When will we see dual wielding ? :)

• Hello everyone i’m new here, i’m lvl 41 on chivalry, been playing for a while now I really enjoy the game it’s soo fun.

I was wondering if we will ever see a dual wielding class or anything similar.

thanks for reading!

see you on the battlefield!

• A new class will never happen. I read that they will keep these four classes without removing or adding one.
    And I don’t think there’ll be dual wielding. ONE one-handed sword is fast enough already. Imagine two O.o. The combospeed would be just insane.

• @Peter:

A new class will never happen. I read that they will keep these four classes without removing or adding one.
    And I don’t think there’ll be dual wielding. ONE one-handed sword is fast enough already. Imagine two O.o. The combospeed would be just insane.

I was thinking about the ability to block like a shield with dual wielding (by crossing the swors, and to combo differently)

• There is a reason dual wielding was almost never used in history. It is really uneffective and it is even extremly hard to make it look cool. Go ahead and try it :)

Even if Torn Banner decided to implement it, what would its special be? Attacking from two sides at once? In the context of this game, that sounds pretty overpowered.

The closest thing that could work is using something as a parrying dagger in your offhand, though I have no idea how to make that fit with the current game mechanic.

• what about a cross block and a parry + attack in the same time lol

• @popo_joe:

what about a cross block and a parry + attack in the same time lol

that’d be fun. But highly OP :D

• I’d have thought a dual wielded weapon could be made to work. But rather than just letting you dual wield any of the existing 1h weapons I think a new specific weapon would need to be made just for dual wielding. So you choose from Broad Sword, Falchion, Norse Sword, Dual Sword (or whatever)……

Just have the normal attacks use the right weapon and the alt attacks use the left weapon.

Can’t really see it suiting any class other than MAA.

• Hopefully never.
    Dual wielding isn’t effective at all and doesn’t suit the games style either.

• Dual wielding kind of does exist with the archer and knight buckler seeing as they both have a shield attack.

• @magicmunkey:

Dual wielding kind of does exist with the archer and knight buckler seeing as they both have a shield attack.

That’s not really dual wielding, as in wielding two weapons of the same type in both hands. The buckler is not just a shield, it’s a companion weapon, just like a dagger can be. Used to parry most of the time, but can of course be used in an offensive manner. If punching with a shield is considered dual wielding, then I guess everyone in history with a shield were dual wielding. Shields are handy to hurt people with.

• Not until the mod arrives. Maybe the Drizzt Do’Urden mod.

• @Don_Kanaille:

There is a reason dual wielding was almost never used in history. It is really uneffective and it is even extremly hard to make it look cool. Go ahead and try it :)

Thank you for this.

It is nigh impossible to coordinate two weapons of any size. Maybe in a dueling format, like fencing. But that’s almost always a maine-gauche or a ring-hilt dagger in their off-hand.

Could, maybe, be a possibility with two knives, but it’s just gonna get you killed otherwise.

gregcau, you’d play as Cattie-brie, wouldn’t you?

• @SavageBeatings:

@magicmunkey:

Dual wielding kind of does exist with the archer and knight buckler seeing as they both have a shield attack.

That’s not really dual wielding, as in wielding two weapons of the same type in both hands. The buckler is not just a shield, it’s a companion weapon, just like a dagger can be. Used to parry most of the time, but can of course be used in an offensive manner. If punching with a shield is considered dual wielding, then I guess everyone in history with a shield were dual wielding. Shields are handy to hurt people with.

Obviously it isn’t true dual wielding but the buckler is always was been used a as an ofensive weapon in warfare, not just for parrying. Kinda like a blunt parrying dagger. :P

• @SavageBeatings:

@magicmunkey:

Agree with Savagebeatings