Fork attacking between my combos?

• Hey guys I just had a duel with a guy. I got the feeling he was moving a bit fast, and I’m thinking he might have been speed hacking. Normally I don’t throw those accusations around, but I want to know if this scenario is possible:

I parry combo him with the longsword, I hit with the parry combo and continue the combo with an overhead. Mid swing in the overhead he uses the fork stab to hit me and kills me.

Is this possible with the new game mechanics? Or did I actually fight a hacker?

• Flinch was allways realy short and fast weapons can definitly hit you if you do 2 seperate attacks with lets say the broadsword.
    The question is did he hit you in windup or were you in release.
    Because of short flinch you are basicly forced to lookdown or stab so your weapon hit the moment you hit release. If you give him extra 0.2 sec he can definitliy hit you before you.

• I did a parry riposte stab, then followed up with my overhead.

He was able to windup, release, and then hit me before the second hit of my combo, which was the overhead (I did a parry riposte stab and overhead combo- and the stab hit).

He did hit me in release, but my understanding is that if I’m comboing you can’t successfully attack before you’re able to defend the combo.

I guess my concern with this is if the stab on the fork is so quick that he can recover and attack me between combo hits there’s a serious issue. If you can’t (and you really shouldn’t be able to, at least based on my understanding of the game) then I guess he was speed hacking?

• I’m not sure about what you described above, as I simply don’t have much experience with the heavier classes, but my 2 cents:

I have seen a massive influx of hackers lately- 3 two nights ago on LTS 10, and then another last night who was slightly less obvious but still easy to spot in spectator mode.

I believe the earlier three were the same people re-entering after their kick was over, I tried to join the moderator group, but I had problems logging in, and I didn’t see anyone I could PM on the forums.

The ones I’ve seen were zipping around the map- one of them was actually named “Zippy=]”.

• @Carolean:

I’m not sure about what you described above, as I simply don’t have much experience with the heavier classes, but my 2 cents:

I have seen a massive influx of hackers lately- 3 two nights ago on LTS 10, and then another last night who was slightly less obvious but still easy to spot in spectator mode.

I believe the earlier three were the same people re-entering after their kick was over, I tried to join the moderator group, but I had problems logging in, and I didn’t see anyone I could PM on the forums.

The ones I’ve seen were zipping around the map- one of them was actually named “Zippy=]”.

I saw one named “Speedy” earlier, kind of funny you found “Zippy” :).

This guy was Ezralice (Ezralease? something like that). He was level 38, and I’m surprised he had lost so many duels due to how fast his stabs where hitting. Normally I’d write him off as a hacker because I don’t believe this should have happened, but since he had lost so many matches I’m left with some doubt.

And this doubt is leaving me with doubt about that damn fork. I’m a little more clear in the head than I was earlier this morning, I imagine if the fork had this ability that someone would have said something by now, right?

• Is this possible with the new game mechanics? Or did I actually fight a hacker?

I think it’s possible but depends heavily on weapons - I was using flail in my own test phase and I experienced the guy who attacked me between my own overhead comboses as well. However, I didn’t see this with weapons like double axe’s overheads, so I think it’s how weapons’ stats are set not real hacking. Spear tier weapons are quite fast indeed in this patch.

• The fork seems very powerful now, very fast especially up close.

• I doubt you fought a hacker, they broke the spears with this patch. As far as I’m aware, nothing is supposed to be able to hit you during a combo. That said I’ve been hit mid combo by a Brandistock stab, the Fork is faster so its safe to assume if Brandi can do it Fork can too.

• Since the patch has been released I have been using the spears here and there when playing Random Random.

The Fork is lightning quick now, and it is completely possible to flinch your opponent mid combo if they’re not fast enough, I do it to players all the time.
    Tank the riposte stab, hit them mid combo if your character isn’t flinched, then continue attacking after you have interrupted their combo.

Also be careful if the Vanguard is close, if they get a riposte stab off the Fork, you have to have super fast reaction times (and good ping) to parry it.

• I did a parry riposte stab, then followed up with my overhead.

He was able to windup, release, and then hit me before the second hit of my combo, which was the overhead (I did a parry riposte stab and overhead combo- and the stab hit).

I had this almost the same scenario happen to me, it was a standard spear though.

I used a broad sword riposte stab to overhead, before my killing overhead hit, he did a windup-release with his fork and kill me. My stab hit him.

HOWEVER I spoke to him after chat going WTF is this true? He said he parried my riposte, this is congruent with what the server reported (I died to his fork).
    So I think it was a desync, my client thought the riposte connected and let me combo my overhead, however the server was LOL NOPE YOU DIE NAOW!