What changed that much in the new patch ?

• Hullo all, I’m fairly new there.

I don’t get the hate from the last patch. What changed ? From what I get it’s mostly higher stamina costs for feint/parry stuff. How does it change the game that much ?

• Mostly just the inability to parry after feinting out of a combo, which was instead replaced with the ability to parry in recovery which most players who’ve dumped a lot of hours into the game have trouble adapting to after so long of combo-feint-parry.

• @SlyGoat:

Mostly just the inability to parry after feinting out of a combo, which was instead replaced with the ability to parry in recovery which most players who’ve dumped a lot of hours into the game have trouble adapting to after so long of combo-feint-parry.

I think some would object that it’s not that they can’t adapt, but that it’s actually worse for the game for a variety of reasons. I play exclusively with spear and I feel that it’s better for the game for combo-feint-parry to stay in.

There’s also a hell of a lot more wrong with the new patch than the removal of combo-feint-parry but I won’t go into it here, there are plenty of other topics. It’s disingenuous to say that it’s the only issue and that it’s because people can’t adapt.

• @SlyGoat:

Mostly just the inability to parry after feinting out of a combo, which was instead replaced with the ability to parry in recovery which most players who’ve dumped a lot of hours into the game have trouble adapting to after so long of combo-feint-parry.

Why would anyone want to adapt to a mechanic that is inferior to the previous one in every way?

• Hits not being recognised, attacks going through blocks. Taking damage by something that misses you. Lots of new fun stuff, OP crossbows for example.