I understand the need for class diversity, but..

• I understand the need for class diversity, but…

Why on earth would I play MaA? And why play anything else but Xbow-men?
    I bought this game thinking it would have fun melee combat.

I was wrong. This game seems to be who ever has more Xbow-men on their team wins. Firmly regret my purchase already. Been struggling against Archers. When I go into melee with them, they simply switch to the fastest swinging melee weapon in the game and spam. Get lucky, then proceed to call me bad in chat.

This is call of duty now.

• @westomopresto:

Why on earth would I play MaA?

To 1v1 everyone on the enemy team, and have an easy time during those 1v1s.

See here for an MAA that will actually be fun:
    viewtopic.php?f=84&t=14962

• @westomopresto:

This game seems to be who ever has more Xbow-men on their team wins. Firmly regret my purchase already. Been struggling against Archers. When I go into melee with them, they simply switch to the fastest swinging melee weapon in the game and spam. Get lucky, then proceed to call me bad in chat.
    This is call of duty now.**

CALL OF CHIVALRY: MEDIEVAL BUTTSEX.

8-)

Even better since it’s COC(k).

• You would have liked the pre-patch version then crossbowmen got OP with the new one.

• Bad time to buy the game my friend, that sale was a trap:

[image:3ge9no4l]http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/files/2012/04/bear-trap-460x288.jpg[/image:3ge9no4l]

Now there’s no turning back

• YOU SEE NOW, TORN BANNER? YOU SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE??

Kongen votes for reverting bad patch naow!

• Heavy crossbow can could always 1 hit MAA.

In my experiance its the man at arms that does better against an archer in melee.

• Why on earth would I play MaA? And why play anything else but Xbow-men?

Vanguards and knights are still viable classes to go. Knights have shields and fast secondary weapons, so I don’t experience problem with killing archers all that much. Saying it’s down to crossbowmen is a complete lie as I see a plenty of knights and vanguards on both team too.

• I discovered there’s such thing as NO ARCHERS servers.

My love for melee combat can continue!

• @westomopresto:

Why on earth would I play MaA?

Fast and agile fighters and very strong duelists. Great for flanking or picking off stragglers.

@westomopresto:

And why play anything else but Xbow-men?

Because a team of snipers will fail most of the time. Also there are shields - people just seem to forget about them. Crossbows are easy and damaging - a typical peasants weapon. And thats why you see so many people using it. But your team needs other weapons to be effective.

@westomopresto:

I bought this game thinking it would have fun melee combat. […] I was wrong.

I bought this game because it said “Medieval Warfare”. It was right.

@westomopresto:

When I go into melee with them, they simply switch to the fastest swinging melee weapon in the game and spam.

Keep your distance and don’t panic. These guys have almost no armor. With most weapons its enough if you hit them once. You do not need to block every single strike. Block one or just make him miss and crush his head.

@westomopresto:

This is call of duty now.

I loved the good old Pistol Bash!

• Theres also servers with archer limits, which makes it just fine. Crossbows (thats how they are spelled, not with an X) are deadly, sure, but take a good moment to reload, and the archer class it self as has been stated has pretty low armor. I rage about how OP archers are all the time but actually play one and you see not only is it really hard to hit moving targets in this game, its really easy to die. Play on a server with the usual 4 archer limit and you wont hate them so much.

• This post is deleted!

• CALL OF XBOW : MODERN BUTTHURT

• @popo_joe:

CALL OF XBOW : MODERN BUTTHURT

Call of Xbow: modern vanguard

• Someone mentioned call of duty so ima mention planetside 2. Wouldn’t it be awesome if like… You had planetside 2’s masses of people and chivalry’s combat on a massive scale taking over castles and shit? It’d be awesome. /randommomentended

EDIT: And don’t say that we already have that because the cap of players is 64 at the most. When on planetside 2 it’s in the THOUSANDS. And it’s just a single map game mode not a consistent territory control takeover continent.

• @brewergamer:

Someone mentioned call of duty so ima mention planetside 2. Wouldn’t it be awesome if like… You had planetside 2’s masses of people and chivalry’s combat on a massive scale taking over castles and shit? It’d be awesome. /randommomentended

EDIT: And don’t say that we already have that because the cap of players is 64 at the most. When on planetside 2 it’s in the THOUSANDS. And it’s just a single map game mode not a consistent territory control takeover continent.

I don’t think any server could take that. The 64 people servers are fun as hell but its so laggy you just swing at someone who froze in one spot because of lag and hope they teleport into your swing because they had no idea you were swinging and vice versa and yeah…

• Why on earth would I play MaA?

Because side dodge.

This game seems to be who ever has more Xbow-men on their team wins.

If that happens, take a shield. Archers hate shields.

When I go into melee with them, they simply switch to the fastest swinging melee weapon in the game and spam.

This will stop happening when you get more experienced.

• As an archer, I find most vanguards and knights easy prey for my cudgel in melee. MAA are… impossible to manage slightly more difficult.

And BTW, you might want to try dopping out of combat and circling around to ambush the archer from behind.

• They made archer too powerful and MAA too crap.
    Hopefully they know this. Fingers crossed…