About to get this…

• So i saw the steam sale and i am about to get Chivalry.

ive watched reviews and it looks awesome. the only thing i want to make sure is that it has an active player base?

I’ve bought some games in the past that were so fun but not alot of people were playing them…

• yes get the game, its awesome.
    although it still needs sum work u should still get it and join us in the fight for the best chivalry possible

• This game is one of the most newbie unfriendly FPS games you could possibly buy. Hit the link in my signature to find out why.

I would hold off until they actually make it enjoyable to play for newcomers. If you pick it up now you will do nothing except spend countless hours getting vaporized by players 300x your skill level.

• @Goden:

This game is one of the most newbie unfriendly FPS games you could possibly buy. Hit the link in my signature to find out why.

I would hold off until they actually make it enjoyable to play for newcomers. If you pick it up now you will do nothing except spend countless hours getting vaporized by players 300x your skill level.

That isn’t true, buy the game it’s amazing!

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Goden:

This game is one of the most newbie unfriendly FPS games you could possibly buy. Hit the link in my signature to find out why.

That isn’t true, buy the game it’s amazing!

If it isn’t true then why is this game shedding players so fast?

• Get it. This is really the first game I know of to have decent first-person melee combat. That should be reason alone to get it. Prior to the recent patch it WAS basically one of my favourite games I’ve ever played. The patch changed that, much to my dismay, but there is still hope.

• Now is not the time. The most recent patch ruined the game in a lot of peoples’ eyes, and they should not be rewarded for this. I would watch these forums and wait to see if they revert changes or not. This game is honestly not 1/2 as fun as it used to be.

• Now IS the time. TB made the game much more intuitive with the latest patch.

• ive watched reviews and it looks awesome. the only thing i want to make sure is that it has an active player base?

Yes, there people playing the game. Right now even more than before. However I can’t say to you that you’ll like this game or not. That’s something one has to experience for himself. The newest patch made combat more intuitive for newcomers (or, as some claim, lowered the skill ceiling) so I’d say it’s worth try to find out. Especially when you’re buying it cheaper than usual.

More precise data is here: http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action= … pid=219640

By the way, you guys are silly (all of you). He ain’t asking about your opinions on the game itself and yet you try to put your opinion everywhere. I am sure the man is perfectly capable of having his own.

• If stuff like this doesn’t piss you off, go for it:

3_qu4E_FLc0

• There is plenty of people to play with, Don’t let the toxicity in this thread deter you from getting the game, Besides it’s 8 bucks you seriously can’t go wrong.

• thanks for the input guys.

yeah i spend more on lunch sometimes so …. why NOT… gonna find out for myself!

• when u get it come try this server ~RD~ Modded Matrix Mayhem
    admin is on everyday and its a fun friendly place to play,with alot of awesome mods,
    as well as the most fast paced epic hardcore action u will find in chivalry hands down!

• @AngryDave:

If stuff like this doesn’t piss you off, go for it:

3_qu4E_FLc0

That’s a problem with servers not updating scripts for weapons that had their damage values changed.

• This game is moe fun for noobs who are quick to learn.

Long time players snipe at everything here.

The game is better than what these guys here are saying.

And there’s tons of players. Just been boosted from the sale.

• By the time you are used to the game they will change everything again. Dont buy it.

• I you are succeptable to human nature don’t buy it.

People hate change and always think the past is better than it was and the present is worse that it is. People also tend to think the future will be better than it actually will be.

This is why people are never happy.

The game is fine for a newbie. The game is fine for me.

They just changed too much in one go. So people bitch about it. There won’t be a path this big again. I’m sure they will do smaller patches.

And the next patch is customisation.

• @lemonater47:

I you are succeptable to human nature don’t buy it.

People hate change and always think the past is better than it was and the present is worse that it is. People also tend to think the future will be better than it actually will be.

This is why people are never happy.

You are pathetic. Instead of arguments why the game has gotten better you discredit people who dislike the patch with this kind of bullshit which cannot be counter-argued.

• I hope you got the game while it was on sale. If you did I look forward to seeing you out there.

The game community is actually pretty nice, especially if you’re willing to ask for help. If you’re in game and you don’t understand something you should just ask about it. I saw a guy spectate through 30+ duel matches and give advice to another newer player the other day simply because he asked for some advice. This more advanced player got absolutely nothing out of it other than a small role in helping to build the community, and you’ll find a lot of this actually in game.

If you play this game I would honestly suggest you stay off of these forums for a while and just enjoy playing the game. There are some things going on, and while I feel a lot of the bitterness is justified there’s no need to expose yourself to it. You won’t understand most of it for a while anyway, and there’s a possibility you just won’t ever understand some of it because it got cut or changed from the game.

Good luck, and happy hunting!

• The game is GAINING players. Don’t let the vocal butthurt minority tell you otherwise. Some people are upset because they fixed the gimmicky tactics they used to run through unskilled players. The game is more skill based now than it was before the patch.

It’s worth buying.