Still waiting on a good melee combat game

• All this game showed us is how difficult it is to approach melee combat. It also showed us how you can sell people a buggy, broken, alpha product with good publicity. Like its almost been a year and the game still is fundamentally broken design-wise.

• As much as people like to mock the M&B style of melee combat I have to give it credit that it is very clear in how it works. It hides no secrets and requires no exploits. The victor is the one who is the most precise and has the best footwork.

• @Goden:

As much as people like to mock the M&B style of melee combat I have to give it credit that it is very clear in how it works. It hides no secrets and requires no exploits. The victor is the one who is the most precise and has the best footwork.

I always find that the victor is the one who mashes LMB the most. Balance, skill. Mount and blade has none of that.

• @lemonater47:

@Goden:

As much as people like to mock the M&B style of melee combat I have to give it credit that it is very clear in how it works. It hides no secrets and requires no exploits. The victor is the one who is the most precise and has the best footwork.

I always find that the victor is the one who mashes LMB the most. Balance, skill. Mount and blade has none of that.

This is the equivalent of some noob playing Chivalry for 10 mins with the claymore mashing m1 and posting the same exact thing on these forums saying “Chiv is all M1”

• @theuprising:

All this game showed us is how difficult it is to approach melee combat. It also showed us how you can sell people a buggy, broken, alpha product with good publicity. Like its almost been a year and the game still is fundamentally broken design-wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLB9PlqkONo

• @lemonater47:

The victor is the one who mashes LMB the most.
    Balance, skill. Mount and blade has none of that.

Are you serious ? How wrong you are. I really pity you if that was not a joke.

• Well, Jedi Academy is still the best melee combat game, but I think Chivalry is close despite all these bugs.
    M&B is nothing compared to Chivalry imo.

• I’ve got 4 lightsabers to share, you guys want to bring your own and go to the park?

I doubt a perfect melee combat game will ever come out unless virtual reality comes out.
    Edit: Otherwise, it’ll have to be ultra innovative and fun in it’s own way.