Bearded Axe vs Flail

• Hello dunno if it works as intended but whenever I see a flail user I just spam windup with BA and they can’t do anything…if they counter i look down and spam windup they can’t do anything against it, I didn’t find anyone who could counter this.

Also i’d like to know why is everyone liking more the SoW and messer when you have the BA? i think its way better than the swords? or maybe i’m a noob and don’t know anything can anyone give me any reasons as to why BA isnt be the best knight weapon??

Thanks!

• @popo_joe:

Hello dunno if it works as intended but whenever I see a flail user I just spam windup with BA and they can’t do anything…if they counter i look down and spam windup they can’t do anything against it, I didn’t find anyone who could counter this.

Also i’d like to know why is everyone liking more the SoW and messer when you have the BA? i think its way better than the swords? or maybe i’m a noob and don’t know anything can anyone give me any reasons as to why BA isnt be the best knight weapon??

Thanks!

Theres your answer ^

Bearded axe has garbage reach compared to SoW and Longsword and Messer. Also it has a very shit stab, hits for like 15 damage. And the LMB is not very good.

It’s also a bad weapon to combo with since combos are slower then hitting normally and feinting in between in order to avoid combos. It’s also undraggable.

• thx alot Thylacine, i’ll switch to soW tonight.
    (i’ve been doing quite well with BA, the windup is really fast!)

• @popo_joe:

thx alot Thylacine, i’ll switch to soW tonight.
    (i’ve been doing quite well with BA, the windup is really fast!)

Go for Messer instead. They’ve nerfed SoW and LS and buffed Messer.

Or be a real man like me and go for Buckler + Secondary 1h (You can activate buckler by choosing one of the flails and then you can switch to Secondary 1h + Buckler by pressing 2h)

btw Maul is really good too, I love it

• the maul is nice, but the problem is that you’d have to play it with the mouse, I saw some really good maul players out there who combo with the maul by giving their back to the enemy and looking up, that’s impossible to do with a controller.

yesterdayI played alot with the Sow and long sword, I really enjoyed the dragging on the SoW, I really couldn’t do that with the BA, i can litterally attack an ennemy and rotate to the ennemy behind me and still hit him with only 1 swing. that was nice!

thx again for the advice, i’ll play with messer tonight! :)

• @popo_joe:

the maul is nice, but the problem is that you’d have to play it with the mouse, I saw some really good maul players out there who combo with the maul by giving their back to the enemy and looking up, that’s impossible to do with a controller.

yesterdayI played alot with the Sow and long sword, I really enjoyed the dragging on the SoW, I really couldn’t do that with the BA, i can litterally attack an ennemy and rotate to the ennemy behind me and still hit him with only 1 swing. that was nice!

thx again for the advice, i’ll play with messer tonight! :)

Plays Chivalry with a controller
    Really?

• yeah, really works well.
    its the ooly game where i can go against keyboard+mouse players and still manage.

i’ve made a post about my config.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15169

• The bearded axe is a massive Pub-stomp weapon. Most medium->low level players that make up 3/4’s of a pub game easily miss the parry/block on the overhead because of the undeniably fast speed of the overhead (without even look down).

When up against a solid player the bearded axe falls down. Most good players can easily block the fast release of the weapon and then the low reach of the bearded axe falls down.

• Cool story bro
    needs more falls down

• I thought so. Falls down.