/disliked.

Either way, the majority want changes.

• I agree. I hate the game now and the fact thats devs are still busy with new patches suggest that gameplay will change again. Getting sick of it because by the time im used to this it will get changed again. :x

• TIL a lot of people have trouble adapting to change

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@leedime:

Right in the nostalgia, oof!

• Either way, the majority want changes.

The majority of among those who voted at this specific poll at this specific time. Is this really a majority of the overall playerbase voting or just everybody who happened to see the voting poll? There are thousands of people playing and maybe not even bothering to cast their vote or not knowing about it. Until poll is concerning everyone (like elections where the whole country has a right to vote) there is uncertainty concerning its validity.

TIL a lot of people have trouble adapting to change

That’s why I am for watching steamgraph for a week or two from now on. It’ll more reliably tell if people are liking the change (and thus playing) or not.

• @Event:

TIL a lot of people have trouble adapting to change

It is not even about adapting. Many of the high lvl players have adapted fairly well already to the changes. We simply argue that the game has become less fun, less fluid, and overall less visceral than before. The excessive restrictions on feinting basically destroy the beauty that was the real time strike combat system where you had almost complete control over your strikes. It was the fluidity and freedom of combat removed that makes the game so much less enjoyable and what massively lowered the skill ceiling.

Also @holy.death, not quite fair to wait for the steamgraph. There was just a sale on steam, so the numbers will likely peak and plateau for a period of time.

• Also @holy.death, not quite fair to wait for the steamgraph. There was just a sale on steam, so the numbers will likely peak and plateau for a period of time.

I know. It cloudies the reception of this patch, but what other method of judging if people like this patch - or not - we do have? Polls are extremely small, opinions very subjective and just as fractured… I don’t claim what majority likes because I simply don’t know. I know what I experience and it’s the opposite of what some people experience (while similiar to the other people), but there is little you can judge from that and trying to extrapolate that on overall playerbase would be not fair either.