The Slinger

• Let me start off by saying this by far the most exciting medieval combat simulator I have ever played. However, some of the weapons seem to fall short of the glory they once had on the field of battle. The weapon I am addressing specifically, is the sling.

While most other weapons have an unlockable upgraded version, it saddens me to see one of the most pivotal weapons of the medieval era, the sling, to be very limited in its versatility. My suggestion is not to add upgraded versions of the sling, but instead, to add a more diverse selection of ammunition for this unique instrument of European conquest.

Several new ammunition types may include, but not limited to, the following:

• Multi shot
    • Spiked lead balls (cause damage when stepped on)
    • Fire shot
    • Gravel, to disorient opponents and obstruct their vision
    • Smoke bombs (with a smaller area of effect compared to its larger cousin)

These are merely a handful of the creative and innovative ways to fully utilize the potential of the sling.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion, and I welcome any kind of feedback the staff or the community has to offer.

• This is pure GENIUS. I don’t know about you guys, but when I use a slanger I don’t put up a fight at all. I have to hit a guy 5 or 6 times before he dies. If this magnificent weapon of the medieval era had a few more “items” I could throw at some guy it would help a lot.

• Why the hell are you guys calling it the slanger? Also this is a solid plan more shots would be nice but they would have to be balance also on terms of the spiked balls I think it would be better if you just threw the caltrops or something.

• Its a slinger. Slanger isn’t even a word.

Anyway.

Two handed sling.
    Hunting sling.

A big high damaging one and a smaller faster one.

Historically slings were used on the Spanish peninsula and Eastern Europe. Though the agathian archer is wearing a Spanish looking Helmet and the mason archer has an eastern looking helmet so they fit.

• Great idea! Currently it’s only useful in limited situations which isn’t much fun.

• Guys, the point of this topic is not what the weapon is called, it’s about the potential it has to be a versatile and effective weapon on the battlefield.

Since you can’t really improve on the weapon itself, it seems like a practical idea to improve its ammunition. Presently, the only two types of ammunition are a lead ball, and a pebble. The advantage of the pebble is it’s unlimited ammo, but with how weak it is, you might as well be spitting on the enemy, and while the lead ball does more damage, it still takes a laughable amount of hits to kill an opponent.

As it stands, the slanger is more of a novelty weapon, not very well suited for combat.

• I can’t take anything in this thread seriously as long as you call it a “slanger”.

• Different countries call it different things. Unlike English, other languages tend not to recycle words.

When you break your arm, you put it in a sling. Rather than call this majestic weapon a sling, we call it a slanger, because it avoids confusion by having one word mean multiple things.

• @Tsugaru:

Different countries call it different things. Unlike English, other languages tend not to recycle words.

When you break your arm, you put it in a sling. Rather than call this majestic weapon a sling, we call it a slanger, because it avoids confusion by having one word mean multiple things.

If I ever break my arm (can’t… it’s made of adamantium), I’ll put it in a maul. Mauls are still better than “slangers”. Slangers still close second :lol:

• @Tsugaru:

Different countries call it different things. Unlike English, other languages tend not to recycle words.

You don’t know he difference between a sling and a sling?

You could actually use a sling as a sling.

Its all about context. And this is an English forum so speak English.

And we don’t recycle the word slinger. A slinger is a slinger.
    Your really hard to take seriously saying slanger.

And anyway “slang” is already a word. So you’re alread recycling a word defeating your original purpose of changing the name lol. Gonna call it a slong now?

Call them slingers. Or the point of this topic will remain on you making up words.

• Call them slingers. Or the point of this topic will remain on you making up words.

You’re the only one that’s so hung up on what I call it. Now stop trying to derail the topic with off topic banter about how I’m not saying the word the way you would like it. Either contribute to the idea, or stop replying to the topic. Grow up man.

*And just to save you some time, when you quote the part where I said to grow up and make some off topic comment about it, just know that I don’t care.

• damn I didn’t know what a Slanger was until someone pointed out that it was a slinger you were talking about LOL.

• Haha, I thought he was proposing a new weapon or something. I was like, what the hell is a slanger? Couldn’t think of anything weapon-like. I drew parallels to my own language, where it reminded me of either a garden hose or the act of stealing gas from cars using a hose. There’s also an Urban Dictionary definiton of the word slanger: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slanger

• Lol exactly! I also searched the net to understand what a slanger Was LOL a drugs seller! lol

• I think tsugaru that my point is made.

• dude why don’t you update the title and change it to slinger :/

• There the title is changed. Now instead of commenting on what I called the weapon, we can all comment on the idea.

• @Tsugaru:

There the title is changed. Now instead of commenting on what I called the weapon, we can all comment on the idea.

ignore em

some good ideas for my next mod !

• @gregcau:

@Tsugaru:

There the title is changed. Now instead of commenting on what I called the weapon, we can all comment on the idea.

ignore em

some good ideas for my next mod !

Your making a mod?

Do it put in these great ideas.

And make something that fires mauls.

• This is genius! 8-)