Votekicked

• So I was just playing on LTS #10, and I lost my unlocks, hit “reconnect” etc, got back in, was teamkilled immediately, and in less than thirty seconds I get votekicked for an unspecified reason. Team damage was at 0%, and the vote passed with 66%.

I don’t know what I’m hoping to accomplish with this thread. Rage is permeating my soul and flowing out through my keyboard.

• How many people were on the server?

• It was pretty full, for a 32 player server.

• Someone probably doesn’t like you and called a votekick and as usual everyone voted yes like sheep.

• @Goden:

Someone probably doesn’t like you and called a votekick and as usual everyone voted yes like sheep.

Not down here. It would have failed.

• Someone probably doesn’t like you and called a votekick and as usual everyone voted yes like sheep.

Most of the time I see votes people don’t vote “yes” if team damage % is low (below 20% is my personal number) and there is no “idle time” or it’s really low. Sometimes people vote “yes” because person was annoying on chat, sometimes there is no reason one can think of. I think it was a mistake (somebody wanted to kick other person, but missclicked) and people just voted “yes”. I find this rare, but it happens from time to time.

• I’m not trying to insult you when I say this. The last time I saw you on the LTS server, you were arguing with trolls who found you easy bait.

My guess is that you went into the server, argued with all your effort in an attempt to defend your manliness, and you came off as obtrusive. The troll that reeled you in made you the antagonist, rallied the support of the other server dwellers by appealing to their senses of sadism or annoyance with your attitude, and called a vote to get you kicked. If you hadn’t ticked off the less cruel side of the server, you wouldn’t have been kicked, because there aren’t enough trolls to kick you on their own vote alone.

My advice to you is that you don’t need to argue with people. The need to argue shows insecurity in your beliefs. Just forget about the trolls and go on with your life. You’ll be much happier when you tune out the influence of fools and simply be confident with yourself.

• So uh, I got back on a few hours ago, and was immediately targeted by several trolls. I told them in no uncertain terms to bug off, and they called a votekick.

The funny part?

It failed, with only 18% YES. The trolls promptly attempted to vote each other out, and they succeeded.

Sometimes I just don’t understand people.

DerFurst, you were right, I guess I was feeding the trolls. Turns out, however, that in the absence of suitable prey, a troll of sufficient calibre will resort to cannibalism to feed itself, even if this leads to its destruction.

Join us next time for Marty Stouffer’s “Wild Chivalry”.

• Votekickers are a strange breed.

• @lemonater47:

@Goden:

Someone probably doesn’t like you and called a votekick and as usual everyone voted yes like sheep.

It’s been strange and inconsistant lately. On NSW TO i saw someone call a votekick on some guy with 40 ping, no idle time and -10% team damage “because he smells funny” and it went through with something like 70% yes. And on a different TO server, i forget which one, people started raging over a string of inappropriate kicks that all failed. Then someone tried to kick a greifer with 58% team damage and it failed too!

• @Ready:

@lemonater47:

@Goden:

It’s been strange and inconsistant lately. On NSW TO i saw someone call a votekick on some guy with 40 ping, no idle time and -10% team damage “because he smells funny” and it went through with something like 70% yes. And on a different TO server, i forget which one, people started raging over a string of inappropriate kicks that all failed. Then someone tried to kick a greifer with 58% team damage and it failed too!

I never see you in game. What’s your username?

Also the sale has brought its fair share of new dicks.

I have also noticed that on all servers other than the games.on.net ones are full of dicks.

So play on them. I think people know that games.on.net takes shit from no man.

And I’m admin there now so safer.

• @Carolean:

Turns out, however, that in the absence of suitable prey, a troll of sufficient calibre will resort to cannibalism to feed itself, even if this leads to its destruction.

Thanks for this! :)

• Current name is Spatsinator Grey, i’ve actually been looking out for you. I only play 2 or 3 times a week and mostly during the day. My rank shows as 46 for some reason but i should be rank 42. I normally play on the full rotation servers.